2018 NFL Division 2

Started by tippabu, December 31, 2017, 11:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: Westside on March 15, 2018, 10:21:52 PM
Quote from: Itchy on March 15, 2018, 09:48:03 PM
Quote from: Westside on March 15, 2018, 09:39:07 PM
It's hard to come up with any persuasive reasons why Cavan would win this game. The best we've managed from them recently in a game that matters is a draw in 2015 in the first round.

Cavan have mounting injury worries and Down could and maybe should have won the game last week.

Rossies by 4+ and all Cavan hopes to lie on the Tipp game

Maybe but part of me wonders are cavan a bit further on fitness wise. Ros will be aiming for a later start in connacht cavan into battle but earlier. Killian Clarke may be missing so I'd say if he's fit cavan might sneak it but if not Ross will win it. We owe them a defeat and that bookies price is extremely generous and over rates Ros on current form.

Killian is a huge loss. He's part of that core group of players that our success relies so heavily upon.

I know there's not been much in it between us but to be fair to them, they've fully deserved all their victories against us in the recent past. I know it's easy to feel like we 'owe them one' but I don't think it generally plays out like this. The better team will win most games these days. Looking at the team sheets and in particular the firepower and the benches on each, Roscommon are a good bit ahead IMO.

They certainly have better forwards but I think we are better around the middle and I don't believe they can match gearoid, Mackey, clarke and mcvitty in that area. We are also a bit healthier in the forwards than last year and certainly playing with a more attack minded approach. Our ultra negative approach is what cost us last year. Personally I think Tipp are a better team and i would be worried if we lost to Ros and needed to do it against Tipp. However if Clarke is out that would certainly tip the scales towards Ros. It should be a fascinating game.

Blowitupref

Cork team to play Clare. Two changes Peter Kelleher and Michael Hurley come in for Sean White and Ruairi Deane. The game is live on Eir sports Saturday night.

1. Mark White (Clonakilty)

2. Sam Ryan (St Finbarrs)
3. Jamie O Sullivan (Bishopstown)
4. Kevin Crowley (Millstreet)

5. Matthew Taylor (Mallow)
6. Kevin Flahive (Douglas)
7. Tomas Clancy (Fermoy)

8. Ian Maguire (St Finbarrs) (captain)
9. Cillian O Hanlon (Kilshannig)

10. Kevin O Driscoll (Tadhg MacCarthaigh)
11. Mark Collins (Castlehaven)
12. Peter Kelleher (Kimichael)

13. John O Rourke (Carbery Rangers)
14. Colm O Neill (Ballyclough)
15. Michael Hurley (Castlehaven)

Subs

16. Ryan Price (O Donovan Rossa)
17. Sean Wilson (Douglas)
18. Micheal McSweeney (Newcestown)
19. Cian Kiely (Ballincollig)
20. Daniel O Callaghan (Clyda Rovers)
21. Cian Dorgan (Ballincollig)
22. Stephen Sherlock (St Finbarrs)
23. Donnacha O Connor (Ballydesmond)
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Great to see another clash of traditional rural Counties where Gaelic football is a part of what we are rather than some bandwagon to be jumped on when the going is good.
Will be the biggest crowd of the year in Division 2.
If we lose we're more than likely gone unless Down and Clare upset the odds which is unlikely.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tippabu

Quote from: Rossfan on March 16, 2018, 12:06:27 AM
Great to see another clash of traditional rural Counties where Gaelic football is a part of what we are rather than some bandwagon to be jumped on when the going is good.
If we lose we're more than likely gone unless Down and Clare upset the odds which is unlikely.

You'd be doing well to beat the 16,000 at tipp cork game in puc, we even had 6700 at tipp Louth last sunday ;)

Smurfy123

What are Tipp playing like these days?
With the exception of Quinlivan I would not know anyone else on the team.
Whats your thoughts on the naming of teams a few days before the game?Jesus ours does not get released until 20 minutes pre match.
Annoying!

tippabu

Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 16, 2018, 07:37:27 AM
Whats your thoughts on the naming of teams a few days before the game?Jesus ours does not get released until 20 minutes pre match.
Annoying!

Playing aswell as we have in any league I remember. We have a good panel now with options to come on rather than a bare 15 like when we got to the semi. Very wary of this game, ye seem to be losing games ye should be winning and worrying this will be the weekend it will all come right. We used to be like that but we are this year releasing them at a consistent time and small things like that make it feel like we are taking the football more seriously even if it is a nothing thing really

Rossfan

Quote from: tippabu on March 16, 2018, 07:21:30 AM

You'd be doing well to beat the 16,000 at tipp cork game in puc, we even had 6700 at tipp Louth last sunday ;)
How many of them sullied their eyes by looking at the football?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mrdeeds

Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 16, 2018, 07:37:27 AM
Annoying!

You don't know Sweeney, Maher, O Brien, Fox, Comerford etc.... Some knowledge.

johnnycool

Quote from: Rossfan on March 16, 2018, 08:52:08 AM

Never watch a football game before you go out to play hurling, it slows your reflexes.

(C) Christy Ring.

tippabu

Quote from: Rossfan on March 16, 2018, 08:52:08 AM

Ah sure maybe 100, possibly 200 wouldn't have bother with the football and were only there for that auld hurling stuff!!

Smurfy123

Mr Deeds  no I don't know any of the above.I wouldn't be a big following of Tipp footballers
Would you know many Down players may I ask

johnnycool

Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 16, 2018, 12:14:37 PM
Mr Deeds  no I don't know any of the above.I wouldn't be a big following of Tipp footballers

A lot of Down fans don't know many of the Down team the way things are going..

Smurfy123

😂😂😂
Good point johnycool

mrdeeds

Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 16, 2018, 12:14:37 PM

Sorry I came across as condescending. I'm a Cavan man so know lots of Down footballers. To me Sweeney shoud have got the All Star semi final year and I believe Comerford is maybe best gk in Ireland behind Cluxton.

Westside

Quote from: Syferus on March 15, 2018, 10:37:29 PM
Quote from: Westside on March 15, 2018, 10:15:27 PM
Quote from: Syferus on March 15, 2018, 09:55:44 PM
Quote from: Itchy on March 15, 2018, 09:48:03 PM
Quote from: Westside on March 15, 2018, 09:39:07 PM
It's hard to come up with any persuasive reasons why Cavan would win this game. The best we've managed from them recently in a game that matters is a draw in 2015 in the first round.

Cavan have mounting injury worries and Down could and maybe should have won the game last week.

Rossies by 4+ and all Cavan hopes to lie on the Tipp game

Maybe but part of me wonders are cavan a bit further on fitness wise. Ros will be aiming for a later start in connacht cavan into battle but earlier. Killian Clarke may be missing so I'd say if he's fit cavan might sneak it but if not Ross will win it. We owe them a defeat and that bookies price is extremely generous and over rates Ros on current form.

Roscommon have lost two competitive matches since we last met 12 months ago, and one was to Mayo..

Roscommon have lost to Mayo, Clare and Down if I'm right?

Cavan have lost to Monaghan and Tipperary.

Roscommon beat Clare by seven in Ennis last Sunday, Westside. We drew with Meath in the first round.

You said Ros had lost 2 competitive games I'm in 12 months since we last met. By my reckoning you lost to Mayo, Clare in the qualifiers and Down in the league this year.

In the same time Cavan have lost to Monaghan and Tipperary.

Just to be accurate, inferring nothing..