the new and improved official irish republican news thread

Started by true ulster gael, March 08, 2007, 02:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

true ulster gael

Quote from: The Iceman on March 08, 2007, 03:41:52 PM
admin - seriously this lad needs to go and to the man himself you have no right to use Cormac's pic as your avatar.  If you knew him (which I doubt - cause then I would probably know you) then you would know he would want nothing to do with your right wing opinions or the rest of the crap you spew out.
i dont know where to start laughing at readin that
right wing?

true ulster gael

Statement from Ruairí Ó Brádaigh, President, Republican Sinn Féin
March 9, 2007

Given the almost total media blackout of Republican Sinn Féin during the Stormont election the results for its candidates were only as expected. Even the name of Republican Sinn Féin was suppressed by the Stormont régime's electoral body and a compliant media followed suit. Our candidates were styled "Independents", taking away our coherent strategy and sense of direction.

Although not registered as a "party" at Leinster House for 40 years, the media in the 26 Counties do not class Republican Sinn Féin candidates as "Independents", but treat them as an organised body.   

Indeed, on the TG4 television programme Seacht Lá on polling day, a commentator [Tomás Tiernan] stated that there was a complete block on publicity for Republican Sinn Féin and that there appeared to have been an agreement between the various channels to this effect.   

The result was, that denied publicity and even their organisation's name, our six candidates were consigned to a welter of Independent candidates, without the distinction of the Republican Sinn Féin title and direction. Of course the harassment by the RUC/PSNI of our election workers continued during the campaign.   

As to the general results, the DUP is moving towards a monolithic Unionist Party such as existed up to the 1960s . With its increased vote it will impose even more humiliating terms on the Provisionals.   

The Provos, for their part, will go on to consolidate English rule here, to lead away from Irish national independence and secure lucrative positions of power for their leadership within the system.   

For Republican Sinn Féin the task must be to build support, to expose the direction of the Provisional leadership and the mis-use of the unionist population by their leaders and by unscrupulous English governments.   

GweylTah

lynchbhoy

ruairi obradaigh has had his day. Wheel him back in and park him.

I loved mountain dew in the states. Pity its full of chemicals etc and cannot be sold in the EU.
Also think it has changed its taste since about 10 years ago. Not as nice as I remembered

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Take Your Points on March 11, 2007, 10:35:50 AM
QuoteAlso think it has changed its taste since about 10 years ago. Not as nice as I remembered

Do you not think that is true for many foods that we liked years ago?  Is it not also possible that as we age our taste buds change and our memories soften to believe that we really liked it in the past?  I have found the same change with Kellogs Cornflakes, Wagon Wheels, Snowballs and a few others but the only thing that seems the same is Cadbury's Snack!
Cadbury's snack...mmmm.  I use to love wagon wheels but can't stand them now!  It's the same with northern cheese and onion crisps, they've been making them more and more cheesier.  Salt n Vineger are more vinegary too.  Since my taste buds have never changed and I eat the same things I did when I was 12 I think we can rule that out.  They just don't make things like they use to!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

true ulster gael

Provisional Sinn Féin in Derry has been campaigning for years to get an irish-medium secondary school closed down so that another one can be set up under their control. Now it looks like they have achieved their goal and the school wil be closed from September.

History:

For about twenty years now, Derry Irish language enthusiasts have worked to establish a full Irish-medium primary and secondary education facility in the city. From the beginning it was a non-party political project and it still is. The first primary school, Bunscoil Cholmcille was started, got recognition and prospered. Then a secondary school, Meánscoil Dhoire was formed to provide for those pupils leaving the Bunscoil who wanted to continue their education through Irish. They did not have official recognition, and were forced to move between several ramshackle premises and scraped and worked to get it going and in 1998 the first students sat for their GCSE's. In the end they joined St Brigid's High School in Shantallow as an "Irish medium unit" on a separate site, to be eligible for government funding. Several naíscoileanna and two other bunscoileanna were started and the prospect looked good for the meánscoil because it seemed likely that there would be more intake from these bunscoileanna as soon as their pupils went through.

The Provos start sniffing around

But it didn't happen. At first it was reported that the head of one of the bunscoileanna, Gaelscoil Éadain Mhóir (a shinner), was telling their pupils not to go to the meánscoil. This seemed strange (some people started to suggest that it could have something to do with a possible grant of £2-3 million to extend that bunscoil as a "middle school" up to age 14 and then to develop further to 16 - under provo control). It didn't seem fair to those who had had to work under dreadful conditions to establish a meánscoil, only to have their work undermined by others who had own power agenda (and of course higher salaries would be involved for the headmaster and others! but maybe that's not relevant). Others who were pushing this agenda were Gearóid Ó hÉara, and Donncha Mac Niallais, both provo counsellers who are on the bunscoil's board of governers. Other members of this group then started a malisious whispering campaign against the Meánscoil, spreading false stories of teachers throwing chairs around, etc. Supporters of the Meánscoil put it down to Derry being a small place, jealousy, etc.
So it went on for several years and intake to the Meánscoil dropped from the moment this campaign started.

PSF strikes

Now, in the last few months, several things have happened. First, "Comhairle na Gaelscoilíochta", the body purporting to reperesent all the Irish-medium schools in the Six Counties, posted out a questionnaire to all parents of children in the bunscoileanna asking them for their support for setting up a "proper second-level school in Derry". This seemed strange considering that this body is supposed to represent the interests of the Meánscoil as well, until it was seen that the questionnaires were sent out by Réamaí Mathers - you guessed it, another provo, and good pal of Gearóid Ó hÉara. People protested, and Réamaí promised that he would send out another letter to correct this misinformation - it never happened.
Then, within a few weeks, Gearóid Ó hÉara and friends called a "closed" meeting in the city library for parents who would be interesting in setting up the provo meánscoil, and 150 attended. (where had their children been going to school all this time?), and the CCMS (the controling body of catholic schools).announced that they intended to close the school, a week later. A few days later, the teachers of the Meánscoil were told.
This means that the provos and comhailre na gaelscoilíochta were all in the know about what the CCMS intended long before the teachers themselves and it is obvious the Comhairle was secretly backing the provos all this time.
Another development yesterday was when Gearóid Ó hÉara was confronted about all this while he was shopping in Sainsbury's, he said that the teachers of the meánscoil would be "cleaned out", as they intended to start again from the very bottom.
This leaves the teachers of the meánscoil summarily dismissed and the pupils made to suddenly change to an English-medium school mid-course.

A couple of questions to any shinners reading this:
(1) Does PSF think this is a proper way to treat people who have made great sacrifices to build Irish-medium provision? Is it worthwhile to undermine a school so that they could have control of another one?
(2) Does PSF think this is a proper ways to deal with teachers as employees? Is this how they regard trade unionists?
(3) How much of the money going to be granted for their project will be unaccounted for, just as happened with the huge amount of money spent in the Conradh na Gaeilge headquarters in Derry - where the full-time receptionist doesn't even speaks Irish (but has good "connections")

Is this the way that PSF will gain power in Ireland - with a ballot paper in one hand and a backroom committee in the other?

ONeill

What are your opinions on white mice, the sweetie ones?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

true ulster gael

Quote from: GweylTah on March 10, 2007, 11:37:49 PM
Has your wet-dream Mr McGeough been released yet?
mc geough is still under ruc captivity

SlimShady

far rather have the brown chocolate mice. the ones with the strawberry stuff inside them were lethal!

true ulster gael

i am now warning that if other people keep spoiling my threads i will spoil theirs at random
take notice

SlimShady

GweylTah

Quote from: true ulster gael on March 12, 2007, 09:53:24 AM
i am now warning that if other people keep spoiling my threads i will spoil theirs at random
take notice

Vague and misleading warnings - a bit like your hereoes bombs.

true ulster gael

Quote from: GweylTah on March 12, 2007, 10:18:48 AM
Quote from: true ulster gael on March 12, 2007, 09:53:24 AM
take notice

Vague and misleading warnings - a bit like your hereoes bombs.
you got the heros bit right
even if your spelling is not

EC Unique