All Ireland Football Final 2017 Mayo V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, August 27, 2017, 07:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveballaghback

So 11 or 12 of the Dublin panel of 26 have so called real jobs with a few students trown in, what about the rest ? A professional Dublin team to win today and the amateur gaa headquarters will stick their head in the sand.

bucko

Here it is. All form and logic says a Dublin win, but the heart really railing against this, more so than other years. We really have to get it all right, on the sideline and the pitch, no room for errors or for non performers. Do all that and get a little bit of luck, after a tight match with hunger to decide it, Mayo by two. Safe travels to all supporters.

thejuice

Paddy Power have a draw at 9/1. Definitely worth a go I think.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Wildweasel74

Alot giving out about Dublin been a professional team, sure through in the towel before the game starts, i like to see Mayo's expenditure for the year, am sure its not too far behind Dublin

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 17, 2017, 12:10:31 PM
Alot giving out about Dublin been a professional team, sure through in the towel before the game starts, i like to see Mayo's expenditure for the year, am sure its not too far behind Dublin
According to the Mayo sec's report last year, Mayo spent well over a million in team expenses. But that included all teams, underage and ladies, U21s, minors etc.
Going by some Dub poster on a previous, similar thread, Dublin spent over a million on the senior GAA team.
Both figures seem credible to me.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 17, 2017, 01:00:06 PM
According to the Mayo sec's report last year, Mayo spent well over a million in team expenses. But that included all teams, underage and ladies, U21s, minors etc.
Going by some Dub poster on a previous, similar thread, Dublin spent over a million on the senior GAA team.

Can we not just enjoy the prospect of the game and stop the bitching? I'm off to Croker.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

GaillimhIarthair

Best of luck to our neighbours - travel safe everyone.

Syferus

Travel expenses for a Connacht team would be far higher than Dublin's too - which makes you wonder how big the gap in what's being spent on preparation between #1 and #2 is, let alone other supposedly competive teams in the top two divisions.

Talent wins games. Money wins championships.

tonto1888

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 17, 2017, 01:50:10 AM
Quote from: TheGreatest on September 16, 2017, 11:24:50 PM
Quote from: under the bar on September 16, 2017, 11:08:36 PM
Virtual professionals of Dublin v Amateurs of Mayo is hardly a level playing field but let's hope the real Gaels can give it a rattle!

Myth exposed.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.sportsjoe.ie/amp/gaa/dublin-players-day-jobs-like-counties-heres-proof-136986

Dublin players and management are very much GAA people and true Gaels. They should be applauded and not insulted by ignorance.

But it will come down to footballing ability and Dublin have the better players and know how, Dubs to win by more than 1 this time, but best of luck to Mayo, I wouldn't begrudge if ye won it.

I'd say a lot of those Dublin players are employed in those jobs in the same way mobsters were on the payroll of sanitation companies during the Mafia's height in America.
Would ye aye?

tonto1888

Quote from: giveballaghback on September 17, 2017, 10:57:07 AM
So 11 or 12 of the Dublin panel of 26 have so called real jobs with a few students trown in, what about the rest ? A professional Dublin team to win today and the amateur gaa headquarters will stick their head in the sand.

Similar to most panels. Are you going to post the Mayo professions

Lar Naparka

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 17, 2017, 01:04:09 PM

Can we not just enjoy the prospect of the game and stop the bitching? I'm off to Croker.

??? ;D
I am  certainly not bitching about anything. Why don't you read the post I was replying ?
Yes, it is time to forget about slagging and pseudo insults and the likes. I just hope we have a memorable game, played in the right spirit and free from rancour and bitchiness.
AS always, I hope nobody feels insulted about anything i have written about this game. A b it of a row helps me to pass the time and I don't take anything I said or I received in reply very seriously.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on September 17, 2017, 01:17:48 PM

Travel expenses for a Connacht team would be far higher than Dublin's too - which makes you wonder how big the gap in what's being spent on preparation between #1 and #2 is, let alone other supposedly competive teams in the top two divisions.

Talent wins games. Money wins championships.
When did the Dubs hurlers last win the hurling Syf?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

They've gone from losing to Antrim/Laois for decades to winning a League and a Leinster......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Captain Obvious

omagh_gael

Dermot not wearing his team gear, throwing the toys out of the pram?