Apple iOS 7

Started by Dougal Maguire, September 23, 2013, 10:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal Maguire

My young fella upgraded my iPad Mini to iOS7 at the weekend however it's draining the battery like mad. Anyone else experience similar problems?
Careful now

muppet

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 23, 2013, 10:55:02 PM
My young fella upgraded my iPad Mini to iOS7 at the weekend however it's draining the battery like mad. Anyone else experience similar problems?

You can't close the Apps the way you did before so if you don't do the tutorial they may all be running away in the back-ground.

Double click the home button as before but instead of pressing the App symbol just push the page that appears above it to the top of the screen. This will close all the Apps and save battery.
MWWSI 2017

GalwayBayBoy

Also heard if your battery is being drained by IOS 7 go to Settings------>General------>Background App Refresh-------> switch it OFF.

Few other tips

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/123770-ios-7-battery-tips-and-tricks-how-to-improve-your-battery-on-your-phone

Dougal Maguire

Thanks for that. I had already done some of those things. Fault appears to be with iOS7 so hopefully there'll be a bug fix soon
Careful now

giveherlong

Anyone else having bother with the iPhone dropping calls for no apparent reason or call failing when you are in an area with good coverage? On other phones I've had eg blackberry taking out the battery would usually do the trick

Shamrock Shore

IOS 7 is like the curate's egg.

My main gripe with it is the complete balls up between it and iTunes when it comes to backing up the auld iPhone onto the puter and synching my extensive music library.

Perhaps it just doesn't like Larry Cunningham, Margo and Hugo Duncan and Buckaroo  :-\

Have to flute around with the music manually and rely on iCloud for backups, which I don't trust 100%

BennyHarp

Quote from: giveherlong on October 27, 2013, 09:25:19 AM
Anyone else having bother with the iPhone dropping calls for no apparent reason or call failing when you are in an area with good coverage? On other phones I've had eg blackberry taking out the battery would usually do the trick

This is happening all the time to me. Been phoning O2 about it, never really thought that it may be the iPhone until now.
That was never a square ball!!

laoislad

Just buy an Android will ye for fecks sake.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

giveherlong

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 27, 2013, 10:20:14 AM
Quote from: giveherlong on October 27, 2013, 09:25:19 AM

This is happening all the time to me. Been phoning O2 about it, never really thought that it may be the iPhone until now.

Pure disaster. Happens all the time even in Belfast with full coverage. any fixes for it?