Truly inspirational.

Started by T Fearon, July 09, 2017, 07:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-40545129. Even the most hard hearted anti Catholic would have to have the utmost respect for this guy,who in his previous secular life had it all,but has given it all up to follow his true vocation.

punt kick

The altar boys will love him!

The Subbie

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-29/cardinal-george-pell-charged-sexual-assault-offences/8547668?pfmredir=sm

Even the most hard hearted anti humanitarian would struggle to have the any respect for this guy, who , in his previous religious life had it all , considered himself untouchable and is now set to face the court where he will hopefully be sentenced to an extended stay in the big house, Please God.....

BennyHarp

Quote from: The Subbie on July 09, 2017, 07:51:30 AM
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-29/cardinal-george-pell-charged-sexual-assault-offences/8547668?pfmredir=sm

Even the most hard hearted anti humanitarian would struggle to have the any respect for this guy, who , in his previous religious life had it all , considered himself untouchable and is now set to face the court where he will hopefully be sentenced to an extended stay in the big house, Please God.....

Ffs, there's plenty of threads to discuss this sort of thing. It's like those knobheads on twitter who reply to Gary Lineker about shitting himself every time he posts. Oh there's a positive story about priests...I need to post an abuse story!

Fair play to Mulryne - I wish him all the best. I have been blessed to know many great priests in my life, hopefully he will have a positive influence in his new role.
That was never a square ball!!

smelmoth

Quote from: T Fearon on July 09, 2017, 07:09:02 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-40545129. Even the most hard hearted anti Catholic would have to have the utmost respect for this guy,who in his previous secular life had it all,but has given it all up to follow his true vocation.

He didn't give up his life as a footballer.

Possibly he gave up his accumulated wealth. I don't know. If he did where does it go and what will it be used for?

What useful things will be now do with his life?

As an individual, best of luck to him. I hope he finds happiness and that it doesn't come at a cost to others

The Subbie

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 09, 2017, 08:23:54 AM

Ffs, there's plenty of threads to discuss this sort of thing. It's like those knobheads on twitter who reply to Gary Lineker about shitting himself every time he posts. Oh there's a positive story about priests...I need to post an abuse story!

Fair play to Mulryne - I wish him all the best. I have been blessed to know many great priests in my life, hopefully he will have a positive influence in his new role.

Thanks for letting me know what, where and when to post big lad, I'd be lost without you.
Seriously , Tony has been posting about the now Fr Mulryne since just before he entered the seminary.

Good to hear that you know or have known good priests in your life, unfortunately more than a few of our fellow country men and others around the world have not had as benign an experience as you .

If Tony , who has condoned the clerical sex abuse cover up time after time , is going to keep us informed at every step of the way , on Fr Mulrynes path to ordination , well then I will , if I choose to , post links to the increasing volume of Fr Mulrynes now colleagues worldwide who are been hauled before the courts to explain their nefarious activities of the past.

Now I must go and tweet to Gary Lineker that he soiled himself on the field of play, yet again Benny I am in your debt , I almost forgot I had to do that

Seany

Replying to Tony Fearon as if his opinion matters is like worrying about what Joe Brolly, or Katie Hopkins or Piers Morgan, or Willie Frazer say. These people need feedback to feed their egos. Responding to them or taking heed of their opinion is offering them respect which they simply don't deserve.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Seany on July 09, 2017, 10:03:08 AM
Replying to Tony Fearon as if his opinion matters is like worrying about what Joe Brolly, or Katie Hopkins or Piers Morgan, or Willie Frazer say. These people need feedback to feed their egos. Responding to them or taking heed of their opinion is offering them respect which they simply don't deserve.

Catch 22?

Orior

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 09, 2017, 08:23:54 AM

+1.

Also good to see that Canon Stevenson still attends Armagh matches.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

BennyCake

Did he have a nickname while he was in the seminary? All priests seemed to in Father Ted anyway.

T Fearon

Probably Roberto (after Baggio).He did study at the magnificent Irish College in Rome.

Milltown Row2

Let's not have this thread degenerate into the crap that goes with Tony's normal threads...

Having met Philly a few times many years ago when he first signed for Utd and him playing for local GAA club before his big break, I'd hate to see Philly being tarnished with others who abused kids...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Ireland for the over 80s Priest's championship around 2060.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

Quote from: armaghniac on July 09, 2017, 07:53:58 PM
Ireland for the over 80s Priest's championship around 2060.

Backboned by the squad that won the Over 75's competition in 2055.

imtommygunn

I wouldn't be a big religious person at all but i thought this was a nice story. Professional footballers with all their money can let themselves lose the run of any sense of morals or decency but this guy's faith survived all that withhim now dedicating his life to it so personally i think that is to be commended.

I have no problem with people of faith if they live their lives to the standards they set. When they don't , as is very apparent every bloody day in the north, that is when it is annoying.