Lurgan

Started by seafoid, March 02, 2017, 01:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Saw a video of the police landing in, no need. Plenty of marches coming up that break the rules too yet you never see this carry-on.  Also saw the videos of the marching and never saw anything as embarassing either. Are the sunglasses compulsary even if there isnt a hint of anything but dark clouds?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tonto1888

Quote from: general_lee on April 01, 2018, 12:45:38 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on April 01, 2018, 11:37:10 AM
Quote from: general_lee on April 01, 2018, 11:35:00 AM
They flattened a pensioner in the process. Look forward to PSNI Craigavon's cheerful take on it on Facebook...

Did you see the video?
I've seen a few videos. They had two unmarked minibuses full of cops as well as a pile of landrovers.
I'm no support of RSF but they definitely could have dealt with it better. Next year will be a bundle of laughs, or maybe they didn't think that far ahead

I agree with ye. I didn't think the woman got knocked over by a cop tho. Thought she tripped

Avondhu star

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 01, 2018, 12:57:13 PM
Saw a video of the police landing in, no need. Plenty of marches coming up that break the rules too yet you never see this carry-on.  Also saw the videos of the marching and never saw anything as embarassing either. Are the sunglasses compulsary even if there isnt a hint of anything but dark clouds?
Anyone under 18 stone or over 5 ft need not apply for the colour party
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Milltown Row2

Quote from: general_lee on April 01, 2018, 11:35:00 AM
They flattened a pensioner in the process. Look forward to PSNI Craigavon's cheerful take on it on Facebook...

Will the #Ibelieveshewasknockedover crowd start a proper protest all over the country?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

illdecide

6 from the 7 arrested were not from Lurgan ::)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Rois

I was supposed to get the keys to my new house in Lurgan today.

The developer pulled out on Wednesday and is not going to sell us the house.  Our mortgage was drawn down and everything, we have furniture bought.

If any of you Lurgan ones know anyone buying a new-build house in or around Solitude/Kilmore Road, tell them to speak to me first about the developer.  Happy to spread the word about our horrific experience. 

Or if you know anyone selling a nice house in the area, let me know.  Need somewhere to live as I've paid the golf club fees for the year already...

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Rois on May 24, 2019, 04:16:09 PM

The developer pulled out on Wednesday and is not going to sell us the house.  Our mortgage was drawn down and everything, we have furniture bought.

If any of you Lurgan ones know anyone buying a new-build house in or around Solitude/Kilmore Road, tell them to speak to me first about the developer.  Happy to spread the word about our horrific experience. 

Or if you know anyone selling a nice house in the area, let me know.  Need somewhere to live as I've paid the golf club fees for the year already...

Can you not sue him on the back of the contract and enforce it?  That seems very strange Rois

Rois

Nope, didn't sign anything, we were just going to exchange and complete on the same day.  I've a brother in law at the bar who advised me, he's done plenty of property work - we could give a partial completion argument a bit of a go, but unlikely to be successful, just wrack up costs.

We were never asked for a deposit (strange for a new-build) and it suited us as the OH was always suspicious.  We suspect it's mainly greed - there's a bit of momentum in the development and we struck a price last year so he probably thinks he can better it.

But to happen two days before we planned to move in is just cruel!  This company has plenty of houses to sell around Lurgan so just wanted to warn others. 

lfdown2

Sent you a PM there Rois.

JimStynes

Sorry to hear that. Who is the builder?

Aghagallon is only out the road  ???

armaghniac

Stick a big sign "cheats" on a van and park outside the showhouse.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

brokencrossbar1

Bad form but at least you didn't lose a deposit. Unusual behaviour for a new build not having contracts signed. Builder will get a name for that and people won't deal with them. Tell a few people and watch it spread like wildfire.

Tony Baloney

balladmaker

Why would a builder/developer pull out like that?  Have they got a bigger offer from another buyer or what?  I'd go to town on them ... estate agent, developer, builder, the lot of them!  I know the area, top notch location.

Rois

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 24, 2019, 06:38:53 PM
Carter Wood?
Solitude Hall - same guys. Carter Wood not yet built.

They said they have interest at £30k more. But didn't ask us for any more. We have gone as far as buying the number for the door of the house.