Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: foxcommander on September 15, 2017, 10:03:33 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 15, 2017, 09:51:55 PM
Quote from: Rudi on September 15, 2017, 08:01:23 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 15, 2017, 06:29:18 PM
Quote from: Rudi on September 15, 2017, 03:21:37 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 15, 2017, 09:32:53 AM
http://www.irishtimes.com/business/media-and-marketing/george-hook-suspended-from-newstalk-after-rape-comments-1.3222180

I wish I had time to protest like the ones in the photo. As for a culture of crime against women in this country, its hardly that bad. Varadkar even said it today, excuse me sir are you not from India, a barbaric cesspit of a country, where rape is natural and a huge class society exists. If your not happy here Leo, you can go home you know, apart from appeasing the media he has done feck all.

Varadkar is just the Dublin-born Taoiseach. Why the f**k would he be commenting on anything that is a high profile talking point in Irish society? :o

It's a photo opportunity self driven political gain chancerism. Coming from a culture of horrendous treatment of women I find it a bit shite. I don't like the sarky nature of your post not the first time either.

Doubling down on the xenophobia I see. What part of him being Irish did you miss?

Being a blueshirt he can hardly be called Irish. West Brit perhaps.

We're truly lucky to have posters who can make such razor sharp, biting, original quips.

Even if they are an East Alabaman - the part with the burning crosses.

macdanger2

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/media-and-marketing/george-hook-suspended-from-newstalk-after-rape-comments-1.3222180

I wish I had time to protest like the ones in the photo. As for a culture of crime against women in this country, its hardly that bad. Varadkar even said it today, excuse me sir are you not from India, a barbaric cesspit of a country, where rape is natural and a huge class society exists. If your not happy here Leo, you can go home you know, apart from appeasing the media he has done feck all.

Way out of order Rudi

Tubberman

You've shown yourself up big time. He's from Castleknock FFS.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Syferus on September 15, 2017, 06:35:38 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 15, 2017, 02:44:06 PM
Newstalk milk all the coverage and then suspend him as if they give a fcuk.

I really don't think you have a clue how PR works if you think this was an attempt by Newstalk to get attention.

Varadkar is just the Dublin-born Taoiseach. Why the f**k would he be commenting on anything that is a high profile talking point in Irish society? :o

Insanely wrong-headed comment Rudi. Xenophobic at best. Varadkar is Irish, in case you forgot..

Personally I would call that comment racist.
#newbridgeornowhere

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rudi on September 14, 2017, 10:48:32 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 14, 2017, 10:17:40 AM
Quote from: Rudi on September 14, 2017, 10:13:00 AM

George Hook is not very likable and his comments were out of line, he said sorry, yellow card, now move on.
The below was the yellow card offence.

But what Hook said last Friday should be a straight red anyway.

http://www.thejournal.ie/george-hook-comments-niamh-nic-domhnaill-2218672-Jul2015/

What about this. Hypothetically... you go into a relationship with somebody, be it marriage or be it you're living with someone. So now you're sharing a bed with somebody, yes, and obviously sexual congress takes place on a regular basis because you're living with someone. Is there not an implied consent therefore that you consent to sexual congress?

That's an implication that there can be no such thing as rape within either marriage or a co-habiting relationship.

I agree. I have often put my hand on the mrs rudi arse only to be told "not tonight". It ends there, its down to a half sally in seconds.

Just get her drunk .....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

It's a photo opportunity self driven political gain chancerism. Coming from a culture of horrendous treatment of women I find it a bit shite. I don't like the sarky nature of your post not the first time either.

If you think it's just a photo op, then just say that and leave out the irrelevant, xenophobic ad hominem attacks.

Sarcasm is sometimes appropriate (you were fully aware he is Irish-born, while how the hell is he in any way responsible for what goes on in India?). Xenophobia never is.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on September 15, 2017, 10:03:33 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 15, 2017, 09:51:55 PM

Doubling down on the xenophobia I see. What part of him being Irish did you miss?

Being a blueshirt he can hardly be called Irish. West Brit perhaps.

;D

foxcommander

George Hook was bang on the money. Take responsibility for your own actions and don't put yourself in dangerous situations. It is pathetic how this has been twisted and a man gets demonized for speaking the truth.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

sid waddell

Quote from: foxcommander on September 16, 2017, 03:21:40 PM
George Hook was bang on the money. Take responsibility for your own actions and don't put yourself in dangerous situations. It is pathetic how this has been twisted and a man gets demonized for speaking the truth.
Whose "responsibility" are you referring to here?

Because it sounds very much like you're referring to the "responsibility" of the victim, not the responsibility of the perpetrator, or the responsibility of Hook himself not to blame a victim on national radio.

How exactly should a victim take "responsibility" for "her own actions"?

What "actions"?

The "actions" of being raped?

Claiming that a rape victim is to blame? Isn't that the ideology of Wahhabism?

foxcommander

Quote from: sid waddell on September 16, 2017, 03:30:31 PM

Because it sounds very much like you're referring to the "responsibility" of the victim, not the responsibility of the perpetrator, or the responsibility of Hook himself not to blame a victim on national radio.

What "actions"?

this is exactly what I mean when I say the story gets twisted.

Re-read the bit about putting yourself in dangerous situations

sid waddell

Quote from: foxcommander on September 16, 2017, 03:34:20 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 16, 2017, 03:30:31 PM

this is exactly what I mean when I say the story gets twisted.

Re-read the bit about putting yourself in dangerous situations

What "actions"?

I've read the comments and listened to them multiple times so I'm well aware of exactly what was said and the context and tone of them, thanks.

Whose "responsibility" are you talking about?

The victim's, yes?

under the bar

So any girl going back to an hotel room with her date who then ends up getting raped by another man who enters the room has brought it on herself?  If you believe that you are in the same category  of neanderthal knob-jockeys as Hook himself

Esmarelda

Everyone hold on. foxcommander is jealous. foxcommander tries to be as controversial as Hook on this board and is trying to get their tuppence in now, a little late.

Hook is bang on the money. The rape victim is partly to blame and she shouldn't be surprised that a second man came into the room and raped her.

Please, please, please let this post be the acknowledgement of how controversial foxcommander's post was and let's move on with genuine debate, much like if Hook gets the boot.

foxcommander

Quote from: under the bar on September 16, 2017, 04:10:47 PM

So any girl going back to an hotel room with her date who then ends up getting raped by another man who enters the room has brought it on herself?

Then ask yourself if you should go to a hotel room or any other isolated location with someone you didn't even know 3 hours ago.
I am merely pointing out that you run the risk of putting yourself in danger. How do you know what this person is actally like. What if the story turned out that she was murdered by her date. Same rules apply.

Next you lot will be telling kids it's ok to get into that car with strangers.

foxcommander

Quote from: Esmarelda on September 16, 2017, 04:22:04 PM
Everyone hold on. foxcommander is jealous. foxcommander tries to be as controversial as Hook on this board and is trying to get their tuppence in now, a little late.

Hook is bang on the money. The rape victim is partly to blame and she shouldn't be surprised that a second man came into the room and raped her.

Please, please, please let this post be the acknowledgement of how controversial foxcommander's post was and let's move on with genuine debate, much like if Hook gets the boot.

Sorry for the delay - I don't sit on the internet every hour of the day waiting for the latest outrage and pitchfork session.

She had no idea who she was dealing with. That in my book is irresponsible, no matter what way you try spin it.