Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mcquillans man

Well I'm a member of the club and haven't heard half of that stuff . All I'm for saying is you seem to know a lot about the running of the club . Aw well the best of luck to our senior hurlers this weekend . I have no doubt if saul is playing and ciaran Clarke , Neil and Matthew and kevin barry play well we will win . Good luck

Stillwater2

MR2...that was a bit of a shock last night, your hurlers getting beat by the Paddies?...you at it?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Stillwater2 on August 24, 2017, 11:32:35 AM
MR2...that was a bit of a shock last night, your hurlers getting beat by the Paddies?...you at it?

You think it was a shock? Sarsfields have a team of players that have been playing together for the best part of 10/15 years from juvenile right up, they've had a poor run of form in the championships of late but someone was going to get beat by them and last night it was us, we had one scorer and it was all but one from frees... we've not had any real form in the league while Sarsfields have built up a winning mentality...

Now in saying that we should have levelled the game at the death with that goal opportunity.. one of our best players was missing (Stewart) and we didn't help ourselves on the night for various reasons that I wont get into as i'm not one to blast anyone who in our club puts the effort in by giving up their time to training games managing and all the other stuff that I know goes on with taking a team, unlike our friends up in Ballycastle

So I'd like to wish all the rest of the teams left in the competition the very best and hopefully represent Antrim in Ulster and beyond
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 24, 2017, 11:49:47 AM
Quote from: Stillwater2 on August 24, 2017, 11:32:35 AM

You think it was a shock? Sarsfields have a team of players that have been playing together for the best part of 10/15 years from juvenile right up, they've had a poor run of form in the championships of late but someone was going to get beat by them and last night it was us, we had one scorer and it was all but one from frees... we've not had any real form in the league while Sarsfields have built up a winning mentality...

Now in saying that we should have levelled the game at the death with that goal opportunity.. one of our best players was missing (Stewart) and we didn't help ourselves on the night for various reasons that I wont get into as i'm not one to blast anyone who in our club puts the effort in by giving up their time to training games managing and all the other stuff that I know goes on with taking a team, unlike our friends up in Ballycastle

So I'd like to wish all the rest of the teams left in the competition the very best and hopefully represent Antrim in Ulster and beyond

You can be a d**k at times but as honest a post as there has been aslong time.

I don't know what the Ballycastle posters are on but I think the way they are behaving on this forum is a disgrace. Did they not have a banner a few years ago saying "Death before Dishonor"..

A

breakingball

Don't think anyone who is clued into hurling at intermediate level will have found last nights result much of a surprise.  There's nothing really between all the intermediate sides (division 2 without st johns and portaferry and the top 4 in division 3).

Glentaisie

If anybody thinks that THINGSTHATNEEDSAID is a Ballycastle man I'd think they're badly mistaken.

"Death before dishonour"?  The honourable thing to have done would have been to stick with and support the man who put his hand up when nobody else was interested.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Glentaisie on August 24, 2017, 04:03:36 PM
If anybody thinks that THINGSTHATNEEDSAID is a Ballycastle man I'd think they're badly mistaken.

"Death before dishonour"?  The honourable thing to have done would have been to stick with and support the man who put his hand up when nobody else was interested.

Don't know the ins and outs and to to be honest, I'm not caring but I agree with your last sentence.

Usain

Quote from: Leyland on August 23, 2017, 11:16:37 PM
Quote from: THINGSTHATNEEDSAID on August 23, 2017, 10:42:15 PM
Quote from: Mcquillans man on August 23, 2017, 10:17:07 PM
Are you from the town because you seem to know a lot more that's going on than most of the members of the club by the sounds of it .
i know plenty.   and you can't argue with any of it.  31 years since we won a county title at senior level. some of the talent that passed those gates.  and a lad that blew in from Carey can call the shots on a manager who would have died for our club getting the boot!!!   maybe if he put as much effort in on the field as he did hanging humpy we wouldn't be in this shape.  Going back to Saul, best thing to happen would he leave him at the football.  holding the club to ransom with his careless attitude.   bring back nander pinky and the boys with a bit of heart to take the team rather than that skitter from dunloy and a lad who couldn't hurl spuds to ducks

Incredible crap from you. I've been critical of club on here but your stuff is slanderous and dangerous. All your posts previous to this debate were slanderous also. Please keep your "pub talk" to your pub and let the lads focus on this weekend. We have had a disaster of a season but still think we won't be far away on Saturday. Saul will be there. He will play a part. Neal who has been a stalwart will also play. He does need a big game but he rarely lets down in championship.

Good luck to everyone this weekend

100% Leyland. I been very critical also but just frustrated. I still believe the town will come through against Rossa. They have reached the bottom, only way is up. Itll be a tight game but fancy town by 2/3 points. Good luck to all involved I'm looking forward to seeing a big performance from them.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Dunloy v St Johns now 5pm on sunday in Cushendall

Pitch was capable of taking two games on sunday
hurl like f**k boi!

Megaman

Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 25, 2017, 10:21:05 AM

Loughgiel? i would doubt it, i was on it last Saturday and it was in bad shape then.

NAG1

Quote from: Megaman on August 25, 2017, 11:10:22 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 25, 2017, 10:21:05 AM

Loughgiel? i would doubt it, i was on it last Saturday and it was in bad shape then.

It has been on the slide now for about 6/8 years. Not the pitch is was before then or even close.

Na Glinntí Glasa

sorry should of said their pitch wasnt capable of taking two games.

I was on their pitch twice last week and it was getting into bad shape even then. A lot of bare patches starting. they had stuff down on it to try and get it growing again i assume but that rain there this week has just ruined it now.

our pitch has been closed all week to keep it in a shape for the two games on sat night.

hurl like f**k boi!

breakingball

Matches called off at o donnells, randalstown, st brigids tonight due to waterlog, probably others too. St pauls v gort moved to the 4g at woodlands apparently. 🙈🙈🙈

Jesusjones

Ht Ballycastle 0-8 Rossa 1-5. Brutal stuff

imtommygunn

Last minute penalty by ballycastle to win it.