Mayweather v Mc Gregor

Started by Targetman, June 14, 2017, 11:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LCohen

Quote from: ONeill on July 13, 2017, 06:16:13 PM
I've a feeling the London show will be a handlin. I'd say it'll be rough talk.

No doubt.

It's a big target market for PPV sales so they will be planning some blow up or controversy

Aaron Boone

Tough to go New York to London 1 day later and do the same show. It will be a long week for them, regardless of the perks.

LCohen

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 13, 2017, 06:35:46 PM
Tough to go New York to London 1 day later and do the same show. It will be a long week for them, regardless of the perks.

What's the tough bits? The traveling, the time zones or remembering their lines?

I'm sure they will be well prepared. It's a money racket. The fight is the night they get paid. These are the days that determine how much they get paid so they will put their all into it.

Remember there is no actual sporting contest here. Just 2 guys trying to maximise the purse.

Syferus

yellowcard

Quote from: LCohen on July 13, 2017, 07:03:49 PM

What's the tough bits? The traveling, the time zones or remembering their lines?

I'm sure they will be well prepared. It's a money racket. The fight is the night they get paid. These are the days that determine how much they get paid so they will put their all into it.

Remember there is no actual sporting contest here. Just 2 guys trying to maximise the purse.

We even had the unlikely event of Mayweather talking himself down and talking McGregor up last night. It's all designed to make the viewer believe this is a fight for the ages between 2 all time warriors when the reality is that it's not even a contest.

These press conferences are nothing more than a sales roadshow to drum up support and hype for a nothing fight. Both fighters away from the cameras must be laughing their heads off. It makes me laugh to see comments claiming victories for one or the other at a press conference Iike it really matters.

LCohen

Quote from: yellowcard on July 13, 2017, 10:16:42 PM
Quote from: LCohen on July 13, 2017, 07:03:49 PM

We even had the unlikely event of Mayweather talking himself down and talking McGregor up last night. It's all designed to make the viewer believe this is a fight for the ages between 2 all time warriors when the reality is that it's not even a contest.

These press conferences are nothing more than a sales roadshow to drum up support and hype for a nothing fight. Both fighters away from the cameras must be laughing their heads off. It makes me laugh to see comments claiming victories for one or the other at a press conference Iike it really matters.
Zzz @ yellow card

Syferus
All I'm doing is pointing out that this whole thing is a farce from beginning to end. Take any post that treats this as anything other than bullshit and explain why you are not directing your zzz at them

gallsman

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 13, 2017, 08:38:54 AM
I've no time for or interest in MMA but I can't help but admire what McGregor has done. Fair f**ks to him for talking his way into this fight and whether people believe it's a joke or a certainty you can be guaranteed he'll train and prepare as hard as possible. He's not just there to take the money.....he badly wants to win and will give a genuine effort. He probably doesn't have a prayer.

Mayweather is a detestable piece of shit. A vulgar woman beating tax defaulter. People are buying into this fight in the hope than McGregor can somehow, miraculously land one of those explosive lefts on this guys and spark him out.

That would be why he hasn't brought a boxing coach on board then, yeah?

gawa316

Bit of bust in New York...wonder how it will go down in London?

Can see some sort scripted altercation to maximize effect

screenexile

Quote from: gawa316 on July 14, 2017, 08:08:58 AM
Bit of bust in New York...wonder how it will go down in London?

Can see some sort scripted altercation to maximize effect

Will be pretty noticeable if it's scripted when they have to say anything more than "you're a bitch"

PAULD123

I've no time for or interest in MMA but I can't help but admire what McGregor has done. Fair f**ks to him for talking his way into this fight and whether people believe it's a joke or a certainty you can be guaranteed he'll train and prepare as hard as possible. He's not just there to take the money.....he badly wants to win and will give a genuine effort. He probably doesn't have a prayer.

Mayweather is a detestable piece of shit. A vulgar woman beating tax defaulter. People are buying into this fight in the hope than McGregor can somehow, miraculously land one of those explosive lefts on this guys and spark him out.

I agree with this. He isn't even an exciting boxer to watch. he is a master for sure and if you are in to the finer skills of boxing then he is the textbook. But if you want excitement look elsewhere. Mayweather stands off and picks his punches to score points with as little impact on himself as possible. He is very proud of not having his face hit very often. Basically he employs the tactics of amateur boxing. In 14 fights over 12 years he has only stopped two fighters.

But in the confines of boxing rules he will take McGregor to pieces. This is a fighting format that is highly technical. McGregor has simply not got those technical skills. He never even had an adult boxing match at amateur level.

Now in the octagon, different story, I would rate it 50/50.

Mayweather said he didn't care where the fight was and McGregor started shouting from the side "you do care, you do care" It was like listening to a a child's playground retort, hilarious.

Taylor

Quote from: PAULD123 on July 14, 2017, 11:29:07 AM

I agree with this. He isn't even an exciting boxer to watch. he is a master for sure and if you are in to the finer skills of boxing then he is the textbook. But if you want excitement look elsewhere. Mayweather stands off and picks his punches to score points with as little impact on himself as possible. He is very proud of not having his face hit very often. Basically he employs the tactics of amateur boxing. In 14 fights over 12 years he has only stopped two fighters.

But in the confines of boxing rules he will take McGregor to pieces. This is a fighting format that is highly technical. McGregor has simply not got those technical skills. He never even had an adult boxing match at amateur level.

Mayweather said he didn't care where the fight was and McGregor started shouting from the side "you do care, you do care" It was like listening to a a child's playground retort, hilarious.

What would you rate as 50/50 in the Octagon?

magpie seanie

Quote from: Taylor on July 14, 2017, 11:37:48 AM

Mayweather wouldn't last a minute in the octagon.

Taylor

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 14, 2017, 11:41:09 AM
Quote from: Taylor on July 14, 2017, 11:37:48 AM

Mayweather wouldn't last a minute in the octagon.

You are being kind MS - wouldnt even last a minute.

I doubt any sane person would think otherwise. Perhaps he meant something else

magpie seanie

I'd pay a lot of money to see McGregor get a go at Mayweather in the octagon.

nrico2006

In a real fight, in the Octagon, McGregor would kill Mayweather. Would love to see it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'