Stephen Nolan's £500k BBC Salary last year!

Started by T Fearon, July 19, 2017, 12:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

The big man isn't happy!!!

Personal statement from me :

I have been the victim of a malicious social media campaign this week.
Internet trolls distorted a television image and then nastily and falsely used it to  suggest I had been acting inappropriately in a foreign country.

In actual fact , the real image was from my Nolan Live tv show, of me in November 2016  on BBC Northern Ireland television , in my capacity as a tv presenter .

18 months later , the tv images were then twisted and distorted into lies .

Those lies were then spread across social media this week with falsehood , in order to hurt me and cause me distress.

It is an extraordinary level of malicious vindictiveness .

For those who retweeted or liked or shared the defamation , they too are vicious trolls who are no better than the keyboard warriors who created it .

My legal team has logged those cowards who shared , liked , retweeted or commented on this defamatory personal attack against me.

If they want to apologise , they would be wise to email my lawyer Paul Tweed very quickly at ptweed@tweedlaw.co.uk

Bullying on the internet costs lives.

On behalf of all those children and adults who have found themselves bullied online , I will be using my strength and resources to legally pursue the trolls who defamed me so that they cannot bully anybody else.

I would like to thank my friends and colleagues who came to my support this week .

I'd like to thank the numerous politicians who called me personally to offer their support .

I should also thank the Northern Irish media and newspapers , who did not publish the image & therefore rejected this nasty, outrageous attempt to distress me .

Finally , I need to thank the Northern Ireland listeners and viewers who have bombarded me with support this week.

I have a very special relationship with you - even those of you who I wind up ! - and the only way I can pay you back is by me continuing to fight for your voices to be heard on radio and tv .

I am currently in the USA for a BBC project but I'll talk to you all on the radio next week when I get home .

All the best , Stephen
Living the dream!!!

OgraAnDun

Can you now be sued for liking something on Facebook and Twitter?

Minder

Quote from: OgraAnDun on May 12, 2018, 09:57:37 AM

They should be sued for being stupid
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

I think he'll be as successful as Paddy Jackson

#suemestephen
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 12, 2018, 11:03:20 AM

#suemestephen

Except Nolan is not on the run following a contentious rape trial and he has already engaged Paul Tweed to begin the process of dealing with these idiots.  Previous follow ups on twitter abuse in GB have been successful.  Anyone who sends an apology to Tweed Solicitors will be taken off the list.

nrico2006

Surely liking a post on Facebook can have no comeback. Regarding sharing and retweeting, does the responsibility for moderating content not lay with facebook and twitter?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on May 12, 2018, 04:29:28 PM

#suemestephen

Except Nolan is not on the run following a contentious rape trial and he has already engaged Paul Tweed to begin the process of dealing with these idiots.  Previous follow ups on twitter abuse in GB have been successful.  Anyone who sends an apology to Tweed Solicitors will be taken off the list.
Wise to f**k up you muppet, on the run? Contentious? Wasn't even close you wally
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 13, 2018, 12:15:37 AM

#suemestephen

Wise to f**k up you muppet, on the run? Contentious? Wasn't even close you wally

Seems your usual skills of logical reasoning and argument have evaded you in the early hours this morning. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on May 13, 2018, 11:08:57 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 13, 2018, 12:15:37 AM

#suemestephen

Seems your usual skills of logical reasoning and argument have evaded you in the early hours this morning.

So what's your excuse?

quit yo jibbajabba

If yer mans name had been Paul Tweet instead that wouldve been pretty cool

nrico2006

Nolan is fair game. Likes trying to ruin other people; if he can give it then he needs to be able to take it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

johnnycool

Got a good laugh out of Nolan this morning with the usual suspects on talking about flegs, Wee Jamie Bwyson and Claire Hanna as well as a few others, same generic shite debate until Stevie took a call for a lad in Downpatrick with an English accent (that threw me a bit).
This lad gave his English perspective on flags and banners in Cantrell Close or wherever and then asked Jamie did he know any known UVF criminals and Jamie trotted out the usual that he didn't and was against violence in every way, contact the PSNI and so forth and next thing yer man asks Jamie about an individual and he blurted the name out over the airways, big Stevie nearly had a canary, backtracking like a good one, BBC does not condone and so forth and wee Jamie in the background trying to get a word in but obviously the mike had been turned down and muted.

Car crash stuff. Jerry Springer radio.

our_fella

Quote from: johnnycool on June 04, 2018, 12:21:47 PM
Got a good laugh out of Nolan this morning with the usual suspects on talking about flegs, Wee Jamie Bwyson and Claire Hanna as well as a few others, same generic shite debate until Stevie took a call for a lad in Downpatrick with an English accent (that threw me a bit).
This lad gave his English perspective on flags and banners in Cantrell Close or wherever and then asked Jamie did he know any known UVF criminals and Jamie trotted out the usual that he didn't and was against violence in every way, contact the PSNI and so forth and next thing yer man asks Jamie about an individual and he blurted the name out over the airways, big Stevie nearly had a canary, backtracking like a good one, BBC does not condone and so forth and wee Jamie in the background trying to get a word in but obviously the mike had been turned down and muted.

Have a rough idea when this was said??? save me from having to scroll the whole way through the show!!!

johnnycool

Quote from: our_fella on June 04, 2018, 01:44:42 PM

Have a rough idea when this was said??? save me from having to scroll the whole way through the show!!!

9.15 to 9.30 roughly.

general_lee

Quote from: johnnycool on June 04, 2018, 01:56:59 PM
Quote from: our_fella on June 04, 2018, 01:44:42 PM

9.15 to 9.30 roughly.
Heard it myself and turned it off not long after. I find myself asking the same question everytime, why does the public have to fund this utter shite!? Why does some spastic loyalist with a speech impediment get so much airtime? Like why even debate it, what's there to debate? The guy is wrong no matter what way you look at it yet Nolan and his producers have him on every single f**king time there's something us v them related. No doubt in the interests of "balance and impartiality".