Mayweather v Mc Gregor

Started by Targetman, June 14, 2017, 11:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

I didn't know Chris Eubank posted here

Minder

Quote from: NAG1 on August 25, 2017, 02:00:43 PM
Kind of intrigued by this:

where is the confidence coming from for McG?

He is fighting the Ultimate Pro boxer who made a career of avoiding getting hit by better faster technically more skillful boxers than McG will ever be.

Is it looking for that fairy tale that FM Jr sticks his chin out for McG to put one on him?

It's fixed

I would say the two of them are laughing their balls off behind the scenes

If McGregor thought he had *any* chance he would have had a few warm up fights, but if he fought anyone, even a journeyman, he would be defeated & then obviously no fight of the century of whatever shite they are calling it
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Syferus

Quote from: hardstation on August 25, 2017, 10:29:45 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 25, 2017, 10:24:41 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on August 25, 2017, 02:00:43 PM
Kind of intrigued by this:

where is the confidence coming from for McG?

He is fighting the Ultimate Pro boxer who made a career of avoiding getting hit by better faster technically more skillful boxers than McG will ever be.

Is it looking for that fairy tale that FM Jr sticks his chin out for McG to put one on him?

It's fixed
You kinda don't wannabe a conspiracy theory dick on this but if Mayweather isn't punching the head off a non-boxer, you'd have to wonder.

Do you actually know what type of boxer Mayweather is?

This will probably go on a lot longer than some people here seem to think it will. Floyd hits like a woman, which is quite ironic..

gallsman

Quote from: Syferus on August 25, 2017, 11:06:40 PMFloyd hits like a woman, which is quite ironic..

Lol. Ridiculous statement.

Tony Baloney

Syf making a balloon of himself again.

Cunny Funt

Mayweather sponsored by Paddy Power, interesting...

Medic

Quote from: Syferus on August 25, 2017, 11:06:40 PMFloyd hits like a woman, which is quite ironic..

LOL you hit it on the nail there. Floyd is just a boring runner and fight like a b**tch. It's like boxing is just about countering/defending punches and going all 12 rounds  :-* I think they call it the Sweet Science? More like watching paint dry :/
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

gawa316

How will Mcgregor put on 15 odd lbs in a day?

Minder

Minder

Just seen this on the twitter machine from a boxing coach in Bray, sums the whole farce up

@PeteTaylor01 Mayweather Vs McGregor... it's Mayweather for me let's be honest Conor wouldn't win the all Ireland elites @VincentHogan

gallsman

Quote from: gawa316 on August 25, 2017, 11:56:53 PM
How will Mcgregor put on 15 odd lbs in a day?

Drinking water.

He's not really putting weight on. To make weight, fighters "cut" water. He'll have started reducing his water intake daily from late Monday or so and pretty much cut it out for the last day/day and a half. Nothing more than sips today.

It's much more extreme in MMA, which has inherited a lot of bad habits from American collegiate wrestling on this front, than boxing.

gallsman

Quote from: Minder on August 26, 2017, 12:19:17 AM
Just seen this on the twitter machine from a boxing coach in Bray, sums the whole farce up

@PeteTaylor01 Mayweather Vs McGregor... it's Mayweather for me let's be honest Conor wouldn't win the all Ireland elites @VincentHogan

Katie's da.

Quote from: Medic on August 25, 2017, 11:39:14 PM

LOL you hit it on the nail there. Floyd is just a boring runner and fight like a b**tch. It's like boxing is just about countering/defending punches and going all 12 rounds  :-* I think they call it the Sweet Science? More like watching paint dry :/

Grow up ffs.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Minder on August 26, 2017, 12:19:17 AM

McGregor will do well to land a glove on Mayweather but the above tweet is utter bollocks. McGregor if nothing else is a committed professional and a huge competitor who has a certain level of boxing skill and is forensic in his preparation. His mindset and uttter willpower would demolish domestic Irish level boxers. The farce comes in the fact that he is fighting the most skilled boxer of our generation. The tweet is consistent with a boxing snob shitting himself that his coaching skills and his sport's reputation could possibly be tarnished by a novice to the game (which it won't). By the way, I believe Mayweather wins as easy as he wants but the snobbery of the boxing pundits and die hards is beginning to grate a little.
That was never a square ball!!

gallsman

Video of a crowd singing up the Ra in the T mobile. Tough life under the yoke of the Brits all those lads from Killiney on their J1s have had. Don't know which I despise more, these ones or the (also heavily in attendance this week) Dubs who can barely spell their own name never mind go to the north who sing it too.