Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: Glentaisie on September 10, 2017, 08:47:40 PM
Interesting final  not a "traditional" rivalry.  How often have they met?  Can remember 1 time the Dall beating Dunloy in a final but that's maybe 20 years ago?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antrim_Senior_Hurling_Championship

Looks like only one final - 99. Not far off 20 years.

Edit - 2009 too.

Glentaisie

good link

so  as far as I can see 3 meetings

2009  Dunloy win
2002 Dunloy win
!999 Dall win

Dall have it all to do!

NAG1

Quote from: Glentaisie on September 10, 2017, 09:02:23 PM
good link

2009  Dunloy win
2002 Dunloy win
!999 Dall win

Dall have it all to do!

So going by your track record of predictions.....

Glentaisie

Quote from: NAG1 on September 10, 2017, 09:04:04 PM
Quote from: Glentaisie on September 10, 2017, 09:02:23 PM
good link

2009  Dunloy win
2002 Dunloy win
!999 Dall win

Dall have it all to do!

So going by your track record of predictions.....

hmmmmmm  OK I'll take that lol

imtommygunn

Dall still favourites with more experience but, despite what skull may say ;), a dunloy win wouldn't be a surprise.

I would say dunloy are outsiders for this in the same way cushendall were in 99 so you just wouldn't know.

Dall any time i have seen them last few years always struggle with nigel elliot's direct running too.

podge

I thought Cdall looked pretty sharp today- their backs in particular did very little wrong with Ryan mcCambridge, SD, Graffin and Kearney all prominent.  Up front they just weren't as sharp and were very reliant on Mcgill and McManus.  Looking back it's hard to understand how they only won by a point as they were on top most of the game.

Final hard to call. That bit more experience could make the difference

theskull1

Cushendall will take heart from Championship performances against us in recent years and will be going into this game with reputations intact. Wounded animals they are not. We'll have to go at this game with 100% conviction if we're to get the right side of them.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Strange game in that the Dall had better touch for most parts, dominance, intensity and looked like winning but could not shake Loughgiel at all! The weather probably suited the more physical team.

Loughgiel needed that goal in the first half with the wind to win the game, it never came nor looked like coming... dogged Cushendall defence, I think if Cushendall had two pacy forwards they'd be a big force... fair play Loughgiel who didn't play that well but used all their experience to keep in touch till the final seconds..

Anyone's final
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ciaran1988

Carey took some beating from St Johns and get relegated after Randlestown's comeback against Armoy. Was anyone at the St Johns v Carey game? Did they rest players for next week? Taking a beating like that just before championship final surely can't be good for them. Sarsfields maybe favourites going into it.

hurlingstick

Quote from: ciaran1988 on September 10, 2017, 11:59:29 PM
Carey took some beating from St Johns and get relegated after Randlestown's comeback against Armoy. Was anyone at the St Johns v Carey game? Did they rest players for next week? Taking a beating like that just before championship final surely can't be good for them. Sarsfields maybe favourites going into it.

There was a 6 minute delay at the very end of the Armoy game while the referee decided if a shot was wide or a point. After ignoring advice to go with the near umpire and stating himself that "my instinct was it was wide" he in very peculiar circumstances gave a point. This was one of 3 bizarre incidents from him in the last 4 minutes. If I were a Carey member I'd be absolutely furious.....it relegated them after Armoy leading the entire game......I've never seen anything like it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hurlingstick on September 11, 2017, 06:31:25 AM
Quote from: ciaran1988 on September 10, 2017, 11:59:29 PM

There was a 6 minute delay at the very end of the Armoy game while the referee decided if a shot was wide or a point. After ignoring advice to go with the near umpire and stating himself that "my instinct was it was wide" he in very peculiar circumstances gave a point. This was one of 3 bizarre incidents from him in the last 4 minutes. If I were a Carey member I'd be absolutely furious.....it relegated them after Armoy leading the entire game......I've never seen anything like it.

Surely how you perform over the season decides whether out not you are relegated? Didn't realise that the last game is winner takes all.. why play all those games? Just play one
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I dunno about you but i'd feel a bit hard done by if I was told I was in a relegation play off before any games were played ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 11, 2017, 08:39:32 AM
I dunno about you but i'd feel a bit hard done by if I was told I was in a relegation play off before any games were played ;D

I just find those posts daft! the league was won and lost over all the games not the last one, if you've played yourself into that position then that's that.. Looking at the result of that game there was 3 points in it, so did that 'point' make a difference after all? also their head to head with Armoy also sealed their fate

saffron123

Terrible conditions yesterday but Cushendall deserved the win. Couldnt believe Loughgiel allowed Eoghan Campbell to sit back in front of the full back line with no1 marking him. he cleared serious ball and thats were they got most of their scores from. should have been pushing up on him especially in the last 10/15 minutes! McGill very accurate with ball in hand, him and McManus both hit some big scores in the second half.

paddyjohn

Quote from: saffron123 on September 11, 2017, 09:34:18 AM
Terrible conditions yesterday but Cushendall deserved the win. Couldnt believe Loughgiel allowed Eoghan Campbell to sit back in front of the full back line with no1 marking him. he cleared serious ball and thats were they got most of their scores from. should have been pushing up on him especially in the last 10/15 minutes! McGill very accurate with ball in hand, him and McManus both hit some big scores in the second half.

McGill was very good yesterday, won alot of dirty ball. David Kearney was my MOTM, he was superb!  Thought Skinny was good yesterday, kept a tight lid on it although there wasn't a dirty stroke. That point that was flagged wide could of came back to bite him!