Shaving Blades

Started by bennydorano, December 19, 2012, 08:36:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

I ditched the cartridge razors a year or two ago and bought myself one of the old style double edged safety razors for about €50. A pack of 100 blades which last for well over a year can be bought online for less than a tenner. Initially it takes a while to get the hang of it and it does take a few minutes extra to shave each morning but it's a much closer shave than the Gillette and Wilkinson Sword cartridge razors.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

bennydorano

No electric men? I used to use a pretty decent one at some point, but never could get used to it, always thought it was worse in the skin than the blade & soap.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: bennydorano on December 19, 2012, 05:22:48 PM
No electric men? I used to use a pretty decent one at some point, but never could get used to it, always thought it was worse in the skin than the blade & soap.

Don't like the feeling an electric shaver leaves after you use one.

Orior

Very disappointed.

I thought this thread was going to be about shaving babes.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on December 19, 2012, 05:22:48 PM
Electric here. Blades bring me out in an awful rash around the throat and although the electric razor isn't as close as a blade it does the job.

Had it at least 16 years and cost about 80 quid so a fiver a year isnt too shabby.

Bud Wiser

Theres a friend of mine, Paddy Drac (Google his pic and you get the drift) and a few years ago he got the gig of Santy Claus in the Square in Tallaght and a young lad comes in and pops up on his knee. Conversation goes like this;

Paddy; Hop up there, now,  are you a good boy.
Young Lad; Yeah.
Paddy; Well tell me what you would like me to bring you for Christmas.
Y.L. ;  Ah, well, blades anyway.
Paddy;  But shur your too young to be shaving?
Y.L.;   Roller blades ya f**king thick ya?
Paddy: (Little slap on the knee) Don't you curse at Santy or use that language or I'll bring you nothing.
Y.L  Starts bawling

Young lads Ma goes for Paddy and starts bating him, end of Santy Gig, Santy sacked.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

heganboy

Dollar shave club
http://youtu.be/ZUG9qYTJMsI

any excuse to show the best ad of the year...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

ziggy90

Quote from: Bud Wiser on December 19, 2012, 07:16:29 PM
Theres a friend of mine, Paddy Drac (Google his pic and you get the drift) and a few years ago he got the gig of Santy Claus in the Square in Tallaght and a young lad comes in and pops up on his knee. Conversation goes like this;

Paddy; Hop up there, now,  are you a good boy.
Young Lad; Yeah.
Paddy; Well tell me what you would like me to bring you for Christmas.
Y.L. ;  Ah, well, blades anyway.
Paddy;  But shur your too young to be shaving?
Y.L.;   Roller blades ya f**king thick ya?
Paddy: (Little slap on the knee) Don't you curse at Santy or use that language or I'll bring you nothing.
Y.L  Starts bawling

Young lads Ma goes for Paddy and starts bating him, end of Santy Gig, Santy sacked.

Brilliant.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

CiKe

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 19, 2012, 05:05:41 PM
I ditched the cartridge razors a year or two ago and bought myself one of the old style double edged safety razors for about €50. A pack of 100 blades which last for well over a year can be bought online for less than a tenner. Initially it takes a while to get the hang of it and it does take a few minutes extra to shave each morning but it's a much closer shave than the Gillette and Wilkinson Sword cartridge razors.

Did the same 5yrs ago, would never go back. Cut the face off myself for the first month but much much closer and don't have have to go over and over the same patch. I tend to be scruffy so twice a week max, pack of 10 does me for some time! Bought the brother one for Christmas one year. He'd have much heavier beard and never got used to it.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Very good Bud, can just imagine that one!  :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Bud Wiser

Paddy got a gig in Hush nightclub for Christmas and got in trouble again, something about telling one of the ladies where he would like to empty his sack. 
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

bennydorano

I've been going through a few new types of blades this year - caught by a bit of marketing gimmickery for a Cornerstone,  and Dorco, but surprisingly enough the new winner is a Bic! A much fancier updated one that the old disposable one - it's very impressive for head & face.

Seany

I've moved to Harry's recently. Far better. Cheaper. They work out what your needs are and then send you them each month.

bennydorano

That seems to be the new in thing, had that with Cornerstone and now again with Bic.