Premier League Thread 2012/2013

Started by laoislad, August 07, 2012, 06:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

QuoteIt tells you all you need to know when do many supporters can't wait for Lucas Leiva to return. He's a fair enough player but he wouldn't even  get into Everton's midfield.

wobbler, that line made any other sensible point in your post void
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

J OGorman

1. Man City - handy enough
2. Liverpool
3. Man Utd
4. Arsenal
5. Chelsea
6. Spurs

SPL
1. Celtic

ballinaman

1.Liverpool (handy)
2.Arsenal
3.Chelsea
4.Man City
5.Rangers
6.Spurs

12.Man United

;)

thewobbler

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 09, 2012, 01:24:22 PM
QuoteIt tells you all you need to know when do many supporters can't wait for Lucas Leiva to return. He's a fair enough player but he wouldn't even  get into Everton's midfield.

Ahead of Fellaini and Rodwell? In fairness, I'd call that a strong midfield pairing.

Bingo

Quote from: thewobbler on August 09, 2012, 02:11:26 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 09, 2012, 01:24:22 PM

Ahead of Fellaini and Rodwell? In fairness, I'd call that a strong midfield pairing.

You are in a hole, stop digging. Rodwell is barely first choice at Everton.

el_cuervo_fc

I thought he was fishing with that remark. Obviously not. He mustn't have seen Lucas play for the last few years.

EC Unique

Lucas was going really well up until his injury. It will be interesting to see if he can find that form again or will he revert back to the poor form he had a couple of seasons ago.

laoislad

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on August 09, 2012, 04:47:56 PM
I thought he was fishing with that remark. Obviously not. He mustn't have seen Lucas play for the last few years.

I did too that's why I didn't bother replying.
Lucas is one of the best midfielders in the Premier League IMO and was a huge loss to Liverpool last season.
Wouldn't get in the Everton midfield LOL  :D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

SHEEDY

Quote from: laoislad on August 09, 2012, 05:16:34 PM

Lucas is one of the best midfielders in the Premier League IMO and was a huge loss to Liverpool last season.
lucas is a good player but to say hes one of the best midfielders in the prem league is stretching it a bit.
nil satis nisi optimum

thewobbler

Stretching it around the world a few times.

He's a good player, nothing more.

Minder

Quote from: thewobbler on August 09, 2012, 07:45:28 PM
Stretching it around the world a few times.

He's a good player, nothing more.

So is Fellaini, nothing more.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Forever Green

Chelsea
City
Arsenal
Liverpool
Spurs
Newcastle

Wigan
WBA
Norwich

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: SHEEDY on August 09, 2012, 07:13:20 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 09, 2012, 05:16:34 PM

lucas is a good player but to say hes one of the best midfielders in the prem league is stretching it a bit.
I was at the Liverpool city game last year at anfield and Lucas was the best player on the park (one of his last PL games before injury), closely followed by Yaya

he is one of if not thee best defensive midfielders in the premier league
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

magpie seanie

I think more than half of Lucas' problem is that he is from Brazil and that fact made people have different expectations.