The Good News Thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, May 13, 2009, 11:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: muppet on September 10, 2011, 12:23:28 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on September 09, 2011, 06:49:26 PM
It's a girl, 8 pounds 6 and a little bruiser to boot. Came out facing the ceiling so not a sign of difficult days to come I hope. Week early as well, reckon she wanted to be out for the U21 final in Thurles tomorrow but Mrs. Croí is refusing to sign the release form. The little one will have to wait for the Gerry Reilly final next Wednesday to make her debut in the maroon and white babygro. Terrified of leaving her in behind reception.

Congrats, Croí.

Bye bye sleep for the foreseeable future but if there is ever an acceptable reason for being woken during the night, your own flesh and blood is it.

Having said that it might be a good way to see the Rugby World Cup.

Would that not just send him back asleep again?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Croí na hÉireann

As they would say down in Wexford, quare sound lads on here. Home today and settling in well to the sleeping, eating and shitting (as is the young one). She was disappointed to hear the U21's came up short and is doubly psyched up for the U16's on Wednesday.

Hardy, that's the best bit of advice I've heard since I was advised to stay away from the business end.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Dinny Breen

Good man Croí, congrats to all, our escapades at the golf is a good example of what it's like trying to look after the kids in the middle of the night  ;)
#newbridgeornowhere

laoislad

Just found a Double Decker in the press that I forgot was there!

Hashtag

Quote from: laoislad on September 26, 2011, 09:07:29 PM

Let us celebrate this success with the adding of chocolate to milk.

Tony Baloney

Best news I've seen in 13 pages.

Don Johnson

What's the press? If it is the hot press then the double decker will be all melted to shite.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Don Johnson on September 26, 2011, 09:13:01 PM
What's the press? If it is the hot press then the double decker will be all melted to shite.
A Mexican cupboard.

muppet

I once drove a JCB into the garden and went to bed.

The demon drink.
MWWSI 2017

ross4life

A Dutch cyclist who has represented her country at the Paralympics could be set to compete in the able-bodied event after an amazing incident saw her regain the use of her legs.

The Independent reports that Monique van der Vorst was paralysed from the waist down and had been confined to a wheelchair for 13 years.

She won two silver medals at the Paralympics by powering a bike with her hands but last year she was knocked off her bike in a crash.

What could have led to a serious injury actually did the opposite. Van der Vorst started to feel her feet tingle and within months she was able to walk.

Her recovery was so rapid that she started competing on a regular bicycle - then progressed to a point that has seen her earn one of just 11 places in a top women's professional cycling team.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/25112011/58/paralysed-cycling-champ-cured-crash.html
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Puckoon

For all posters in the USA - Father Ted is now on Netflix "watch it now".

This is good news.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

laoislad

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney