Bord na Mona O’Byrne Cup 2019

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 26, 2018, 11:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

I don't like seeing players singled out in this way. Maybe it would be better if a full list was released or maybe no list at all. If a lad goes in and for whatever reason doesn't make the grade, then I'm not sure what benefit it is to Laois Today or any of us to know his business. I thank them all for giving it a go and I'm disappointed that a very good service would feel the need to single out Gary Walsh like that

Blow-in

Fully agree with above. Strong was also dropped but Laois today have said he retired which was wrong. At least report the truth if gonna report anything

Don Draper

Quote from: Batman!!! on December 15, 2018, 01:39:12 PM
Fully agree with above. Strong was also dropped but Laois today have said he retired which was wrong. At least report the truth if gonna report anything
Laois GAA reported Darren as retiring, maybe wind your neck back in a little.

O moore parklife

Troublesome player with minimal championship playing time
Dropped by first manager in years with balls and who wants a culture change from players and county board.
Refreshing in my opinion.
Few more lads surviving on there name for a few years now time to give new lads a chance and let them create a competitive healthy culture.
Division 4 and a abysmal track record in Leinster didn't happen over night its breed from culture.
Very easy to give out from the ditch with a popular headline narrative that attracts mob mentality  instead of forming an opinion from fact and possible progression.

High Fielder

I have no problem with the majority of that post but you talk about the ditch and then call a lad troublesome. Troublesome or not, he went in there and did a job, and I don't think he should be dragged through the mud again when he will obviously be disappointed. I'm a big supporter of what Sugrue is doing but that article was poorly written in my opinion, and contained information which had no relevance to the fact that he was dropped. Just my opinion.

O moore parklife

Completely agree im fairly positive it was a click bait piece.
Some lads don't mould into a new system should be left at that and not shone publicly.
Well said

Don Draper

Quote from: High Fielder on December 15, 2018, 08:12:57 PM
I have no problem with the majority of that post but you talk about the ditch and then call a lad troublesome. Troublesome or not, he went in there and did a job, and I don't think he should be dragged through the mud again when he will obviously be disappointed. I'm a big supporter of what Sugrue is doing but that article was poorly written in my opinion, and contained information which had no relevance to the fact that he was dropped. Just my opinion.
The player in question did more damage to himself than that article ever could. Relax.

High Fielder

And always paid a price for the harm done or offence caused. It doesn't need to be slapped up to him every time he suffers a reverse in life. He is a footballer who doesn't fit into Sugrue's plans. Pure and simple. The stuff about the tweets and CB were irrelevant in the context of Sugrue's decision and he made no reference to either. For that reason, there was no need for the journalist to remind us. It sets the wrong tone completely and wasn't the time or place in my opinion.

Keyser Söze

Very strange situation.
Strong plays last week...."retires" mid week & lads saying he is dropped.
A fan of Sugrue, but Lillis would have been lambasted for a situation like this. Just saying.

Do you mean Brody's shenanigans that saw him dropped last year or is there a more recent event?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Don Draper

Quote from: Keyser Söze on December 16, 2018, 03:26:52 PM
Very strange situation.
A fan of Sugrue, but Lillis would have been lambasted for a situation like this. Just saying.

Do you mean Brody's shenanigans that saw him dropped last year or is there a more recent event?
You've some neck comparing Surgrue to Lillis!

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Don Draper on December 16, 2018, 08:17:16 PM
Very strange situation.

Ignore the ridiculous situation that has unfolded so, and jump in blindly with two feet to defend your beloved!
As I said I'm a fan of Sugrue. But this is a very strange situation!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Don Draper

Quote from: Keyser Söze on December 16, 2018, 09:24:13 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on December 16, 2018, 08:17:16 PM
Very strange situation.

Ignore the ridiculous situation that has unfolded so, and jump in blindly with two feet to defend your beloved!
As I said I'm a fan of Sugrue. But this is a very strange situation!
Your fanboying over your beloved Mick is the most disconcerting issue here. Whether Sugrue is wrong or right, comparing him to the clusterfuck that was Lillis is bizarre. Its not like he didn't have his own issues with this player you wish to allow peace to, yet continue to bring up on here.

Nameless

Sugrue is cutting out lads who don't fit into what he's looking for. They're not putting in enough in training or they don't fit the game plan he wants to implement. He's not afraid to drop big names, this in contrast to our previous few managers (Creedon was our last manager so I don't know why Lillis is being mentioned). Only time will decide if he's making the right calls but he appears to be making the squad a highly competitive place to remain, nevermind the starting 15.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Leinster GAA have announced re-fixture details for the O'Byrne Cup clash between Wexford and Laois which was postponed last Saturday due to inclement weather.

The second round tie will take place in Enniscorthy on Thursday, December 20 (throw-in 8pm) having originally been scheduled for New Ross before being switched to the St Patricks Park venue on the Friday afternoon.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

redsetanta

That's crazy having the game on Thursday before Christmas Day. Lads working and traffic around the town. Players maybe having to tell Sugrue they can't make it.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi