Radio Ulster

Started by Hereiam, February 20, 2018, 11:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 20, 2018, 01:22:10 PM
I listen to David Dunseith for years, as quality interviewer you would have and pulled no punches

Dunseith is sorely missed. He was firm but fair. Challenged everyone to think differently.

Dougal Maguire

Rufus T Firefly was bang on the marx with his earlier post. Was listening to Lynette Faye one Saturday evening recently. Apart from her annoying habit of talking over the song intros until the vocals start, she was all over The Moy team who were on their way home from winning their All Ireland semi. It was a refreshing change to hear that sort of thing
Careful now

Frank_The_Tank

Still miss good old Gerry Anderson - used to Tune in every morning for the hand over Nolan to Gerry slot.  Some of the calls that gerry took that were aired on the Animation show 'On The Air' were excellent.  Still can get a good few of them on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1M5j-VaZIw
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on February 20, 2018, 10:24:09 PM
Still miss good old Gerry Anderson - used to Tune in every morning for the hand over Nolan to Gerry slot.  Some of the calls that gerry took that were aired on the Animation show 'On The Air' were excellent.  Still can get a good few of them on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1M5j-VaZIw

+1

Nolan could never deal with Gerry Anderson who followed him every day.

Sean Coyle who was his sidekick still does a fair job with the music at 10-30 am each day under the guidance of producer Michael Bradley.  Doesn't always get it right as he panders to a few regular listeners' requests but Bradley does keep him on track most of the time. 

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 20, 2018, 06:54:39 PM
I listen to David Dunseith for years, as quality interviewer you would have and pulled no punches

Dunseith is sorely missed. He was firm but fair. Challenged everyone to think differently.

Legend.  Unashamed bigots who came on his show gently had their true agenda unravelled and were shown up in their true light.    He was the antithesis of Nolan who gives bigots a platform.  Can you imagine how Dunseith would have handled Jamie Bryson?

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on February 20, 2018, 10:52:39 PM

+1

Nolan could never deal with Gerry Anderson who followed him every day.

Sean Coyle who was his sidekick still does a fair job with the music at 10-30 am each day under the guidance of producer Michael Bradley.  Doesn't always get it right as he panders to a few regular listeners' requests but Bradley does keep him on track most of the time.

+1.
Careful now

Milltown Row2

Quote from: StGallsGAA on February 20, 2018, 11:03:22 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 20, 2018, 06:54:39 PM

Legend.  Unashamed bigots who came on his show gently had their true agenda unravelled and were shown up in their true light.    He was the antithesis of Nolan who gives bigots a platform.  Can you imagine how Dunseith would have handled Jamie Bryson?

That would have been a great arse wiping interview!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Why do youse watch/listen to Nolan and the like if it winds you up so much ?

I wouldn't watch a minute if it, life's too short
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Snapchap

Quote from: Snapchap on February 20, 2018, 01:17:02 PM
Talkback can be very good. Nolan however most certainly has a very clear agenda. I'd love to see some sort of statistical analysis of unionist/nationalist guests on his show. To my mind there are only four fully fledged regulars on his show - Jim Allister, Jamie Bryson, Nelson McCausland and Malachi O'Doherty. That tells you it all. Three of the most bigoted unionists you could find and a man who would most likely be a small 'u' unionist but who is a devoted opponent of all things republican.

Nolan simply does not have a nationalist/republican guest on his show to anything CLOSE to the same frequency as the four mentioned above.

Take Jim Allister alone - a tweet yesterday noted that in the space of the ten days until yesterday (9th-19th February), Nolan had him as a guest on his radio/tv shows on the 9th, 11th, 12th, on BOTH his radio and TV shows on 14th, on 15th and the 19th.

It seems unashamedly pointed.

Have a wild guess who is on Nolan again this morning.  ::)

sensethetone

Quote from: Snapchap on February 21, 2018, 09:38:12 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on February 20, 2018, 01:17:02 PM
Talkback can be very good. Nolan however most certainly has a very clear agenda. I'd love to see some sort of statistical analysis of unionist/nationalist guests on his show. To my mind there are only four fully fledged regulars on his show - Jim Allister, Jamie Bryson, Nelson McCausland and Malachi O'Doherty. That tells you it all. Three of the most bigoted unionists you could find and a man who would most likely be a small 'u' unionist but who is a devoted opponent of all things republican.

Nolan simply does not have a nationalist/republican guest on his show to anything CLOSE to the same frequency as the four mentioned above.

Take Jim Allister alone - a tweet yesterday noted that in the space of the ten days until yesterday (9th-19th February), Nolan had him as a guest on his radio/tv shows on the 9th, 11th, 12th, on BOTH his radio and TV shows on 14th, on 15th and the 19th.

It seems unashamedly pointed.

Have a wild guess who is on Nolan again this morning.  ::)

Still collected his MLA pay-check too..

lurganblue

Quote from: Minder on February 20, 2018, 11:43:32 PM
Why do youse watch/listen to Nolan and the like if it winds you up so much ?

I wouldn't watch a minute if it, life's too short

Agreed. he's a sensationalist. I dont watch his show, listen to his other show or follow him on twitter.

I caught his podcast on the paedophile hunters last week through a recommendation on here. That'll do me for another few years.

Low and Hard

Wtf was Nolan at with them Russian dolls. He's some clown!

haranguerer

Gerry was fantastic.

Rawhide

Mark Cruthers giving Greffory a good grilling on 'The View'
cccc is a true supporter lol