Bonfires

Started by Wildweasel74, July 13, 2015, 01:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Am sure there a thread somewhere on here it but cant see it, for out southern friends who really wouldn't understand our July Bank holidays up here, here's a little hint.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/11141257_403973349807622_7723421611513004481_n.png?oh=e87f46a323aa1bb2e6466df08de41c64&oe=561BD1DD

Denn Forever

Unrest in Markets are when contractors came in to remove bonfire material being collected as a remenberadatence for date that internment came in force.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-40856210

Are there always bonfires on this date?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

JPGJOHNNYG

Nothing more embarrassing than a bunch of nationalists behaving like a bunch of loyalists. At least the local communities, politicians and every non dickhead call out this farce for what it is shame themuns cant do the same a few weeks earlier in July. Have to laugh at Pengellys concern about public property yet couldnt give a shit about the big bonfire in sandyrow damaging a nearby block of flats (sure its grand they have insurance was the response, not to mention it was just after Grenfell)
My only moan is that there doesnt seem to be the same willingness to remove all these illegal dumps in July but no probs at this time of the year funny eh.

Minder

Just hoods being hoods, most of them couldn't spell internment
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Owen Brannigan

Here's a 'yoof' programme from BBC3 looking at the DUP and bonfires:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p05b5w4x/stacey-dooley-investigates-the-billion-pound-party

Taylor

Very hard not to get involved in 'whatabouttery' on this one.

Nothing removed from bonfires in July and uproar when it was mentioned at the council meeting. Yet it seems it is ok to do it now.

I for one will be more than happy if every bonfire in the North is pulled down before it is lit.

Pity these boys involved wouldnt go out and get jobs or that the parents would control the kids involved

T Fearon

Is this a spat between SF and dissidents? SF seemed awfully keen to get new powers quickly through on bonfires at Belfast City Council last week.

Like most I wish all bonfires were done away with but I tend to agree with unionists,it's better to engage with communities than legislate,that's just the way of the world here.SF getting the flag removed from Belfast City Hall resulted in flags everywhere.I fear it will be the same next years regarding bonfires.

haranguerer

;D ;D ;D

That's right, I don't recall seeing any union jacks round the place before that. In any event, it was both SF and the SDLP.

You are completely deluded

Minder

Quote from: T Fearon on August 08, 2017, 02:05:52 PM
Is this a spat between SF and dissidents? SF seemed awfully keen to get new powers quickly through on bonfires at Belfast City Council last week.

Like most I wish all bonfires were done away with but I tend to agree with unionists,it's better to engage with communities than legislate,that's just the way of the world here.SF getting the flag removed from Belfast City Hall resulted in flags everywhere.I fear it will be the same next years regarding bonfires.

Good luck "engaging" with the hoods in Divis

T Fearon

Well the legislating strategy is working well also! ::)

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on August 08, 2017, 07:05:51 PM
Divis hoods wrecking their area makes the news on the eve of "internment night" but there isn't a word about it the other 364 days a year. The lowlifes hijack cars, burn them out, break into houses, beat random people up, intimidate people, steal workmen's tools, openly consume drink & drugs in the street and cause destruction to property in the area.....every night of every week and have been doing so for many years.

Yep

T Fearon

I thought the paramilitaries controlled these areas,on both sides.They must be doing it with their blessing?

T Fearon

😂😂😂😂😂. The paramilitaries control West Belfast,and East Belfast,and North Belfast.There must be a reason why they're turning a blind eye

T Fearon

Ffs,they've (in various guises,and more often than not,in response to the demands of local residents)  been policing West Belfast, and meting out "justice" for the last 40 years and more.As I say there must be a reason,most likely not wanting to exacerbate tensions between dissidents and Sinn Fein.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on August 08, 2017, 10:53:31 PM
Ffs,they've (in various guises,and more often than not,in response to the demands of local residents)  been policing West Belfast, and meting out "justice" for the last 40 years and more.As I say there must be a reason,most likely not wanting to exacerbate tensions between dissidents and Sinn Fein.

Tony stick to what you know about priests Catholic Church Celtic, Armagh and Portadown, as you clearly know f**k all about West Belfast
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea