NFL Division 2 - 2020

Started by Captain Obvious, January 10, 2020, 05:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Is the Armagh game available on Gaago or online anywhere on Saturday??

illdecide

It's classic listening to Armagh fans...we all know the craic. 10pts up with 5 mins to go doesn't guarantee us victory, last min goals and controversy are never far away with us and always a sad story at the end :). Hopefully 2pts on Sat will do us rightly...C'mon Armagh
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Rudi

The Armagh county board fed the Roscommon team in the stands of the Athletic grounds last Saturday evening, before they travelled home in 2 buses and numerous cars. The previous week the guards broke up their meal after the challenge game in Sligo V Donegal.
Fair play to the Armagh county board.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rudi on October 21, 2020, 02:18:42 PM
The Armagh county board fed the Roscommon team in the stands of the Athletic grounds last Saturday evening, before they travelled home in 2 buses and numerous cars. The previous week the guards broke up their meal after the challenge game in Sligo V Donegal.
Fair play to the Armagh county board.

It's within the government guidelines that Inter County teams can grab a bite to eat after matches.

Rossfan

Just for the record
The Ros team ate a post match meal (Chicken Curry with rice and side salad I believe) at socially distanced tables in a big hall that can hold hundreds in normal circumstances.
A mixture if local busybodies, anti Gahs, and others got excited on social media about the GAA having a "shindig and revelry" in cobteqvention if the guidelines.
Some of them rang the Guards who called to investigate.
When the meal was over the lads all left.

Then the stupid Roscommon Herald put up an online report which was copied by RTÉ and some rubbish tabloids headed "Gardai called to incident in a premises in Boyle" involving the Ros team.
That gave the false impression of being in a pub that should have been closed and that things got out of hand.

Fair play to Armagh CB by the way.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rudi

Rossies gone from 8/13 favs to 13/8 outsiders to beat Cavan in the last hour, looks like they will be missing a good lot of players. Doesn't look great for the overall shape of the championship.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Rudi on October 21, 2020, 10:28:27 PM
Rossies gone from 8/13 favs to 13/8 outsiders to beat Cavan in the last hour, looks like they will be missing a good lot of players. Doesn't look great for the overall shape of the championship.
Can see why Cavan are suddenly favourites with the reports tonight.

One Roscommon player tested positive for covid and number of other players have to self isolate as deemed as close contacts.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Itchy

Quote from: Blowitupref on October 21, 2020, 10:42:01 PM

One Roscommon player tested positive for covid and number of other players have to self isolate as deemed as close contacts.

Wow, that would be quite a tning

oliverkelly

Quote from: Itchy on October 21, 2020, 11:02:29 PM

a player caught it in college .Travelled on one of the two buses to Armagh last weekend. All on bus which includes 13 players and management to self isolate. One selector didnt travel so I presume he will be in charge come the weekend

Angelo

Quote from: oliverkelly on October 21, 2020, 11:11:34 PM

a player caught it in college .Travelled on one of the two buses to Armagh last weekend. All on bus which includes 13 players and management to self isolate. One selector didnt travel so I presume he will be in charge come the weekend

I thought players were to make their own ways to games rather than by bus?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Itchy

No allowed 20 on bus so you need two buses. Cavan I know went by car to.kildare to avoid the very thing alleged to have happened to Roscommon.

oliverkelly

Yeah two buses and some players drove. Think there was 13 players and a few of the management on the bus with the player who has now tested positive. Few big names self isolating we will be well weakened

Captain Obvious

Quote from: oliverkelly on October 21, 2020, 11:55:10 PM
Yeah two buses and some players drove. Think there was 13 players and a few of the management on the bus with the player who has now tested positive. Few big names self isolating we will be well weakened

Best of luck to that 1 player that got the virus. A lucky break for Cavan as I think they might have been relegated but for this.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: oliverkelly on October 21, 2020, 11:11:34 PM

I know everyone on the bus will be tested as will the entire panel. But if they come back negative will they still be unavailable? I thought the lower numbers on the bus meant social distancing could be put in place which under the guidance would rule you out as a close contact to self isolate? For example when an Irish soccer player tested positive it was only the people on the plane sitting within 2 metres that were deemed close contacts.

Either way it's risky business taking a bus and I'd imagine come championship with the close distances involved teams will try to avoid it which will reduce significantly chances of it being passed among players.