Mayweather v Mc Gregor

Started by Targetman, June 14, 2017, 11:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balladmaker

Mayweather will go through the motions for 3 or 4 rounds, before ending it at his choosing.  McGregor has never been in a fight with a fighter the quality of Mayweather, even if he is 40 now, not to forget that McGregor has never been in a boxing match of any note.

It's all about the money, but you have to hand it to McGregor, he landed the fight and the biggest pay day of his career by far.

Captain Obvious

I don't see this as much of a fight to be honest as McGregor will struggle to land a punch on Mayweather. I think Mayweather may well force McGregor into 12 rounds though and earn the big pay package a bit more.

Won't matter either way to McGregor anyway as he said a few years ago. Get in, get rich and get out!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 15, 2017, 10:57:38 AM
I am in actually in Vegas that weekend for a stag.

Have no interest in MMA but how would one go about getting tickets?  8)

Not the first hybrid fight even Ali fought a Japanese wrestler once

And who can forget this?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1_uCeBCYtU
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Iceman

watch the video of McGregor on the late late show 4 years ago - he made it to the UFC on a $20K to fight $20K to win contract, added some bonuses along the way...three years later he was the FW Champion of the World and the highest paid man on the roster....since then he added the LW title and made the Forbes Top 25 richest athletes....from the dole to that in about 4 years? And he's looking at in the region of $100million for this fight, a fight he talked himself in to.
I can only tip my hat to him.... I'll pay for the PPV - he deserves it. He'll more than likely be destroyed. But he doesn't care and neither do I...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

OgraAnDun

It's a win win situation for McGregor, no shame in losing and he walks away with an obscene amount of money. I know f/all about either MMA or boxing but 95% of the time McGregor does what he says he'll do so you never know what might happen.

Gabriel_Hurl

f**k it - just booked flights down for the weekend

Puckoon

You are gonna have a hell of a time! Just checked southwest airlines - close to being sold out that weekend.

Franko

Quote from: The Iceman on June 16, 2017, 03:02:13 PM
watch the video of McGregor on the late late show 4 years ago - he made it to the UFC on a $20K to fight $20K to win contract, added some bonuses along the way...three years later he was the FW Champion of the World and the highest paid man on the roster....since then he added the LW title and made the Forbes Top 25 richest athletes....from the dole to that in about 4 years? And he's looking at in the region of $100million for this fight, a fight he talked himself in to.
I can only tip my hat to him.... I'll pay for the PPV - he deserves it. He'll more than likely be destroyed. But he doesn't care and neither do I...

+1... except for the PPV bit...

gallsman

I don't think you'll find anyone who'll say anything other then McGregor has played an absolute blinder. He's managed to talk himself into enormously lucrative gig and in order to do so, just has to get beaten up for a bit. I'd happily fight Mayweather for the money being talked about.

Any rational person examining things sees one thing and one thing only - Floyd winning how and when he wants

omaghjoe

Mayweather can only win one way tho and it doesn involve beating anyone up.
Last time he did that musta been Gatti RIP. As mentioned before even his knockouts were dubious, Ortiz was a farcial sucker punch and Ricky "the Hitme" Hatton was a corner post.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Puckoon on June 16, 2017, 04:15:08 PM
You are gonna have a hell of a time! Just checked southwest airlines - close to being sold out that weekend.
Try JetBlue. I recently flew to LA for less than half the price Southwest was going to charge.

gawa316

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 16, 2017, 03:51:01 PM
f**k it - just booked flights down for the weekend

Where you flying from and how much? Do you plan on going to the fight?

Near $400 from Fresno which would near get me home! Thinking of maybe driving it...it's about a 6 hrs drive

Gabriel_Hurl

Toronto - Thursday to Sunday.

Not going to the fight but there'll be some buzz about the place.

snoopdog

Roll up roll up a circus. There will be plenty of fools to pay for this Nd bank roll these 2 arrogant pricks. Best of luck Floyd knock him out

gallsman

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 16, 2017, 06:13:01 PM
Mayweather can only win one way tho and it doesn involve beating anyone up.
Last time he did that musta been Gatti RIP. As mentioned before even his knockouts were dubious, Ortiz was a farcial sucker punch and Ricky "the Hitme" Hatton was a corner post.

What? You ain't think outclassing someone and landing shots at will on them without getting hit isn't beating someone up?! Daft.