The Good News Thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, May 13, 2009, 11:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

AZOffaly

Great stuff Omagh Gael. Congrats to both of ye.

Doogie Browser

seafoid

Lads we need more good news. Muppet is up to 188 pages.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on February 28, 2011, 05:57:45 PM
An 11 year old player of the year would be amazing. I hope he grows up to be good at sums like his da.
:D

omagh_gael

An 11 year old player of the year would be amazing. I hope he grows up to be good at sums like his da.

It's amazing what child birth can do to your mental arithmetic ;)

Hitting the sack now after a mad day. Cheers for all the good wishes, I'm going to have plenty of fun over the coming weeks, months and years.

P.S. There is truely nothing as moving and emotional as the birth of your child. I never realised it was possible to experience as many emotions in such a short time as I did today. It really is a miracle.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 28, 2011, 11:58:11 PM

Hitting the sack now after a mad day. Cheers for all the good wishes, I'm going to have plenty of fun over the coming weeks, months and years.

P.S. There is truely nothing as moving and emotional as the birth of your child. I never realised it was possible to experience as many emotions in such a short time as I did today. It really is a miracle.
Remember that when theyre writing on the walls and tramping food into the carpet!

Orior

Congrats Omagh Gael. It is an amazing thing being handed your first child.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 01, 2011, 12:13:55 AM

Remember that when theyre writing on the walls and tramping food into the carpet!

And pissing on you when you're changing their nappies, or putting the sky card into the DVD player, orhat she really telling grannie that "you're not really as old as mummy says you look"!!!

Maith thu Mrs OG to be though, tis a fine thing!  Congrats to both of you.

gerrykeegan

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 01, 2011, 11:15:49 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 01, 2011, 12:13:55 AM

And pissing on you when you're changing their nappies, or putting the sky card into the DVD player, orhat she really telling grannie that "you're not really as old as mummy says you look"!!!

Maith thu Mrs OG to be though, tis a fine thing!  Congrats to both of you.

Congrats OG

You will have tough days ahead of you and do not believe anyone who tells you it gets easier as they grow up, these people are liars. My four year olds asthma kept me up all Saturday night, I finally got to bed at 7.00am and slept for 2 hours, dragged myself out of the bed to cook him an omelette as he was poorly, he happily lashed into it, only to start coughing,he turned to me as he started to gag, I reached out cupping my hands together and he puked into them. But those moments will always be surpassed by many many more brighter ones.

Get some sleep.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

The Iceman

Good work OG - congrats.
I don't know if things get easier as they get older. I think you just become immune to it. I don't remember what a full nights sleep feels like. I got 5 hours straight there on Tuesday Night and woke up feeling great. There will be ups and downs but I have never felt more joy in my life.
For me personally i love watching my Da interact with my Son. Great to see the lessons passed down and watch my Da act like a young fella again.
Enjoy every minute
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Dinny Breen

Dinny Jnr was born this morning - a health 8lb 13 and already looking like the future of Kildare football....
#newbridgeornowhere

muppet

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 22, 2011, 03:15:41 PM
Dinny Jnr was born this morning - a health 8lb 13 and already looking like the future of Kildare football....

Congrats Dinny.

We'll see you on here every 3 hours round the clock now for a few weeks.
MWWSI 2017

Shamrock Shore

Congrats Dinny and best regards to Mrs Dinny.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 22, 2011, 03:15:41 PM

Good man Dinny, and Mrs Dinny as well of course. Don't forget you can always head over the border into Edenderry if you want him to be a good Biffo :D

Good to see the auld Rochfortbridge bloodline still going anyhow.

Congrats again/......