Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Started by Dinny Breen, June 21, 2016, 10:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: ballinaman on August 17, 2017, 06:25:36 PM
The fall into the water escape route used in the last 2 episodes...expect something a bit better!

All the waiting around was a bit much too. It was a decent episode but not a patch on the Battle of the Bástards which was a perfect mixture of stakes, story and smartly shot action. Half the time I didn't even know who the undead were even attacking this week, it was a bit of a muddy mess.

Mike Tyson

Quote from: gallsman on August 17, 2017, 05:23:51 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on August 17, 2017, 03:34:50 PM
Quote from: leenie on August 17, 2017, 11:06:23 AM
Quote from: screenexile on August 16, 2017, 11:29:32 PM
Ah Johnny no spoilers lad!!

PS. f**k me that was awesome!

In fairness this Is a spoilers thread ???

No real spoiler just puts an end to tyrion being some sort of targaryen in order to fly the third dragon - which was quite a widespread theory

Puts an end to him riding one, not to him being a Targaryen.

Think I read somewhere that Tyrion being a Targaryen isn't as plausible as first though. As the whole theory rests of the Mad King having his way with Tywins wife on his wedding night, would it not be Jamie and Cersei who are Targaryen as they're older? And both have fair hair and incestual which was a trait of Targaryens.

gallsman

The whole theory doesn't rest on the wedding night at all. Tyrion has physical features that are associated with the Targaryen family, such as his hair and eye colour. He also frequently dreams of and has a fascination with dragons.

Good argument can be made for Cersei/Jaime being Targs too.

nrico2006

Quote from: ballinaman on August 17, 2017, 03:07:43 PM
Who was the chap who fell off the edge and got ripped to shreds after he stopped Jon Snow falling over. Duine Eile good guy?

Rewinded that myself, was very hard to make out who was who.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 18, 2017, 10:11:36 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on August 17, 2017, 03:07:43 PM
Who was the chap who fell off the edge and got ripped to shreds after he stopped Jon Snow falling over. Duine Eile good guy?

Rewinded that myself, was very hard to make out who was who.

Basically the lads who kept their hoods up were cannon fodder AN Other.

Ethan Tremblay

Gave in and watched the latest episode last night, very good. 

My only irk with this season is with the lack of episodes this season travel times in the show are suiting the writer's needs more than ever.  Gendry running back to the wall getting a raven sent off and the rescue all seemed to happen rather quickly.  Would be better if they had their usual 10 episode run and spread things out more. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Syferus

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on August 18, 2017, 12:47:01 PM

My only irk with this season is with the lack of episodes this season travel times in the show are suiting the writer's needs more than ever.  Gendry running back to the wall getting a raven sent off and the rescue all seemed to happen rather quickly.  Would be better if they had their usual 10 episode run and spread things out more.

Honestly, I was sick of all the long winded travel seven seasons in. It finally feels like a show moving at its own pace rather than something fervently attached to the pacing choices of a single novelist. Even a show like Breaking Bad started moving at breakneck speed when it approached the end.

nrico2006

Quote from: Syferus on August 18, 2017, 01:56:43 PM

Honestly, I was sick of all the long winded travel seven seasons in. It finally feels like a show moving at its own pace rather than something fervently attached to the pacing choices of a single novelist. Even a show like Breaking Bad started moving at breakneck speed when it approached the end.

I'm glad too.  No more waiting for 2 or 3 episodes to see a character again once they are to travel to another part of the kingdom.  I wonder why Gendry is back, has to be a reason.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

CiKe

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 18, 2017, 02:15:34 PM

I'm glad too.  No more waiting for 2 or 3 episodes to see a character again once they are to travel to another part of the kingdom.  I wonder why Gendry is back, has to be a reason.

The conversation with Beric got me thinking, "the shield that defends the realms of men" etc.

What chance Jon Snow doesn't make it.and just dies a hero? Targaryen and Baratheon (even if he is a bastard) to unite a divided land?

Is Ice and Fire about just him because he is Stark and Targaryen or Dany and him?

Syferus

Quote from: CiKe on August 18, 2017, 02:33:02 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 18, 2017, 02:15:34 PM

The conversation with Beric got me thinking, "the shield that defends the realms of men" etc.

What chance Jon Snow doesn't make it.and just dies a hero? Targaryen and Baratheon (even if he is a b**tard) to unite a divided land?

Is Ice and Fire about just him because he is Stark and Targaryen or Dany and him?

I will be severely disappointed if Jon dies again. He still hasn't learnt his lessons, both his own and the errors Nedd and Rob committed by being too honourable and sentimental. Hell, Sansa is starting to plot again him and he hasn't even bothered to send her a raven to keep her up to date, he's committing the same errors in judgement his family have since day one.

Him not running out after Rickon in the Battle of the Bâstards last season was a great opportunity to show a bit of growth. He needs to be more than another heroic dead Stark. They've invested so much in the character killing him off without that growth will cheapen so much of what has went before.

The happy ending would be Dany and Jon together beating the White Walkers and uniting Westeros as King and Queen. But this show has thaught you not to want nice things, even though Jon and Dany have blantantly been the two characters who would never die before the final book/season. The two main characters in Game of Thrones are Dany and Jon, whatever about the books.

johnneycool

Is this night King a Targaryen or how will he control his new blue eyed dragon?

screenexile

Quote from: johnneycool on August 21, 2017, 09:18:51 AM

Is it not that he can control anyone he has brought back to life?

johnneycool

Quote from: screenexile on August 21, 2017, 10:19:44 AM

True, True.

Syferus

Quote from: johnneycool on August 21, 2017, 10:26:42 AM

True, True.

I want to know if Bran can control anything too, because the Night King seemed very keen to kill the Three-Eyed Raven.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Syferus on August 21, 2017, 01:12:28 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on August 21, 2017, 10:26:42 AM

True, True.

I want to know if Bran can control anything too, because the Night King seemed very keen to kill the Three-Eyed Raven.

Is one of the theories not that Three-Eyed Raven and the night king are one and the same?   That there is a connection between them?