FIFA PRO Team of the year 2013

Started by rodney trotter, January 13, 2014, 05:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: Sidney on January 14, 2014, 06:15:59 PM
Quote from: gallsman on January 14, 2014, 03:58:00 PM
Quote from: Sidney on January 14, 2014, 10:32:05 AM
Suarez's performances in 2013 were better than those of Messi.  That should be the only criteria for selection.

Put simply, they weren't and Messi hasn't been fit since his injury against PSG.
Injury, and what a player could have done were they not injured, should not be taken into account. Similarly, what Suarez could have done when he was suspended should not be taken into account.

The only criteria is what the player actually did during 2013. Suarez has been better.

Sidney, I still really struggle to see how you can argue that Suarez 'did better'.  You haven't provided any stats on the number of appearances both players made to see who actually did do better.  Additionally, I don't think there are many in the world who would agree with you.  The top two (Messi and Ronaldo) are a level above their challengers.   
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Estimator

I read this morning that despite only playing 3 La Liga games in 2013, Casillas was second in the voting for the No. 1 spot.
Ulster League Champions 2009

nrico2006

Quote from: Estimator on January 15, 2014, 08:26:25 AM
I read this morning that despite only playing 3 La Liga games in 2013, Casillas was second in the voting for the No. 1 spot.

Unbelievable.  How is Pique regularly voted into the team?  A lot better Centrebacks out there
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

rodney trotter

A bad week for Lionel Messi, after losing out to Cristiano Ronaldo for the FIFA Ballon d'Or, got worse on Wednesday when the Barcelona forward failed to make it into the UEFA.com team of the year.

The UEFA team was chosen by users of the European body's website, and not a single Barca player was included despite the team winning the Spanish Primera Division title. Messi finished 13th in terms of votes, cast by more than half a million visitors to the website or via social media sites.

Only one current Premier League player, Arsenal's Mesut Ozil, has made it into the team, although Wales midfielder Gareth Bale, who moved from Tottenham to Real Madrid in the summer, is also included.

No English players made it into the team, but there are four from Germany - Manuel Neuer, Philipp Lahm, Marco Reus and Ozil.

Portugal captain Ronaldo, who won the Ballon d'Or on Monday, is named in the team for the eighth time and an unprecedented seventh time in a row.

The uefa.com team of 2013: Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich and Germany); Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid and Spain), Thiago Silva (Paris St Germain and Brazil), Philipp Lahm (Bayern Munich and Germany), David Alaba (Bayern Munich and Austria); Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich and France), Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund and Germany) Mesut Ozil (Arsenal and Germany), Gareth Bale (Real Madrid and Wales); Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid and Portugal), Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Paris St Germain and Sweden).

Rossie11

Now that team is an even bigger joke that the FIFA one.
Bale ahead of messi and Reus ahead of Iniesta. Obviously the huge fan bases
of the EPL and Germany as a whole got a few of these over the line.

rodney trotter

No harm looking at a few predictable names not being there,boring seeing the same names every year.clearly biased towards la liga in FifPro, the whole team consisted of la liga players last year- fifpeo. Casillaa as second choice gk this year with 3 appearances,  say no more

Messi and Iniesta are hardly loosing sleep, enough accolades as it is

beer baron

World player of the year scored a cracker this evening  ;D

Never beat the deeler

Fifpro reserves team of the year
Casillas (Real Madrid), David Luiz (Chelsea), Pique (Barcelona), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Alaba (Bayern Munich); Ozil (Arsenal), Bale (Real Madrid), Y.Toure (Manchester City); Neymar (Barcelona), Falcao (Monaco), Van Persie (Manchester United).
Hasta la victoria siempre

Applesisapples

Quote from: Rossie11 on January 15, 2014, 09:17:24 PM
Now that team is an even bigger joke that the FIFA one.
Bale ahead of messi and Reus ahead of Iniesta. Obviously the huge fan bases
of the EPL and Germany as a whole got a few of these over the line.
I'd say Leo is gutted and would gladly swap his La Liga medal for this accolade.

Apparently so

No Jonny Evans? Typical FIFA, corrupt sectarian bastards