China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

The scenes in Dublin yesterday were a disgrace. Show your support when this is over
Harris and Varadkar haven't condemned it on any media platform
Bluffers both of them

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: HiMucker on June 02, 2020, 10:20:58 AM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 02, 2020, 09:51:06 AM
Thousands in Dublin marching yesterday which got the go ahead from the government.
Hundreds upon hundreds of youngsters gathering at beaches beauty spots yesterday in the north.
Now this is the reason that we need to get kids back to school and people back to work. To many people lying around doing nothing. A local park near me was bunged yesterday.
And suppose I'm contradicting myself here but the chances of getting Covid outside is as follows
2 metres = 1.3%
1 metre = 2.6%
No social distancing = 13%

Where did you get these figures?

I'd be interested in this too. If not accurate, spreading this sort of misinformation is a very dangerous thing to be at right now.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

JoG2

Altnagelvin ICU today: 0 confirmed, 0 suspected

Smurfy123

The virus has affectively been beat in the North. 4 new cases confirmed with 0 needing hospital treatment. The deaths are likely to stay below 3/4 for a week or so then 0 consistently over a period. That's some turnaround in 2 weeks even. I do believe reading reports picking up the infection virus outside is almost impossible. It's inside where it generates.
JOG where you getting the info. Great news

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 02, 2020, 02:40:01 PM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8377151/Keeping-one-metre-apart-slashes-risk-catching-coronavirus-80.html
And numerous other outlets

The danger of trying to reduce a world of greys to a few numbers!

So, your a metre away from someone for how long? Is it outdoors? Are you at a common table touching common surfaces? What about climatic effects?

Even the source doesn't contain that info - it was all smeared out when they cross compared the data.

https://www.thelancet.com/pdfs/journals/lancet/PIIS0140-6736(20)31142-9.pdf

A lot of work went into that paper. Yet still not enough for it to be effective. Their inputs needed to be better parsed before their analyses.
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 02, 2020, 03:21:39 PM
The virus has affectively been beat in the North. 4 new cases confirmed with 0 needing hospital treatment. The deaths are likely to stay below 3/4 for a week or so then 0 consistently over a period. That's some turnaround in 2 weeks even.

A couple of weeks of that and I'm sure we can open things up an awful long way, with a good track/trace system to catch new infections from asymptomatic carriers we should be in a good place.

I suppose attention then needs to turn to where it'll likely come in from outside source - chief among them being flights from England.
i usse an speelchekor

Smurfy123

That's it radio. What both governments should now be working on day and night is maybe testing everyone that comes into airports. Or taking temperatures on arrival that could be a start. Throw everything into that as realistically that's the only way that it will spread again. It along with the tracking system. Long way to go but things are certainly looking better. We have shown the British government up for what they are. SHITE

trailer

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 02, 2020, 03:49:14 PM
That's it radio. What both governments should now be working on day and night is maybe testing everyone that comes into airports. Or taking temperatures on arrival that could be a start. Throw everything into that as realistically that's the only way that it will spread again. It along with the tracking system. Long way to go but things are certainly looking better. We have shown the British government up for what they are. SHITE

British government have definitely got the virus response wrong. However, so far the economic response has been pretty good. If they continue the economy might be ok. A lot of other countries are in real trouble.

Taylor

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 02, 2020, 03:32:20 PM
The virus has affectively been beat in the North. 4 new cases confirmed with 0 needing hospital treatment. The deaths are likely to stay below 3/4 for a week or so then 0 consistently over a period. That's some turnaround in 2 weeks even.

A couple of weeks of that and I'm sure we can open things up an awful long way, with a good track/trace system to catch new infections from asymptomatic carriers we should be in a good place.

I suppose attention then needs to turn to where it'll likely come in from outside source - chief among them being flights from England.

Thats going to be key - once you contain it on the island the key is to keep it out.

The problem is the leaders on this island will show little appetite to test/take temps at airports and ports.

Surely this should be the priority

five points

Quote from: Taylor on June 02, 2020, 04:29:05 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 02, 2020, 03:32:20 PM

Thats going to be key - once you contain it on the island the key is to keep it out.

The problem is the leaders on this island will show little appetite to test/take temps at airports and ports.

Surely this should be the priority

The tourist industry is probably the reason.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: five points on June 02, 2020, 05:23:07 PM

It is - but surely its less damaging for the rest of the economy to support a semi-shuttered tourist sector than to go through this again.
i usse an speelchekor

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 02, 2020, 05:25:26 PM

It is - but surely its less damaging for the rest of the economy to support a semi-shuttered tourist sector than to go through this again.

If people bought their own kits and tested before and when home surely that would suffice ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

five points

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 02, 2020, 05:25:26 PM

I'm not disagreeing with you. I might be if my job or business was on the line.

Smurfy123

Much are the tests and how long do you have to wait on your results