Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insane Bolt

The decision by the medical professionals hasn't been taken lightly, and yes as a parent you would do anything for your child. For anyone who has been faced with the decision to turn off life support it is very difficult but in my own experience we made our decision based on the medical evidence and what was best for our family member. Had he survived he may have been able to communicate by fluttering his eyelids, and for me that is not living.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Insane Bolt on April 24, 2018, 08:47:27 PM
The decision by the medical professionals hasn't been taken lightly, and yes as a parent you would do anything for your child. For anyone who has been faced with the decision to turn off life support it is very difficult but in my own experience we made our decision based on the medical evidence and what was best for our family member. Had he survived he may have been able to communicate by fluttering his eyelids, and for me that is not living.

No one takes it lightly, but it's a private decision.. this malarkey is not making it better
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Iceman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 24, 2018, 08:49:15 PM

No one takes it lightly, but it's a private decision.. this malarkey is not making it better
but MR2 if you agree its a private decision then why are you not siding with the parents- their decision is for alfie to live, to fight, to try....the wee lad was breathing unassisted for 13 hours in the last 24.
I get it you don't like the whole circus that has sprung up and I agree with you there but if you want your child to live and he has a chance and has proven he is a fighter would you not support the parents?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

armaghniac

Quote from: The Iceman on April 24, 2018, 09:42:42 PM

but MR2 if you agree its a private decision then why are you not siding with the parents- their decision is for alfie to live, to fight, to try....the wee lad was breathing unassisted for 13 hours in the last 24.
I get it you don't like the whole circus that has sprung up and I agree with you there but if you want your child to live and he has a chance and has proven he is a fighter would you not support the parents?

I see the issue here, but there may not be an unlimited number of life support machines, keeping one in use may mean that some other kid does not get a chance.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

The Iceman

Quote from: armaghniac on April 24, 2018, 09:46:33 PM

I see the issue here, but there may not be an unlimited number of life support machines, keeping one in use may mean that some other kid does not get a chance.
then let him be transferred to italy where they have one? the judge ruled against it today and said no....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Milltown Row2

Hopefully I won't be in that position and neither have you, I don't really know what chances there are for this child to have quality of life, if you believe (not this case others, from people I know who had similar siblings) that living of various life supporting machines is a benefit then you are right in what you think, me I wouldn't know, I couldn't do it unless ive the full facts, you don't but well you voiced it as have the protesters.. that's my problem with this, not what that family are going through
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

https://m.independent.ie/entertainment/banter/trending/women-are-comparing-their-postbirth-photos-with-kate-middletons-and-its-hilarious-36840827.html

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge welcomed their third child and second son on Monday morning and within two hours Kate's personal stylists and glam squad were spotted entering St Mary's Hospital ahead of the big reveal.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/apr/24/why-there-are-more-gym-supplements-in-a-london-fatberg-than-cocaine-and-mdma

It is thought there are up to 1 million people in the UK who take anabolic steroids and other IPEDs, and a report last year by Public Health Wales found that more than half of users say they take them for aesthetic reasons.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 23, 2018, 09:47:53 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 23, 2018, 09:40:11 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 23, 2018, 08:09:37 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on April 23, 2018, 07:23:57 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 23, 2018, 12:09:04 PM
Watched the video last night - don't know how this one goes down as GBH with intent. More like attempted murder to be honest.

I have just seen the video and it's Definitely not attempted murder. Depending on the injuries it may not even be a GBH although I'd expect at least an attempted GBH. Vile and reprehensible

How is it not attempted murder? Repeated pounding of the head against concrete? That happened at least twice. A couple of hundred punches to the head? Holding her head under the water in a fountain when she tried to escape? Sorry, but that girl would be dead by now if she didn't get away when she did.

Attempted murder is a very difficult crime to convict someone of. It is one is specific intent ie it has to be proven that their absolute intent was to murder the girl. It's quite clear that they wanted to hurt this girl, it's not clear they wanted to kill her therefore it is not attempted murder. There is also
A fair chance that it will be downgraded to actual bodily harm if they injuries are not serious. I don't know what the injuries are but if they are superficial cuts and bruises it ultimately will be ABH.

Essentially in the eyes of the law, the same as a bit of a row outside a chip shop in any town on any sat night then. Your mostly likely right, but that doesn't mean there wasn't a more serious scenario here. You would like to think....and hope that they will get the maximum tariff on whatever it is, they are ultimately charged with.

I see a few stories circulating on facebook that the girl that took the beating in Bangor was part of the gang that gave her the beating.
She's also been accused of dishing out a few beatings herself and allegedly was wearing an ankle tag on that video.

Doesn't excuse what happened, but sometimes things aren't as straight forward as they seem

Taylor

Quote from: johnnycool on April 25, 2018, 09:44:59 AM
Watched the video last night - don't know how this one goes down as GBH with intent. More like attempted murder to be honest.

I have just seen the video and it's Definitely not attempted murder. Depending on the injuries it may not even be a GBH although I'd expect at least an attempted GBH. Vile and reprehensible

How is it not attempted murder? Repeated pounding of the head against concrete? That happened at least twice. A couple of hundred punches to the head? Holding her head under the water in a fountain when she tried to escape? Sorry, but that girl would be dead by now if she didn't get away when she did.

Attempted murder is a very difficult crime to convict someone of. It is one is specific intent ie it has to be proven that their absolute intent was to murder the girl. It's quite clear that they wanted to hurt this girl, it's not clear they wanted to kill her therefore it is not attempted murder. There is also
A fair chance that it will be downgraded to actual bodily harm if they injuries are not serious. I don't know what the injuries are but if they are superficial cuts and bruises it ultimately will be ABH.

Essentially in the eyes of the law, the same as a bit of a row outside a chip shop in any town on any sat night then. Your mostly likely right, but that doesn't mean there wasn't a more serious scenario here. You would like to think....and hope that they will get the maximum tariff on whatever it is, they are ultimately charged with.

I see a few stories circulating on facebook that the girl that took the beating in Bangor was part of the gang that gave her the beating.
She's also been accused of dishing out a few beatings herself and allegedly was wearing an ankle tag on that video.

Doesn't excuse what happened, but sometimes things aren't as straight forward as they seem

And the fund that was set up for her has been pulled with many people taking back the money or gifts.

You couldnt make this shit up.

Milltown Row2

Her give a beating? she didnt look the type that could fight in that video! Yes I would say if she was hanging around with that type she'd be no angel! But that was a horrible beating

general_lee

Saw someone share a post on Facebook yesterday of a girl who claimed to have been beat up by the so called victim. I think that's what's known as karma

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Minder

Quote from: Taylor on April 25, 2018, 09:48:33 AM

And the fund that was set up for her has been pulled with many people taking back the money or gifts.

You couldnt make this shit up.

The Go Fund me stories never cease to amaze me
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Quote from: The Iceman on April 24, 2018, 07:31:24 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 24, 2018, 06:42:12 PM
I find it very sad that you think your rights trump those of the child.

Tell me what you know about this Italian hospital - the treatment they propose to offer, how they plan to give Alfie a "fighting" chance etc Or are you just reacting to some rubbish you've seen online.
how are the parents going against the rights of the child? Does the child not have a right to life? Should the childs oxygen be removed, water be removed? Should he be given sedation to starve and die?
Doctors associations up and down the UK and the rest of the world are standing with the parents.

What do you know thats different from the rest of us? Why should the child die? Would you pull the plug?
If we can't protect the vulnerable then who are we as a society?

Well for one, I know that the hospital in Rome has said they would not be treating Alfie - that have said he is not healable and not curable. They would simply be keeping him alive. So that "fighting chance" you were banging on about was, unsurprisingly, complete bollox.

The child is dying. Let him die with dignity.