Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Boycey on October 25, 2018, 05:12:37 PM
Lads yis are turning this into something I wasnt intending its not a comparison or a competition I was just countering a point that Seanie made that I took to mean Mourinho was a buying manager and the others werent..

But since you asked :)

Zlatan - huge success, pity he rushed back from injury too quick as we could have got more from him (still might  ;))
Mykitryan - poor, gone
Bailly- young for a centre back, too injury prone, has potential
Lindelof- same as above without the injury bit
I'd suspect both were bought to replace 2 of Jones, Smalling, Rojo and be paired with a big name world class centre back who still hasn't arrived..
Pogba - Decent, has certainly improved United's chance creation stats from midfield but in terms of being a World record transfer has a lot of room to improve.
Sanchez - a disaster thus far, is he even Mourinhos signing though?
Lukaku - A level below the very best strikersbut good enough for United currently. Good first season, terrible at present. Suffers from poor service, people have this expectation of him being a Drogba type player but he's not, he's a box striker like an Andy Cole..
Matic - Was very good for a lot of last year, tailed off and I don't think playing in the World Cup helped, poor this season.
Fred - worrying I suppose that he's not in United team but a bit like Fabinho could be taking time to settle in England. To early to say.
Dalot-19 and recovering from surgery definitely one for the future couldn't possibly grade him..
[/b]
rofl  ;D ;D ;D

Boycey

Good point, well made..

Boycey

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-jose-mourinho-gesture-15337749

Had these boys not suffered enough (I might as well say it before some other wit does)  :)

snoopdog

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on October 26, 2018, 11:09:02 AM
There are different transfer strategies at work. Liverpool's model targets younger promising players who should recoup a decent transfer value if they move on. Every 4 or 5 years they might come to the boil and have a decent heave at winning a title.

For the last 5 years United have probably felt they were a magic bullet signing away from winning the league again. It worked in the past with Cantona and Van Persie. Hence the short termism recruitment of star names like Falcao, Schweinsteiger, Ibrahimovic and Sanchez, whose best days were behind them as it turned out.
Zlatan scored 28 goals. And reported to be coming back. He is much better than the donkey 12 years his junior. Falcao took a long time to get over a very bad injury, he is doing ok now though. Bastian was finished yes and Sanchez has done nothing bar 2 games that i can think of cup semi and against a terrible newcastle team.

screenexile

Quote from: Boycey on October 27, 2018, 05:39:57 PM
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-jose-mourinho-gesture-15337749

Had these boys not suffered enough (I might as well say it before some other wit does)  :)

The Wild Boars meet the wild bores!!!

stolen obviously

J70

GJL

Pogba is so frustrating. Scores a goal sets up another and then is the cause of a goal by acting the dick in midfield. Lindilof very good again after a good performance in midweek. Martial proves the doubters wrong again. 

Boycey

Cunny Funt

Quote from: GJL on October 28, 2018, 06:08:57 PM
Pogba is so frustrating. Scores a goal sets up another and then is the cause of a goal by acting the dick in midfield. Lindilof very good again after a good performance in midweek. Martial proves the doubters wrong again.
Nerves coming out of Lindelofs play he is finally looking like a decent defender now. The quality of Martial should never be in doubt he just needs to be more consistent. Soft enough penalty got United on their way today but a deserved win and should have won by more as Pickford had much more to do than DeGea.

stiffler

Smalling fortunate to avoid 2nd yellow for the penalty misdemeanour, however Utd showed resolve to hold on for the win.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: GJL on October 28, 2018, 06:08:57 PM

His manager you mean?

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

manfromdelmonte

Referee gifted that game to United today

Hope martial is done retrospectively for diving.

Over the Bar

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on October 28, 2018, 09:19:47 PM
Referee gifted that game to United today

Hope martial is done retrospectively for diving.
Twat post of the season contender..

manfromdelmonte

Where is the video referee in the premier league?
It was a clear dive.
Gana got a touch on ball, Martial kept going saw the ball was heading away and dived
Why wasn't smalling given 2nd yellow card for Everton peno?