Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 26, 2018, 06:35:29 PM
Batman wouldn't stand a chance with the hulk

Horses for courses, as they say!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

belfastsaff

have many clubs appointed managers yet or is it much the same? 
LD- Bunting Lynch etc there again
St Johns - expect the same
ST Galls - Would expect an inside man but not Kelly
Rossa - Would expect a change
St Ts - Hearing a change
Cargin - Cassidy in again
Creggan - Madden in again
St Endas - Would be a big shock if fitzy and co don't stay on
Casements - the fella donnely is taking Glen Maghera
Ahoghill - Announced on their facebook page the management team stepped away
Aghagallon - Think Kevin Murray will be there for a few years yet

Anyone shed any light on this

whatwillbwillb

Quote from: Footblock on November 24, 2018, 07:12:47 PM
This farce from the CCC gets worse. As of today's game between LD and ODR, Naomh Eanna finished 2nd in the section on score difference even though we only played 1 game and yet we havent been awarded a place in the 'A' competition. To my astonishment I have just discovered that CCC are now making LD and ODR play again on Tuesday night at Jordanstown to see who goes forward to the A competition.
Honestly talk about winging it and making it up as you go along. Have the CCC no shame? They should be seriously embarrassed. We may not win the A championship as there are a number of good teams like Gall's, Dunloy, Creggan, Portglenone et al but we would like to be afforded the opportunity. So much for supporting Antrim's representatives in Ulster.
As for entering the B championship Farset can make all the snide comments he wants but without having spoken to our players I would say that they would have no inclination to enter any such competition not out of snobbery but out of respect for legitimate B clubs who would aspire to win this. By relegating us to the B competition the CCC have show massive disrespect to the sides in the B competition.

Foot block to be fair when I read this I felt a lot of sympathy for the club and team like others on this board I'm sure. However now that I have heard the full story from a senior member of the CB last night (who again would have had sympathy also), who took me through the processes and communication that took place with your club and the other clubs in your group throughout the month of November from the CCC.  I would suggest you go back to your senior club officials who should be suitably embarrassed if the process that was outlined to me occurred! Get them to explain to those lads in the U21 panel what did go on and why you are now in the B competition! What I will say if what was explained to me last night did happen as outlined who do youse really think youse are? If some of the clubs out there hear what your club allegedly asked the CCC to do then you could quickly get a reputation that you will find had to shake .... such arrogance and total disrespect for the other teams in the competition.  God help us if that's the attitude of your representative that's running for County Chair and wins!

BigBallWeeBall

I see that NE are on fixture list for U21 B next week. Have they swallowed their pride and dropped down into B C/ship.

whatwillbwillb

The truth will set you free!!!!! Or make a laughing stock out of you!!!!

whatwillbwillb

Quote from: farset on November 29, 2018, 08:13:11 AM
Details, man. Details!
[/quo

I wish I could Farset but as the old saying goes " Nothing remains a secret in the GAA" as the CB member reminded me of last night.

Na Glinntí Glasa

our lads have had to endure countless games during all of the U21 championship

3rd v Aghagallon U21 football
11th v Dungannon Ulster Minor hurling semi final
13th v ballymena U21 football
18th v Dungiven Ulster minor hurling final,
20th v Moneyglass U21 football (schools football match that day as well)
24th v Moneyglass U21 football

6 games in a month and thats not counting schools matches but thats the price you pay for having success in your club and you roll with it and work around it the best you can.
hurl like f**k boi!

whatwillbwillb

Well said DR and they couldn't even play 1 over 4 weeks

Belfast GAA man

Good luck to NE in the Ulster final but how is it fair on genuine B u21 teams that they are in the B when they sound like a genuine top A team? They could run up big wins and that's no good for anyone....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 29, 2018, 01:10:07 PM
Good luck to NE in the Ulster final but how is it fair on genuine B u21 teams that they are in the B when they sound like a genuine top A team? They could run up big wins and that's no good for anyone....

Why is everyone getting their knickers in a twist over a 'b' competition ? The county has tried a group stage championship when in reality we've only ever had straight knockout competitions, the county has tried to give under 21's more games at a grade that is usually forgotten about in terms of fixtures, and when the county do something positive they get hammered for it!

A 21 year old is only concerned with winning the top level grade of their club (be that Junior, Intermediate or senior), everything else won't be remembered.. different if you are 12/14/16 when those thing matter..

Hopefully St Enda's win at the weekend, they are up against a top team and won't get it easy but they have adapted well to the Ulster games and will be a huge spring board to greater things next year at Senior level
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

I think its more the poor timing of it thats causing the problems. the U21 hurling championship has been done and dusted ages ago
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on November 29, 2018, 01:36:55 PM
I think its more the poor timing of it thats causing the problems. the U21 hurling championship has been done and dusted ages ago

Knock out competition...

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2018, 01:45:32 PM

Knock out competition...

true but it should of been run off earlier.

if, and i say if, we win this weekend against yourselves then we are into the Ulster Minor football championship which causes even more hashes for ourselves.
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Knock out competition is correct. Refs aswell as players are under enough pressure with games at this time of year.  4 weeks would have it done. If

Derryboy99

Quote from: Dunloy realist on November 29, 2018, 01:52:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2018, 01:45:32 PM

Knock out competition
true but it should of been run off earlier.

if, and i say if, we win this weekend against yourselves then we are into the Ulster Minor football championship which causes even more hashes for ourselves.

In recent years Slaughneil have had to sacrifice there chances of winning an u21 football and hurling championship through the success of there senior teams. That's the price of being successful. There young lads they should love having matches every few days to keep them rolling into next year for senior etc.