Mayweather v Mc Gregor

Started by Targetman, June 14, 2017, 11:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Targetman

There can only be one outcome tomorrow, Mc Gregor will give it his best shot but Mayweather's undoubted class will finish it in round 6!

Medic

Quote from: gallsman on August 26, 2017, 12:31:16 AM
Quote from: Minder on August 26, 2017, 12:19:17 AM
Just seen this on the twitter machine from a boxing coach in Bray, sums the whole farce up

@PeteTaylor01 Mayweather Vs McGregor... it's Mayweather for me let's be honest Conor wouldn't win the all Ireland elites @VincentHogan

Katie's da.

Quote from: Medic on August 25, 2017, 11:39:14 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 25, 2017, 11:06:40 PMFloyd hits like a woman, which is quite ironic..

LOL you hit it on the nail there. Floyd is just a boring runner and fight like a b**tch. It's like boxing is just about countering/defending punches and going all 12 rounds  :-* I think they call it the Sweet Science? More like watching paint dry :/

Grow up ffs.

::) ::) ::)
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

Medic

Mechant asks Mayweather why he is boring https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYA49V_P4qs

I just feel sorry for the people who paid $30,000 to go watch Floyd score points lol the point system is used in case that there is no TKO or KO not be exploited  ::)
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

bennydorano

Utter Humiliation is a far greater danger than being knocked out. The skills deficit will be arse clenchingly obvious - as it would if it was an MMA fight.

CiKe

Quote from: Medic on August 26, 2017, 01:44:21 AM
Mechant asks Mayweather why he is boring https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYA49V_P4qs

I just feel sorry for the people who paid $30,000 to go watch Floyd score points lol the point system is used in case that there is no TKO or KO not be exploited  ::)

If you cant appreciate Mayweather as a boxer you haven't a clue. Period.

CiKe

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 26, 2017, 12:35:19 AM
Just seen this on the twitter machine from a boxing coach in Bray, sums the whole farce up

@PeteTaylor01 Mayweather Vs McGregor... it's Mayweather for me let's be honest Conor wouldn't win the all Ireland elites @VincentHogan

McGregor will do well to land a glove on Mayweather but the above tweet is utter bollocks. McGregor if nothing else is a committed professional and a huge competitor who has a certain level of boxing skill and is forensic in his preparation. His mindset and uttter willpower would demolish domestic Irish level boxers. The farce comes in the fact that he is fighting the most skilled boxer of our generation. The tweet is consistent with a boxing snob shitting himself that his coaching skills and his sport's reputation could possibly be tarnished by a novice to the game (which it won't). By the way, I believe Mayweather wins as easy as he wants but the snobbery of the boxing pundits and die hards is beginning to grate a little.

Don't think it's snobbery. Conversely think you are doing a disservice to a lot of Irish boxers. McGregor might be fitter but of those who are fit "enough", the skill level is far more important. Stretching the point (just a little...) but Haile Gebressailasse would never get a run out for Kilkenny!

urbangael

I must be the only Irish man hoping for a mayweather victory. McGregor is a gobshite!

BennyHarp

Quote from: CiKe on August 26, 2017, 07:44:25 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 26, 2017, 12:35:19 AM

McGregor will do well to land a glove on Mayweather but the above tweet is utter bollocks. McGregor if nothing else is a committed professional and a huge competitor who has a certain level of boxing skill and is forensic in his preparation. His mindset and uttter willpower would demolish domestic Irish level boxers. The farce comes in the fact that he is fighting the most skilled boxer of our generation. The tweet is consistent with a boxing snob shitting himself that his coaching skills and his sport's reputation could possibly be tarnished by a novice to the game (which it won't). By the way, I believe Mayweather wins as easy as he wants but the snobbery of the boxing pundits and die hards is beginning to grate a little.

Don't think it's snobbery. Conversely think you are doing a disservice to a lot of Irish boxers. McGregor might be fitter but of those who are fit "enough", the skill level is far more important. Stretching the point (just a little...) but Haile Gebressailasse would never get a run out for Kilkenny!

Don't get me wrong, I don't think McGregor has a chance if this is a fair boxing match but ffs I'm sick of people trying to outdo each other with their "it's like a darts player competing in an Olympic javelin event" comparisons too. The whole thing is ridiculous but I'm setting my alarm for 4am anyway! 😀
That was never a square ball!!

gawa316

I'm a definite McGregor bandwagon jumper...first fight I say was against Mendes and loved the whole package ever since...Glad I'm not an expert in either sports and just looking forward to watch it with a few beers and if (massive if) McGregor wins great and if he loses, live will go on.

Estimator

Looking at this from a cynical point of view... Could we be looking at a 3 fight series.. McGregor "wins" this one. Mayweather takes the second, setting up the decider. Two great men for marketing, putting on a show and making money!! Though this depends on much value Mayweather puts in his undefeated record.
Ulster League Champions 2009

CiKe

Quote from: Estimator on August 26, 2017, 08:31:24 AM
Looking at this from a cynical point of view... Could we be looking at a 3 fight series.. McGregor "wins" this one. Mayweather takes the second, setting up the decider. Two great men for marketing, putting on a show and making money!! Though this depends on much value Mayweather puts in his undefeated record.

Nah, that is too Rocky like even for this! Speaking of Rocky I kinda wonder whether will be Mayweather wins easily enough but Conor comes out with credit. Mayweather wins the fight, McGregor wins the night?

longballin

Quote from: urbangael on August 26, 2017, 07:46:11 AM
I must be the only Irish man hoping for a mayweather victory. McGregor is a gobshite!

You certainly aren't the only one, loads can't stand him. Foul mouthed racist marches into the ring to  The Foggy Dew and then wears a poppy...

stew

Quote from: longballin on August 26, 2017, 09:49:41 AM

You certainly aren't the only one, loads can't stand him. Foul mouthed racist marches into the ring to  The Foggy Dew and then wears a poppy...

Not even close, the thing is, te wife beaters record will reflect a 50-0 record, becoming the best record ever even though he fought a man who had never fought a professional fight, that is a shame and a disgrace, I will watch this farce for free and hope they knock each other out, there will be drama tonight, I suspect something will happen that the fight game has never seen.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

RedHand88

Quote from: Estimator on August 26, 2017, 08:31:24 AM

Staaaapp one night of this dung is enough.

longballin

Quote from: stew on August 26, 2017, 11:04:04 AM
Quote from: longballin on August 26, 2017, 09:49:41 AM

Not even close, the thing is, te wife beaters record will reflect a 50-0 record, becoming the best record ever even though he fought a man who had never fought a professional fight, that is a shame and a disgrace, I will watch this farce for free and hope they knock each other out, there will be drama tonight, I suspect something will happen that the fight game has never seen.

aye theyre well met the pair of them... the dregs