Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Lukaku is such an underwhelming signing for United. I felt the same about Saha, but I think he had more about him than Lukaku does.

dclane

Quote from: StGallsGAA on July 08, 2017, 10:51:33 AM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 08, 2017, 09:22:31 AM
Quote from: GJL on July 08, 2017, 08:13:47 AM
Utd confirm Lukaku subject to medical.  8)

The guy is a big lazy lump with poor control. Shows how far Utd have fallen when we get excited about such a signing. Should have pushed for Kane or lewandowski

Chelsea and Conte seem to disagree given that he was their No1 transfer target.   One in the eye for old Roman!  Lukaku clearly preferred to go to a bug club;D
It has nothing to do with the agent getting a massive sum of money from Man United. Absolutely nothing got to do with that.No siree

StGallsGAA

Quote from: dclane on July 08, 2017, 10:56:12 AM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on July 08, 2017, 10:51:33 AM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 08, 2017, 09:22:31 AM
Quote from: GJL on July 08, 2017, 08:13:47 AM
Utd confirm Lukaku subject to medical.  8)

The guy is a big lazy lump with poor control. Shows how far Utd have fallen when we get excited about such a signing. Should have pushed for Kane or lewandowski

Chelsea and Conte seem to disagree given that he was their No1 transfer target.   One in the eye for old Roman!  Lukaku clearly preferred to go to a bug club;D
It has nothing to do with the agent getting a massive sum of money from Man United. Absolutely nothing got to do with that.No siree

Not quite sure an agents authority extends to telling a player which club he has to play for.    And RA wouldn't be short of a few quid to match whatever United are paying.

Boycey

Best of luck to Rooney, I'm glad he got his move back to Everton.

No matter how he tailed off in the last couple of years it shouldn't be forgotten how good he was in his 1st 9/10 years at United..

BennyCake

Quote from: Boycey on July 09, 2017, 01:56:02 PM
Best of luck to Rooney, I'm glad he got his move back to Everton.

No matter how he tailed off in the last couple of years it shouldn't be forgotten how good he was in his 1st 9/10 years at United..

He was good until the end of 2010 season. The last 7 years have been very average. And thats being kind.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Dire Ear on July 09, 2017, 03:52:52 PM
http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/08/romelu-lukaku-arrested-amid-manchester-united-transfer-talks-in-la-6765055/

I suppose that's the sort of party you have when you've just signed for the world's biggest football club and most successful English club in history ;)

dclane

Quote from: StGallsGAA on July 09, 2017, 04:30:29 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on July 09, 2017, 03:52:52 PM
http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/08/romelu-lukaku-arrested-amid-manchester-united-transfer-talks-in-la-6765055/

I suppose that's the sort of party you have when you've just signed for the world's biggest football club and most successful English club in history ;)
What age are you?

Hectic

Aye hard to know. He is not the complete forward and I do not think he will ever be but then given it is early in the summer to its too soon to know what £75m represents right now.

He will barge his way to a few goals, especially if Jose sets up in his a preferred defensive shape and makes him the focal point like Zlatan last season but I do not think he will be talked about as a United great in years to come.

And as someone else points out maybe not that much actually available right now.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Man Marker on July 08, 2017, 12:37:16 AM
So u agree with Stallions assessment of Klopp

I really don't watch enough of anyone bar United to be very authoritative but at one stage last year I was convinced Klopp was the answer to Liverpool's prayers. I'm not so sure now. I ignore Stallion now because he goes totally ott at times and the one or two good points he makes are lost in hundreds of rubbish ones.

Liverpool probably just can't get enough good players.

Captain Obvious

I see Ibrahimovic may sign a new contract with Manchester United.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 14, 2017, 10:02:49 PM

A "paper doesn't refuse ink" story I expect.   I doubt if he'll want to warm the bench at 5 to midnight in his career but if he recovers and is prepared to do that he could give an added dimension. 

Syferus

Quote from: StGallsGAA on July 15, 2017, 01:02:48 PM

A "paper doesn't refuse ink" story I expect.   I doubt if he'll want to warm the bench at 5 to midnight in his career but if he recovers and is prepared to do that he could give an added dimension.

He would likely only be staying till the end of the season..

GJL

I'd love to see him stay. Could be very useful especially if Lukaku got injured or fails to perform at the expected level.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: StGallsGAA on July 15, 2017, 01:02:48 PM

Mourinho hinted it on Fridays Sky Sports interview and he said Ibrahimovic could be fit by December