The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

Liverpool's points (76) is more than they won in the 17/18 season with 7 more games to play.

On course for a 90+ points total.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

trailer

Was that a dive?

I like Milner. Seems s genuine sort. Great penalty

From the Bunker

Quote from: stiffler on March 17, 2019, 04:54:50 PM
Liverpool's points (76) is more than they won in the 17/18 season with 7 more games to play.

To be fair Klopp half arsed the end of the Premier League season last year. Liverpool had enough in the bag earlier on, and just did enough to finish 4th. All our eggs were put in the Champions League basket.

trueblue1234

Wasn't sure whether to put this in here or the WTF thread.

Moreno set for a two-year deal with Barca

https://talksport.com/football/517320/liverpool-transfer-news-alberto-moreno-contract-barcelona-jovic/

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

J70

TabClear

Quote from: J70 on March 26, 2019, 04:12:23 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 26, 2019, 01:24:13 PM
Wasn't sure whether to put this in here or the WTF thread.

Moreno set for a two-year deal with Barca

https://talksport.com/football/517320/liverpool-transfer-news-alberto-moreno-contract-barcelona-jovic/

Que?? :o

Real Madrid for the title next year.

Although Moreno would probably do all right at Barca with  the amount of possession they have and they will love his pace.

dec

Quote from: stiffler on March 17, 2019, 04:54:50 PM

Liverpool's best ever points total was 68pts (2 pt win) in 42 games 30W 8D 4L (98pts under a 3pt win). This is about equivalent to 89 pts in a 38 game season. If we get 90+ that would be a best ever season but would still feel like a massive disappointment if we don't win the league.

If it turns out to a stepping stone on the way to consistently challenging for or winning the league then it would eventually feel like a good season but I have been through too many false dawns over the last 28 years.

2000-2002 3 cup season and then 2nd in league
2004-2009 CL (W,RU,SF,QF over 5 years) improvement in league with a 2nd in 09
2013-2014 2nd in league, Suarez, 100 goals

and then falling off afterwards.

quit yo jibbajabba

Yup. V little defending and/or a seat on the bench as a backup.

Mans landed on his feet again if it happens. Stole a living past 2 years and therell be a couple more

(Moreno)

Dire Ear

1-0 htime Rose is a fine competitor, nice goal by Bob

laoislad

Come on you Reds. ;D
f**king hell I'm not able for this.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Dire Ear

J70

Milltown Row2

Dipped after scoring but came roaring back. Going to be a great finish to the league
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

cadhlancian

We were lucky folks. Klopp can be a bit arrogant at times . Fabinho is 3 times the player Henderson is , probably the best midfielder we have . Before the Spurs goal , getting completely over ran in the middle of the park and he does nothing. Great 3 points , results are all that matters right now , but I thought Klopps tactics today were poor.

J70

Definitely got away with it. Sissoko was shocking on that breakaway at the end. Whatever it is this season, they generally seem to find a way to sneak a result. But I think they will have to win all six remaining games, and the likes of Southampton and Cardiff away are going to be difficult. Chelsea will turn up with a totally different attitude too. City are going to win all their games, unless United do Liverpool a favour. Still think it will be too much to ask. Liverpool are going to drop points with Salah not performing in front of goal and I think City will sneak it with a game to spare.