Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: Targetman on July 02, 2017, 09:56:16 PM
How'd Michael Conlon do?
Conlon did fine. His Aussie opponent had a reputation as a come-forward fighter, which they were hoping for, but he ended up being very defensive. Conlon was calm, composed, patient. Finally pinned him down in the 3rd, hit him a beaut of a bodyshot, and the ref jumped in fairly early to save the Aussie from getting some real punishment.

Job done. Probably the best of his 3 performances to date.

nrico2006

Quote from: Hound on July 03, 2017, 08:23:57 AM
Quote from: Targetman on July 02, 2017, 09:56:16 PM
How'd Michael Conlon do?
Conlon did fine. His Aussie opponent had a reputation as a come-forward fighter, which they were hoping for, but he ended up being very defensive. Conlon was calm, composed, patient. Finally pinned him down in the 3rd, hit him a beaut of a bodyshot, and the ref jumped in fairly early to save the Aussie from getting some real punishment.

Job done. Probably the best of his 3 performances to date.

Another fight where he will gain experience, seemed a bit naive when the aussie stopped defending himself and instead of fighting on he looked to the ref, which he shouldn't have done.  Good lesson learnt.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

The Gs Man

I had Horn winning it.  Just.

Conlan was impressive.  Thank f**k he didn't come out looking like a Leprechaun again.
Keep 'er lit

square_ball

Josh Taylor several levels above Davies. Very impressive performance.

Walter Cronc

How will the Eubank fight go tonight? Any idea what time it's on. May look for a stream as don't wanna pay £16!!

nrico2006

Probably Eubank on points. Cacace fighting too although I'm wondering if I've missed it. Davies Jr on at the minute.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Eubank very impressive tonight but wasn't able to get the KO... This super series sounds very interesting does anyone know why DeGale isn't in it??

nrico2006

He needs surgery, dunno why the Mexican champion is not in though. Eubank is one that has annoyed me for years, as IMO he has it all but has stalled. Exciting times ahead.

Gabriel_Hurl

Frampton misses weight by 1lb for tomorrow night - fight still going ahead - loses eliminator status though

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 28, 2017, 03:37:07 PM
Frampton misses weight by 1lb for tomorrow night - fight still going ahead - loses eliminator status though

Yeah bad craic, something wrong there... very unprofessional, surely over the last few days they'd have known he was struggling to make weight??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Not good at featherweight. Suggests taking this very lightly or else struggling with the weight, which would be a big worry as he's not big enough for super feather.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on July 28, 2017, 04:11:16 PM
Not good at featherweight. Suggests taking this very lightly or else struggling with the weight, which would be a big worry as he's not big enough for super feather.

Yeah lightly was one view I took on it... been very negative lately about retiring if he didn't win... he'd have been I'd say at least 4 pounds over leading up to this week... he's never had this problem before
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

I'm in London at the minute, there's a full wraparound cover on the main London paper The Evening Standard promoting the fight. I was quite surprised as I didn't Frampton would be a name over here..

Tony Baloney

Interview with McGuigan in today's paper suggested that Frampton had a poor enough start to his training camp and only this past few weeks has shown what he is capable of. McGuigan's talk was very much about Selby and eventually Santa Cruz 3. Can't imagine they'd allow complacency to set in now if they still have a couple of big pay days ahead of them.

square_ball

He's getting a right bit of stick on twitter. But in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really mean too much surely? Unless of course he is genuinely struggling at the weight?