Donegal manager wanted???????

Started by Goldengreen, June 28, 2010, 11:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donegal lad

not before time any1 dat was in croke park last yr and cross on sat will agreee with me

BerfArmagh

Uladh

zoyler

Onion Bag

Martin Mc Hugh, hes a real expert and knows it all about wonning
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

illdecide

F**king Merlin the magician couldn't do anything with them lads and it's not a lack of ability either from the players as they have it in abundance but the drink culture would need to be abandoned and a bit of desire drummed into them.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

swagger

id love to see mc hugh enter the managerial fray again, could be good crack when its him gettin all the shleggin for a change!
riiiiiiiiiite

sammymaguire

what's anthony molloy at this weather?

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

put-it-up

Surely McGuiness will get his chance now? We might let ya's take Tommy Carr for the right money  ;D

imtommygunn

Just like the england football team it ain't the manager to blame it's the players.

There is a lot of ability in Donegal. Their displays in the last few year c'ship have been almost embarassing.

(I like Donegal however some of the current crop need to take a long hard look at themselves)

moysider

I d like to see Nipper O Boyle get it. Seemed to do ok with Eunans? And y'know Mayo managers do ok as long as they re not managing Mayo teams. I d take Máirtín Beag in trade. He would be a dream ticket compared to the usual suspects being lined up here. Mairtín can be a bit too much but has a great passion and knowledge of the game. And he was a winner ultimately. But he was also had a winners demeanour in bad years as a player. He knew what he was doing was right. I cant see him manage Donegal with his son playing. Now would be the right time to manage Mayo if it can be sorted.

donegal lad

Quote from: moysider on June 29, 2010, 12:10:16 AM

I d like to see Nipper O Boyle get it. Seemed to do ok with Eunans? And y'know Mayo managers do ok as long as they re not managing Mayo teams. I d take Máirtín Beag in trade. He would be a dream ticket compared to the usual suspects being lined up here. Mairtín can be a bit too much but has a great passion and knowledge of the game. And he was a winner ultimately. But he was also had a winners demeanour in bad years as a player. He knew what he was doing was right. I cant see him manage Donegal with his son playing. Now would be the right time to manage Mayo if it can be sorted.
cant see o boyle going in for it to be honest i go to college with the man and it seemslike the last thing he would want wee martin wont want the job cant blame him he has it handy at the min sitting in the bbc studio or with highland radio critising the county saying their is no talent in the county coming through even tho we played in an all ireland u21 final this year the talent is in the county just needs to be given its chance and i agree not all blame can go on john joe but he has to accept alot of the blame a few senior members of the panel need to take a long look at themselves

moysider

Quote from: donegal lad on June 29, 2010, 12:21:38 AM
Quote from: moysider on June 29, 2010, 12:10:16 AM

cant see o boyle going in for it to be honest i go to college with the man and it seemslike the last thing he would want wee martin wont want the job cant blame him he has it handy at the min sitting in the bbc studio or with highland radio critising the county saying their is no talent in the county coming through even tho we played in an all ireland u21 final this year the talent is in the county just needs to be given its chance and i agree not all blame can go on john joe but he has to accept alot of the blame a few senior members of the panel need to take a long look at themselves

He s still in college? Wow wish I went to LIT or wherever.He s older than I am and I haven't been in college since before Johnno Mahoney was manager of Mayo the first time. Seriously though Mairtín must be still looking for a fix in football. Has to be. Cant believe yer man would turn down a county job. If I had the cv I wold take your arm off for either of those jobs. 

done and dusted

19 July 2010

Today is the closing date for applicants for the Donegal football manager's position, which was recently vacated by John Joe Doherty.

Doherty called time on his two-year tenure following Donegal's disastrous All-Ireland football qualifier first round exit at the hands of Armagh, but so far only Jim McGuinness - who led the county under 21s to an All-Ireland final appearance in May - has officially declared an interest.

Former Louth boss Paddy Carr, who is of Donegal parentage, is understood to have been approached by a number of senior figures. Meath-based Carr managed Kilmacud Crokes to an All-Ireland club title success last year and was also involved with London champions Tir Chonaill Gaels last year.

Declan Bonner and Charlie Mulgrew, who contested John Joe Doherty's appointment two years ago, aren't believed to be interested in allowing their names to go forward this time.