Laois GAA Strategic Review

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, August 15, 2017, 03:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

clonadmad

While Brennan acknowledges in the letter that the questionnaire will take time to complete, he is urging clubs "to engage its entire committee membership, including its juvenile committee".

Will be interesting to see how many clubs will open it up to the various committees or will the secretary just fill it in or worse ignore it altogether.

What would lads like to see put in it?.

Don Draper

Lads should be beating the door down to fill these roles, it should be a case of handpicking from a pool of candidates. Instead they're begging for people to come forward. No one cares, no one gives a f**k, and Nickey f**king Brennan aint gonna change one f**king thing except tick another box.

As our 2017 Laois GAA Talent Academy season draws to a conclusion next month, Laois GAA is actively recruiting and sourcing suitable and capable mentors for our football and hurling Talent Academy panels for 2017-18 in all grades from U-13 to U-16.
Laois GAA Coaching Staff are presently in the process of preparing an autumn / winter development pathway, incorporating athlete development and resistance training, screening and testing, for all our panellists.
Any personnel or former players with a good technical knowledge of our games interested in giving a help out with our squads in football or hurling would be welcome and appreciated.
All coaches will be required to meet the mandatory coaching standards, which will be provided.
Any queries contact Laois GDA Andrew Kavanagh 087-1257517

finbar o tool

Quote from: Don Draper on August 16, 2017, 12:05:47 PM
Lads should be beating the door down to fill these roles, it should be a case of handpicking from a pool of candidates. Instead they're begging for people to come forward. No one cares, no one gives a f**k, and Nickey f**king Brennan aint gonna change one f**king thing except tick another box.

As our 2017 Laois GAA Talent Academy season draws to a conclusion next month, Laois GAA is actively recruiting and sourcing suitable and capable mentors for our football and hurling Talent Academy panels for 2017-18 in all grades from U-13 to U-16.
Laois GAA Coaching Staff are presently in the process of preparing an autumn / winter development pathway, incorporating athlete development and resistance training, screening and testing, for all our panellists.
Any personnel or former players with a good technical knowledge of our games interested in giving a help out with our squads in football or hurling would be welcome and appreciated.
All coaches will be required to meet the mandatory coaching standards, which will be provided.

IMO, thats not begging! Thats an open invite for interested qualified people to put their names forward!? Why wouldn't they do that?!
Ffs Do you ever have anything positive to say?!
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

Laois fan

Exactly ,everyone  would be giving out if they didnt let people apply for the jobs

clonadmad

Don being his usual positive self

How does any job get filled unsless people are made aware of it?

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on August 17, 2017, 12:41:06 PM

By head hunting. But no worries, let any Joe Soap come forward and ignore a talented person who may need approaching. I cant see how this method could fail. No wonder we have the top table we have.

clonadmad

Quote from: Don Draper on August 17, 2017, 02:18:15 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on August 17, 2017, 12:41:06 PM

By head hunting. But no worries, let any Joe Soap come forward and ignore a talented person who may need approaching. I cant see how this method could fail. No wonder we have the top table we have.

So who would you headhunt then Don

I'll limit you to three names.

Don Draper

I have no involvement in underage coaching in the county, hence why its not my job to seek out the best coaches who would be suited to heading up these squads in the county.

But, and I'll ask you, as you are a voice I admire on here on the hurling front, if those tasked with developing our underage talent, aren't aware of who the good coaches who may be available or operating in our county, then who the f**k does know them? Do you? Who would your 3 be? You seem to have a familiarity with underage hurling, I ask you to fire out 3 on that side and answer me, have they been approached? Surely theres a few obvious ones?

clonadmad

I'll give you 5 Don

The first man would be an obvious and well known target,the other 4 not so,but all are living in the county and would know their way around a hurling team

Lorcan Mahoney Abbeyleix
Andrew Ryan full back with Toomevara,Tipperary Intermediate and teaching in the county
Brian Carroll,ex Offaly and teaching in the CBS (open to correction there)
Declan Qualter ex Oranmore Maree and residing in Ballyroan
Damian McDonald living in Stradbally and trained/managed DIT fitzgibbon cup teams,also involved with Dublin underage

Keyser Söze

Quote from: clonadmad on August 17, 2017, 11:00:12 PM
I'll give you 5 Don

The first man would be an obvious and well known target,the other 4 not so,but all are living in the county and would know their way around a hurling team

Lorcan Mahoney Abbeyleix
Andrew Ryan full back with Toomevara,Tipperary Intermediate and teaching in the county
Damian McDonald living in Stradbally and trained/managed DIT fitzgibbon cup teams,also involved with Dublin underage

Nothing surer than you will take this as a personal attack, I'd find it hard to see the above happening.

1) Already involved
2) Young lad still hurling himself (if it's same fella i'm thinking of)- be hard to pin him down to coaching Laois teams in summer months i'd say
3) Already involved with coaching Offaly underage teams?
4) Don't know anything about him?
5) He's the head of the IFA? Surely time would be a problem?

Any of the above would be welcome additions, but at the end of the day it's going to be 99% Laois hurling men who will need to drive this. Very few outsiders are going to be bothered.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

clonadmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on August 17, 2017, 11:17:47 PM
I'll give you 5 Don

Lorcan Mahoney Abbeyleix

Nothing surer than you will take this as a personal attack, I'd find it hard to see the above happening.

1) Already involved
2) Young lad still hurling himself (if it's same fella i'm thinking of)- be hard to pin him down to coaching Laois teams in summer months i'd say

Any of the above would be welcome additions, but at the end of the day it's going to be 99% Laois hurling men who will need to drive this. Very few outsiders are going to be bothered.

A Personal attack??

Throw up your 5 recommendations then,obviously you can do better

Keyser Söze

Quote from: clonadmad on August 17, 2017, 11:23:20 PM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on August 17, 2017, 11:17:47 PM
I'll give you 5 Don

Lorcan Mahoney Abbeyleix

1) Already involved

A Personal attack??

Throw up your 5 recommendations then,obviously you can do better

Point proven!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

finbar o tool

Look lads at the end of the day, an open invite is the right thing to do. Slowly but surely more and more people are completing coaching courses and getting coach education, Laois Gaa have a record of everyone who has completed these courses and can and will approach people. But putting it out there to see who is willing to step forward is the first thing to do. When has there ever been people "beating the door down" to fill these positions!?
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy