Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnson

Tried to get tickets for the Frampton fight at 12. Was there before they opened, it loaded for about 20 seconds then when I tried for two tickets the only ones available were the £125 ones.

The £44, £55, £85 and £105 tickets all gone.

f**k paying £260 for two tickets to watch him fight some Mexican no mark. The Conlan fight should be a cracker like but still.

nrico2006

Two crap fights in a row arranged for Frampton.  Should be fighting elite fighters at this stage of his career, not Mexican bums.  Seems far too hung up on fighting in NI to be honest.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

lurganblue

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 04, 2017, 03:56:07 PM
Two crap fights in a row arranged for Frampton.  Should be fighting elite fighters at this stage of his career, not Mexican bums.  Seems far too hung up on fighting in NI to be honest.

Have to agree with this

square_ball

This first one with a new set up outside the ring was always going to be a tune up fight against a lesser known name so should be given a pass so to speak on that. 2018 is the biggest year of his career needs tittle fights wherever they may be whether it's Belfast, London or America.

Milltown Row2

Hung up fighting in your own country? Hasn't fought here for a while!

Selby fighting now and he's a bit of a balloon!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyHarp

Impressive stuff by Eubank Jr tonight. I know nothing of the guy he beat but he was highly enough rated. I must admit, Eubank is becoming one of the boxers I most look forward to watching.
That was never a square ball!!

nrico2006

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 07, 2017, 10:19:35 PM

He isnt going to get big, big fights hete though. His career has came to a standstill and he should be chasing the big hitters in the states (or Selby) instead of fighting nobodies in NI.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 08, 2017, 07:24:27 PM

He isnt going to get big, big fights hete though. His career has came to a standstill and he should be chasing the big hitters in the states (or Selby) instead of fighting nobodies in NI.

He should but that's not always the case!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

He's doing just fine. His career has not 'come to a standstill' - the trilogy fight was never likely to happen this year so his progression was always going to be a tune up fight or two and a shot at one of the other titles then.

nrico2006

Quote from: Syferus on October 08, 2017, 09:34:25 PM

He's doing just fine. His career has not 'come to a standstill' - the trilogy fight was never likely to happen this year so his progression was always going to be a tune up fight or two and a shot at one of the other titles then.

Why a tune up fight or two, surely he should be going for one of the titles at this point in his career plus due to the fact he is a 2 weight world champions who was the recent holder of a belt in this division. 

GetOverTheBar

Roy Jones Jr to carry on Boxing and his next opponent due to be announced very shortly, just seen on Twitter.

So sad. Pity nobody can get him to stop.

nrico2006

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 09, 2017, 09:46:14 AM
Roy Jones Jr to carry on Boxing and his next opponent due to be announced very shortly, just seen on Twitter.

So sad. Pity nobody can get him to stop.

The best I ever saw too, shame that he keeps going on. 

lurganblue

Saturday was a good evening of boxing. Eubank was impressive enough. If Groves wins that will be an interesting fight.

Enjoyed the Crolla burns fight too. While i had Crolla winning I dont think it was as wide as was made out.  Probably not much point in a rematch though. Crolla should fight Campbell next.

gallsman

Crolla is done. The two Linares fights showed just how far away he is from the top level. Campbell would handle him easily enough I think.

Atticus_Finch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS-l27wVU80

No wonder the Golovkin vs Eubank Jr fight never happened !  An amusing story about Eubank Snr's demands to Hearn.  Hat tip to WhiskeySteve who sent it my way.

If anyone knows of any spare Frampton fights going could they PM me please.  Was third in the queue at a ticketmaster outlet and thought i was more or less guaranteed tickets.  Not even the first person in the queue got any tickets (well, ringside and the ridiculous priced tickets were left).  Must have all went on pre-sale but thought only a certain allocation could be sold on pre-sale.  if anyone has any going spare if they could PM me please.  Cheers
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."