Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Ah that's crap news. Did she keep the illness quiet?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

seafoid

Quote from: TabClear on November 20, 2017, 03:03:13 PM
Remember watching Novotna's tears as a youngster when wimbledon was must see watching in the Summer. Was great to see her win it a few years later. RIP
It really was. She came across as a lovely person.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Avondhu star

Quote from: Orchard park on November 20, 2017, 05:03:53 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on November 20, 2017, 04:30:02 PM
Ah Ffs I didn't mean them in any malicious way.I meant them the way Denis Law intended when he spoke at George Best's funeral,during the service in the presence of the family,when he said and I quote "I am surprised Bestie turned up today!" Like me , he wasn't mocking a death either.

The mock outrage of the usual subjects here is hypocritical.Plenty of celebrity deaths on this Board have been greeted with absolute and genuine  glee,Margaret Thatcher for example.

so you knew and played with Jana then and know she would appreciate the "humour". Sad sad git

and Thatcher was a in charge of a murder machine not a tennis player just so you know the difference

And she stood up to a murder machine
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Avondhu star on November 20, 2017, 06:36:39 PM
Ah Ffs I didn't mean them in any malicious way.I meant them the way Denis Law intended when he spoke at George Best's funeral,during the service in the presence of the family,when he said and I quote "I am surprised Bestie turned up today!" Like me , he wasn't mocking a death either.

The mock outrage of the usual subjects here is hypocritical.Plenty of celebrity deaths on this Board have been greeted with absolute and genuine  glee,Margaret Thatcher for example.

so you knew and played with Jana then and know she would appreciate the "humour". Sad sad git

and Thatcher was a in charge of a murder machine not a tennis player just so you know the difference

No she didn't. She allowed MI5 to direct the killers to carry out  murders that suited the political agenda of the time. 

Orchard park

Quote from: Avondhu star on November 20, 2017, 06:36:39 PM

No she actually made it more polarised,  stood up to SFA, the rotten bitch......

ONeill

These discussions usually end amicably with one side agreeing the other was correct all along.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on November 20, 2017, 10:14:43 PM
These discussions usually end amicably with one side agreeing the other was correct all along.
Thatcher rescues Fearon.

seafoid

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 20, 2017, 10:57:27 PM
Quote from: ONeill on November 20, 2017, 10:14:43 PM
Thatcher rescues Fearon.
He is a Portadine version of Alan Partridge
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

heganboy

Jaysus- Tony context is everything, use your head man
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Tyrdub

What planet are you living on? It doesn't matter if you you didn't mean it in a malicious way, it just wasn't funny, it was downright sick.

And for you to then try and use Maggie Thatcher to deflect your ignorance is just as bad.

Don't know if you have ever tried it but an apology or admittance of your stupidity might have been better

Boycey

There is a semblance of a point to Tony's argument here.. His jokes are shite almost all the time pathetic even but were they said about different people or even by someone other than Tony they'd pass by almost unnoticed.

There a fair bit of playing the man not the ball going on..

AQMP

Quote from: Boycey on November 21, 2017, 09:17:54 AM
There is a semblance of a point to Tony's argument here.. His jokes are shite almost all the time pathetic even but were they said about different people or even by someone other than Tony they'd pass by almost unnoticed.

I agree.  There's a fair bit of "neck winding in" required here too.  Let's face it, the comment may have failed the first rule of comedy i.e. it wasn't funny, but there's a queue forming here to see who can be the first to be offended and who can be most offended.

AQMP

Quote from: ONeill on November 20, 2017, 05:29:04 PM
Ah that's crap news. Did she keep the illness quiet?

I think it had been covered in the news a couple of years ago when she was first diagnosed?

longballin

Quote from: AQMP on November 21, 2017, 09:47:08 AM

I agree.  There's a fair bit of "neck winding in" required here too.  Let's face it, the comment may have failed the first rule of comedy i.e. it wasn't funny, but there's a queue forming here to see who can be the first to be offended and who can be most offended.

not really - it is sick to use the death thread at every opportunity to make 'jokes' whoever is at it... then to use death of a young woman from cancer... ffs! time to grow up.

Tyrdub

Quote from: AQMP on November 21, 2017, 09:47:08 AM

Sorry boys but I don't agree with this, I personally have no gripe whatsoever with TF, but I do find that joke crass. As someone who has watched his wife suffer for 5 years with cancer I found that joke in poor taste.