Mice help

Started by tyrone girl, December 01, 2011, 09:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niall Quinn

Quote from: Hardy on December 01, 2011, 04:09:07 PM
You just need a recording of a cat.

It's not a great listen that - 24 hours of silence interspersed with 90 seconds of purring and 12 meows.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

tyrone girl

Me mother has gone bought some american style mousetrap whatever that is. There bait already in it or something that attracts mice apparently. She has got that and sticky stuff so both will go into the room tonight and hope for best.  :'( :'(

AZOffaly

Quote from: tyrone girl on December 01, 2011, 04:47:04 PM
Me mother has gone bought some american style mousetrap whatever that is. There bait already in it or something that attracts mice apparently. She has got that and sticky stuff so both will go into the room tonight and hope for best.  :'( :'(

Main Street

You have to figure out where the mice get into the house and concentrate the traps in that locality.
My mouse kill count has reached genocidal proportions, these past 15 years.

At this present time I have about 10 traps on the go around the outside of the house and nab about 4 on average every night.
Even though the house is under relentless attack, a mouse getting in would be a rare enough event.
The problem is these feckers can't find there way out, they usually end up in the kitchen and you can see them having a peep out from under the dishwasher. A glue trap there, usually does the trick with those malingerers.

Years ago I tried a few of the humane traps, I suppose they are humane if you get to the trapped creature in time.
I thought I would use them so my daughter would get used to them. We would have a little ritual where we would drive somewhere and release the mouse. So she grew up without a fear of mice. If a mouse ran across the kitchen floor, she wouldn't be in the least bothered.
But if there is a spider anywhere, she freaks, hides in her room until the spider is located and transferred.
So I went to all that trouble so she wouldn't be afraid, but it only works on one fear.

Hardy

The Lord Mayor of Belfast's Mammy and Daddy should have trapped little child cadets when he was small and driven out into the country and released them.

Main Street

Is that the deadly sign, of a lingering thread transference hysteria, veering into horror imagination?
That's a hard one to keep a handle on.

cokers

Quote from: hardstation on December 01, 2011, 01:49:13 PM
I know a boy who put down the sticky stuff. The mice made a bridge over it and ate the chocolate.
They'd be circus mice. I bet thon one outta the green mile could do that.

DownFanatic

Buy two mice. Put them in a large box from which they can't escape. Do not feed them. After a few days both will be ravenous. Inevitably one of the mice wil eat the other mouse. This will give him/her a taste for mouse blood. Let the surviving mouse run free. It will stick around the locality and will instantly kill any other mouse that is knocking about.

Hashtag

Dress as a mouse. Learn their habits. Become one of them. Be the mouse. Only then will you know how to catch them. Learn what they are thinking.

brokencrossbar1

DAC (the sticky stuff) is a good job and we would always have used it over the years.  The wee shits basically starve to death or sometimes what they do is they try to gnaw their own legs off to escape, that's not a nice sight :o The mother found mice shit in the bed the other week so she laid traps and had one of the buggers caught that night.  The next night she got the other one.  Normally if you get them early you will only have 2-3.  If the feckers start humping you're screwed (as opposed to them being screwed).  I hate cats and wouldn't have them about the house (we have 3 dogs) but luckily we have 3-4 neighbours have cats and they keep the vermin down I would imagine.  We live right onto a field and a forest so there are plenty of the buggers around.  There was flooding next door with the heavy rain and a big hoor of a rat went running through the back garden with our Jack Russell flying after it, quite funny!

Square Ball

well TG any update on mousewatch? have you got any of them yet?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Carmen Stateside

In the states here most mice are found in or around sofas, its usually were they bread.  Should lay a trap close to the sofa and see will you have any luck.
If not a flash light and a hurl.

Square Ball

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on December 03, 2011, 01:16:36 PM
In the states here most mice are found in or around sofas, its usually were they bread.  Should lay a trap close to the sofa and see will you have any luck.

jez dont tell her that, she will have to leave the house :D ;D
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Square Ball on December 03, 2011, 01:20:03 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on December 03, 2011, 01:16:36 PM

jez dont tell her that, she will have to leave the house :D ;D

Sofas or beds...that's the favourite spot for them.  They like keeping the young nice and warm, if there are none caught yet I reckon that they've nested and are ready for babies.

the waffler

ya need to find where they are gettin in the smallest of holes high r low the c***ts get in anywhere get the place sealed up then catch whats in the house they not do ya any harm only lookin a bit o heat