Mayweather v Mc Gregor

Started by Targetman, June 14, 2017, 11:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy90

Quote from: stew on August 26, 2017, 11:04:04 AM
Quote from: longballin on August 26, 2017, 09:49:41 AM
Quote from: urbangael on August 26, 2017, 07:46:11 AM
I must be the only Irish man hoping for a mayweather victory. McGregor is a gobshite!

You certainly aren't the only one, loads can't stand him. Foul mouthed racist marches into the ring to  The Foggy Dew and then wears a poppy...

Not even close, the thing is, te wife beaters record will reflect a 50-0 record, becoming the best record ever even though he fought a man who had never fought a professional fight, that is a shame and a disgrace, I will watch this farce for free and hope they knock each other out, there will be drama tonight, I suspect something will happen that the fight game has never seen.

Mayweather's beating  and embarrassing McGregor who then turns around and starts kicking, gouging and headbutting him, thereby living up to his "Notorious" name?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Medic

Quote from: CiKe on August 26, 2017, 07:40:16 AM
Quote from: Medic on August 26, 2017, 01:44:21 AM
Mechant asks Mayweather why he is boring https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYA49V_P4qs

I just feel sorry for the people who paid $30,000 to go watch Floyd score points lol the point system is used in case that there is no TKO or KO not be exploited  ::)

If you cant appreciate Mayweather as a boxer you haven't a clue. Period.
I would pay big money to see Mayweather and Broner fight. Two of them doing shoulder rolls and too busy waiting to counter each other's counter punches would be so unreal!!
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

INDIANA

Please Floyd just KO him . And the rest of the world can get on with their lives

CiKe

Quote from: Medic on August 26, 2017, 11:49:20 AM
Quote from: CiKe on August 26, 2017, 07:40:16 AM
Quote from: Medic on August 26, 2017, 01:44:21 AM
Mechant asks Mayweather why he is boring https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYA49V_P4qs

I just feel sorry for the people who paid $30,000 to go watch Floyd score points lol the point system is used in case that there is no TKO or KO not be exploited  ::)

If you cant appreciate Mayweather as a boxer you haven't a clue. Period.
I would pay big money to see Mayweather and Broner fight. Two of them doing shoulder rolls and too busy waiting to counter each other's counter punches would be so unreal!!

I get that you don't think he is the most exciting fighter and I agree. Watch Gatti, Morales, Barrera etc for that. However if you can't acknowledge his genius inside the ring then you have no appreciation of boxing whatsoever.

HiMucker

seafoid

Mayweather gets $300 for 36 minutes. McGregor gets $100.  It is like the era of Nero.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Wildweasel74

Always disliked Mayweather who avoided certain fighters until they were on the slide then he fight them when he sure he win, but McGregor if he could mange it is a bigger p***k, hope it goes the distance, as it will show this farce up for what it is, a money making exercise and an embarrassment to professional fighters who train years and Johnny comes lately with no boxing experience get to fight a boxing legend who will make a fool of him, to make a undefeated 50-0 all for money, plus all us idiots who probably watch this circus.

lenny

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 26, 2017, 06:17:36 PM
Always disliked Mayweather who avoided certain fighters until they were on the slide then he fight them when he sure he win, but McGregor if he could mange it is a bigger p***k, hope it goes the distance, as it will show this farce up for what it is, a money making exercise and an embarrassment to professional fighters who train years and Johnny comes lately with no boxing experience get to fight a boxing legend who will make a fool of him, to make a undefeated 50-0 all for money, plus all us idiots who probably watch this circus.

Total pantomime and I just can't believe there are people out there stupid enough to pay for this crap.

Minder

Quote from: lenny on August 26, 2017, 06:28:52 PM

Total pantomime and I just can't believe there are people out there stupid enough to pay for this crap.

+1
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Carmen Stateside

Cant wait.  I just wish now i had made the trip to vegas, looks like everyone having a good time.  If Mc Gregor can rattle him early he may stand some chance but i feel mayweather defense will be to good for Notorious.

yellowcard

Quote from: lenny on August 26, 2017, 06:28:52 PM

I totally get what you're saying however for a nation that voted Donald Trump as its president, it does not surprise me in the slightest. If it was free to view and on at a respectable hour I'd tune in for curiosity but beyond that I have no interest and will be glad when the media circus comes to a halt.

BennyCake

Is this bollocks not over yet? Jaysus I'm sick of hearing about that McGregor p***k!

Syferus

This thread has been the most laughable part of the whole build-up. So-not-interested-yet-so-clearly-interested.

Boycey

I'd be in 'I think it's a farce' camp but I'll freely admit I'll get up and watch it out of curiosity more than anything. As a long time boxing fan no part of logic makes me see how McGregor has a prayer but sure the history of sport is littered with unbeatables who were beaten..

JimStynes

28 pages of people going out of their way to say they are not watching it! Yeah right lads!!