Mice help

Started by tyrone girl, December 01, 2011, 09:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone girl

Update is there are now 3 traps in the room and the sticky stuff in under my bed. Since thurs and no mice caught yet  :'( :'(

Anyway after everyone thinking i was defnitely imagining things we have a visitor staying in our house this weekend so he has been staying in my room. Noone mentions mice to him but first thing he says when he gets up this morning is "you have mice in that room"!!!! At least i know i aint going mad.
Anyway he said they are under the floorboards. I didnt think they were there cos they were as clear as day as if they were walking through the actual room. Im still convinced they arent under the floor. Anyway he has to stay in the room tonight and i havnt any notion of going back into it. Its doing my head in

Denn Forever

Quote from: tyrone girl on December 03, 2011, 02:00:38 PM
Update is there are now 3 traps in the room and the sticky stuff in under my bed. Since thurs and no mice caught yet  :'( :'(

Anyway after everyone thinking i was defnitely imagining things we have a visitor staying in our house this weekend so he has been staying in my room. Noone mentions mice to him but first thing he says when he gets up this morning is "you have mice in that room"!!!! At least i know i aint going mad.
Anyway he said they are under the floorboards. I didnt think they were there cos they were as clear as day as if they were walking through the actual room. Im still convinced they arent under the floor. Anyway he has to stay in the room tonight and i havnt any notion of going back into it. Its doing my head in

How big are the mice in Tyrone?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mylestheslasher

Try and get a floor board pulled up or loosen the lifting board and throw on some of the grains of poison. That's the only way to get them when they are under the floor boards.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Denn Forever on December 03, 2011, 02:39:07 PM

How big are the mice in Tyrone?

It's not that they are big, but they hunt in packs.

moysider

Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 03, 2011, 02:54:53 PM
Try and get a floor board pulled up or loosen the lifting board and throw on some of the grains of poison. That's the only way to get them when they are under the floor boards.

I wouldn t poison them indoors. If they die under boards they stink the place out and you ll have to rip up the floor to get them or abandon the room for weeks. Especially if they die near a hot pipe, they ll turn into a soup - not nice. Make sure there is a small opening to allow them get up and then trap them. They are very easily trapped - a day or two will clear them out with a few well positioned traps. Bait them with fried bacon fat, fried white pudding or nutella. They cant resist those, the poor craturs.

Minder

Anyway he said they are under the floorboards. I didnt think they were there cos they were as clear as day as if they were walking through the actual room. Im still convinced they arent under the floor. Anyway he has to stay in the room tonight and i havnt any notion of going back into it. Its doing my
head in

:o
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

muppet

I want to hear Ziggy's side of the story.
MWWSI 2017

JUst retired

Where is OLLY, He would have the solution to this problem. :D

moysider

Spotting a mouse in the shed, I went out yesterday and bought a humane trap in the co-op,  that supposedly can catch 10 at a time. I baited it up anyway and only rememember to check it a few minutes ago to find 3 inside - it has clear plastic top.

They enter through a one-way only entrance and are completely unharmed.

Now what do I do? Let them go in a woodland or bog area away from buildings?

Kill them and how? I could submerge the whole rig in water and drown them but I m told it would take 3 mins for them to die like that - hardly humane?

There is nobody I dislike enough to dump them in their yard or restaurant ;D

Onion Bag

Throw it in the fire
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Hardy

That's a great question that raises all sorts of possibilities.

If you hate cats like me ... Sorry. Let me start again, I'm not a cat.

If, like me, you hate cats, you could wait until you collect enough of them, then capture a cat and tie it down with wire and pegs and things. Now, arm your mice with sharpened cat claws (the beauty of this is the dozen or so cats you'll have to capture and declaw - not while alive, of course) and let them at it in revenge for the millions of their species that have been slowly tortured to death by cats.

moysider

Quote from: Onion Bag on July 05, 2012, 05:05:29 PM
Throw it in the fire

It s reusable and that would ruin it.

Aaron Boone

Mice and rats total and utter vermin, any chance get rid.

Humane trap too PC for me.

moysider

Rats are a different league altogether. No mercy

oisinog

All you need to do is shut the door and stay in the room with a hurl until the wee fecker shows its face