emerging talent in 2007

Started by gaafan123, December 03, 2006, 12:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaafan123

any ideas as to who wil be regarded as the bright new talent in your respective counties for the '07 season?

Redhandfan

Tyrone: Justin McMahon, Colm Cavanagh and Raymond Mulgrew.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Take Your Points on December 03, 2006, 12:58:07 PM
Tony Kernan, see him today on TG4 as Cross go for another Ulster title.
I doubt it typ.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

mjg

Gnevin

Isnt this like the 3 one of these we've had? If i'm wrong i do apologise
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Take Your Points on December 04, 2006, 07:34:39 PM
If emerging talent means breaking into a county squad or team then Tony Kernan or Paul Kernan.  The latest members of the Kernan household to get Ulster Championship medals.  Just wee Ross left to make it!
Fair enough I thought the topic starter meant real talent rather than breaking on to the county team because of who your daddy is.

armaghniac

In fairness, Pint, Paul Kernan played well against Ballinderry, the Irish News had him as MOM. Such a performance in the Ulster club final suggests promise, whoever your father is!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

pintsofguinness

Quote from: armaghniac on December 04, 2006, 07:45:58 PM
In fairness, Pint, Paul Kernan played well against Ballinderry, the Irish News had him as MOM. Such a performance in the Ulster club final suggests promise, whoever your father is!
A lot of ones said John Donaldson was man of the match, would you want him in a county jersey?

armaghniac

QuoteA lot of ones said John Donaldson was man of the match, would you want him in a county jersey?

John Donaldson is 33 (or thereabouts), hardly a prospect for the future. Paul Kernan is a prospect because he played well and should be capable of further improvement. Of course his achievements are unlikely to escape the notice of Armagh management, but that doesn't mean he isn't a prospect!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Mid Mon

Dessie Mones re-involvment with Monaghan will be a huge boost, he has been outstanding for Clontibret all year, Also Castleblayney Faughs' Ciaran Hanratty will be one to watch.

brokencrossbar1

I know your love of all things Kernan knows no bounds but Paul is definitely a potential.  He played a significant role in the minor team that beat Down a few years ago and will only get better as he is playing weekly with good players.  Maybe not this year but in the next few years he should make the breakthrough.  If Tony can stay free of injury he will also be a contender.  Also in Cross Brendan(Skinny) McKeown is pushing hard.  He is 23/24 and is very well thought of.  He would have been more regular in the Cross team over the last few years but for his fouling.  He seems to have curbed that and if coached right could be a very good player.

Whatever happened to the Granemore minors from the last few years?  I think there was a lad called McClelland was a good player?

Imposerous

David McKenna od Cross.  Is it too early for him to be considered for the County seniors?

trueblue

jaysus give the lads a chance to establish themselves for cross seniors before yas start talking of taking them onto the armagh senior panel. paul kernan has only started the last 3 games in the championship and mc kennas game sun was his first start in ulster so let them have a chance to get established with their senior club team before ther pushed onto any armagh panel

they are all great prospects but that is all they are at the minute so let them play senior club football for 2 or 3 years and take it from ther

Kerry Mike

Sorry for butting in, but Paddy Curran and Tommy Walsh and maybe David Moran from the Kerry minors this year will be closely watched over the next few seasons to see if they can build on their potential.

Now back to the Kernan thread....
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

trueblue

Now back to the Kernan thread....

thanks kerry mike  ;)