Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

interesting game yesterday between ourselves and Lgiel. Was a good entertaining game with plenty happening. I don't think either side played well or up to their full potential so its hard this early in the season to see what will be come the end of the year.

Its prob the first time in a fair few years that we have won the reserve and senior game against Loughgiel.
hurl like f**k boi!

NAG1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on April 09, 2018, 08:29:26 AM
interesting game yesterday between ourselves and Lgiel. Was a good entertaining game with plenty happening. I don't think either side played well or up to their full potential so its hard this early in the season to see what will be come the end of the year.

Its prob the first time in a fair few years that we have won the reserve and senior game against Loughgiel.

Got to the game, Dunloy looked as if there was bit more in the tank. Conditions not great for the match with a heavy pitch before the rain came on, maybe time LG took a look at that pitch it seems to have deteriorated badly over the last number of years.

Na Glinntí Glasa

I do know that its been used for training for their teams but that boils down to no space for everyone to use. we are lucky in a sense that our main pitch is closed all the time to any training sessions and it keeps it in a decent shape.

tho the rain and bad weather hasnt helped any of the pitches this year so far
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on April 09, 2018, 11:39:03 AM
I do know that its been used for training for their teams but that boils down to no space for everyone to use. we are lucky in a sense that our main pitch is closed all the time to any training sessions and it keeps it in a decent shape.

tho the rain and bad weather hasnt helped any of the pitches this year so far

The big ball games coming up wont make them any better
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Can't remember any work being done in Fr Healy in my lifetime...thats a long time  :-\.......stand to be corrected
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on April 09, 2018, 12:12:58 PM
Can't remember any work being done in Fr Healy in my lifetime...thats a long time  :-\.......stand to be corrected

You'd have hurled senior on the old pitch before the new one surely  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Great to see our reserves getting a win in LG
The senior match was effected by the rain. Thought decky smith put in a shift for a rookie
How much injury time was played. Think mark needs to get that watch calibrated  >:(
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 09, 2018, 12:24:22 PM
Great to see our reserves getting a win in LG
The senior match was effected by the rain. Thought decky smith put in a shift for a rookie
How much injury time was played. Think mark needs to get that watch calibrated  >:(

Many injuries?

Na Glinntí Glasa

a few knocks on either team but none that were too long in terms of stoppage.

He frustrated both sides to be fair but the penalty call was very soft. a shirt pull off the ball and it merited a penalty. both sides were standing bemused as to what was going on and so were the supporters.
hurl like f**k boi!

Jesusjones

Watched Loughgiel v Dunloy and enjoyed a good game. I think Dunloy looked sharp. They got the scores a bit handier than Loughgiel and might have won by more on a dry pitch. They are ahead of the rest at the minute.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jesusjones on April 10, 2018, 01:30:56 PM
Watched Loughgiel v Dunloy and enjoyed a good game. I think Dunloy looked sharp. They got the scores a bit handier than Loughgiel and might have won by more on a dry pitch. They are ahead of the rest at the minute.

Christ 3 games in and the cute hoorism has been taken up a notch  ;D

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Jesusjones on April 10, 2018, 01:30:56 PM

i didnt think we played as well as we could have to be fair. Still a long way to go to be up to Cdalls standard
hurl like f**k boi!

Jesusjones

Hahahaha If you are the county champions you are the team to beat. The pressure getting to you already?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Jesusjones on April 11, 2018, 01:00:50 PM
Hahahaha If you are the county champions you are the team to beat. The pressure getting to you already?

;D lol sure we were beat a few weeks ago, were in bother lol
hurl like f**k boi!

johnnycool

What's the story with Antrim U17's in the Celtic Challenge?

Is this a development squad with the bigger effort going into the Leinster championship at U18?