The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

Quote from: whiskeysteve on December 12, 2008, 04:07:57 AM
sur thon ufc's alll a load of half naked men rastling around on the ground tryin 2 get a hould of the other man s arse

2 minutes and one broken arm later and you'd be a believer shiskeysteve
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 12, 2008, 01:15:20 AM
horrible leg break last night

I'll post the link to the picture

********************do not look if you are squeamish*******************************

http://i34.tinypic.com/24275ao.jpg

Nasty. I actually thought it was a photoshop at first but it's very real unfortunately.

That was on the show the last night wasn't it? A fighter nearly had his arm ripped off as well on that show when he didn't tap when caught in an armbar. It was bent horribly in the wrong direction and the ref had to stop it as your man wasn't tapping.

Gabriel_Hurl

it was on the event - but it wasn't shown on TV

and yes another fighter had his arm snapped when in an armbar

The Iceman

hassaan was stupid for not tapping  - cantwell though was a bit of a p***k afterwards - boasting about breaking someone's arms. Pay some respect at least.
It was a good enough card with some exciting fights.  Saunders was very impressive with his Thai clinch and use of the knees, KOS's knockout was excellent and Nate Loughran showed great heart to take and win the fight on short notice with a lot of weight to cut.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

glens73

Quote from: whiskeysteve on December 12, 2008, 04:07:57 AM
sur thon ufc's alll a load of half naked men rastling around on the ground tryin 2 get a hould of the other man s arse

Maybe you're right - there's an ad at the bottom of this thread for gay ebony dating - are they that desperate for ad revenue? - How many gay black irishmen can there be?

Obviously, you're not right. MMA is a very disciplined sport with UFC having some very competitive fights where unbeaten records don't last long and generally a lot of fights are 50/50 apart from where Anderson Silva is concerned.

mattockranger

Did anyone catch fedor's KO last night on Bravo

affliction day of reckoning!!

Awesome!!
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

The Iceman

didn't know what happened to AA at first but he was well caught.
If he had stuck to the boxing he might have won the fight - he was doing well before he tried the flying knee

full back

When I watched it the first time I didnt see the punch
Had to watch the replays - tasty punch

The Corporal

Was on Youtube last night and saw the whole (36 secs) Fedor v Tim Sylvia fight. He was the UFC heavyweight champ for a while and Fedor choked him out in 36 secs, what an animal. Would love to see Fedor v Lesnar!

glens73

Some performance by GSP against BJ Penn. GSP is awesome and the way he keeps improving each fight is phenomenal, totally dominated Penn, who is possily the most naturally gifted fighter in MMA.

Medic

what about lyoto machida "the new ufc light heavyweight champion". is he now the new bruce lee?:o

really didn't expect the fight to end that easy but apparently if you take up karate you can kick the sh1t out of anybody :D
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

whiskeysteve

Where can u see highlights?
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Gabriel_Hurl

So can anyone stop GSP and/or Lesnar?  :D

The Iceman

I can't see anyone from the current pool of HW's even coming close to threatening Lesnar
GSP against Mike Swick is the only real fight out there at WW for GSP though I suspect he will take some time to pack on muscle and move up to MW.  I wouldn't want GSP to face Silva to soon though - feed him some guys first until he is comfortable at the weight and then lets see....

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016