Dublin v Laois

Started by Unlaoised, June 19, 2018, 10:57:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

I see the Handicap keeps going down it was 20 points after Dublin beat Longford but now is as low as 14 ...

Is Cluxton worth 6 points to the Dubs?

Attride is a bigger loss he is Laois's best defender!

Should be a good open game but Dublin will probably have far too much from about 30 mins on!

Hopefully Laois can do what they did in Nolan park two years ago and make a fight of it!
LAOIS ABÚ

Dinny Breen

What kind of crowd are they expecting?

Dublin are preparing for the super8, they won't be near full tilt. Anywhere else I would expect Dub to win by 6-8 but playing at home makes that a 10-12 spread.

#newbridgeornowhere

yellowcard

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DQCW6eFjc44&feature=youtu.be

I'm not sure how Jim Gavin manages to keep a straight face at times, the man talks some rubbish.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: yellowcard on June 19, 2018, 10:14:51 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DQCW6eFjc44&feature=youtu.be

I'm not sure how Jim Gavin manages to keep a straight face at times, the man talks some rubbish.

What's your problem with Jim Gavin's interview?
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Beffs

Jesus, he can't win. Make the usual "we take the opposition seriously, no matter how easily we think we'll beat them" remarks and he gets slaughtered for taking the piss. Admit that he thinks the Dubs will cruise to a handy 10 pt plus win and he'll get slaughtered for being arrogant, or showing the oppositon no respect. Inter county managers just can't win. Is it any wonder so many of them choose to keep the media at arms length?

Rossfan

Will anyone outside of Dublin or Laois even bother to watch this game?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hound

Quote from: Unlaoised on June 19, 2018, 10:57:12 AM
I see the Handicap keeps going down it was 20 points after Dublin beat Longford but now is as low as 14 ...

Is Cluxton worth 6 points to the Dubs?

Attride is a bigger loss he is Laois's best defender!

Should be a good open game but Dublin will probably have far too much from about 30 mins on!

Hopefully Laois can do what they did in Nolan park two years ago and make a fight of it!
PP Handicap v Longford was 18. PP Handicap with Laois was initially 16 when I looked, now it's 15.

Cluxton is clearly a very important player for the Dubs. If there's a risk he could exacerbate the injury then I doubt he'll start, but he'll want to play. I think he'll be named in the program at number 1 either way.

I thought Comerford looked nervous enough (understandable for a young lad on his debut), in particular under the high ball. There was one very poor punch early on which almost led to a Laois goal chance but Jonny Cooper made a brilliant block. His kickouts were pretty much spot on, although Longford didn't put him under any real pressure in this regard as they'd only 14 men. If he does start, you would presume Laois will try to pressurise him.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Rossfan on June 20, 2018, 09:58:51 AM

I will because I enjoy watching the tweaks Jim Gavin has made to the Dubs this year, like Kilkenny being closer to goal, Fenton definitely being more attack minded and how they get on without Cluxton. Laois will make a game of it if they can get enough decent ball into the Kingstons.

Jinxy

Laois need at least five more Kingstons to make a game of this.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hound

Quote from: Jinxy on June 20, 2018, 11:51:44 AM
Laois need at least five more Kingstons to make a game of this.
The 2nd Kingston was actually very quiet v Carlow. They'll certainly need more from him.

I think the Laois keeper will do more than anyone to create an atmosphere!

Unlaoised

Laois keeper will be told to stay put sunday id say ...he will be needed to stop shots not go on solo runs
LAOIS ABÚ

Gold

This Antrim man may take a spin down the road. Enjoyed the Laois keeper v Carlow...why not tear on out...sure anyone can fill in in goals

Fancy the Dubs to win by how many they want but would love to see Laois get ahead and make a game if it

Realistically its best team ever v Div 4 and could be a 20 point plus win for the Dubs if they want it to be

Im just looking forward to the Carvery and anything else is a bonus!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

The Boy Wonder

Quote from: Rossfan on June 20, 2018, 09:58:51 AM

When the top teams get into their stride they can play some brilliant football, e.g. Mayo's 4-19 to 0-9 demolition of the Rossies last year  ;)

I'm hoping that Laois will be competitive but it's a huge ask for a team coming from Division 4.

From the Bunker

Really looking forward to 4pm on Sunday. Japan and Senegal game is on the TV!

Hound

I'm actually a bit worried about whether discord might raise its head in the Dubs camp this year. Like any successful team there's been a great bond and togetherness between the team of the last few years. It had threatened to go pear shaped about 5 years ago when Philly and Diarmo had serious fisticuffs at training, but they sorted that out and it brought everyone closer.

This year we've had Connolly leaving. Now it's certainly not all to do with Gavin, but the fact they don't really get on hasn't helped. And Gavin certainly didnt go all out to try and get him back onboard.

There have been rumours circulating, totally unsubstantiated, of a few of the sub forwards not being happy with their opportunities, or lack thereof, and in particular of the stated policy of training impacting on teamsheet not being adhered to.

Dubs have had a lot of injuries in defence during the league, and actually down to the bare bones with Howard being relocated from wing forward to wing back leaving the back 6 as Fitz-Philly-Lowndes, Howard-McCarthy-Cooper with only Daly really left as an adequate replacement.

But now McCaffrey, O'Sullivan, Small and Davy Byrne are all going to be available, so who gets left out? Some big decisions coming up and there's going to be some disappointed experienced players.

Okay its definitely easier to keep everyone happy when you're winning, but its harder when you're telling experienced All Ireland winners who are still at the top of their game in their own heads, that they're only on the bench. Will be interesting to see how Gavin manages to keep the happy camp.