Champions League (Last 16)

Started by sammymaguire, December 17, 2010, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Not really Ross, Arsenal would have attacked more knowing that they could have scored 6/7 goals.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ross4life

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2011, 10:54:32 PM
Not really Ross, Arsenal would have attacked more knowing that they could have scored 6/7 goals.

You do know they played with a left back & midfielder in the centre of defense & Arsenal only made two touches in the barca goal area all night.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Main Street

Don't forget that Barca scored 3 times and still couldn't get far clear of Arsenal, a team who didn't have a shot on target all game. A miracle of sorts.

AZOffaly

Quote from: ross4life on March 08, 2011, 11:02:52 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2011, 10:54:32 PM

You do know they played with a left back & midfielder in the centre of defense & Arsenal only made two touches in the barca goal area all night.

'Made two touches in the Barca goal area all night'? That sounds like some fella called Chuck Spangelbeur on ESPNFOXTV in the States :D

Woweee, two touches in the Barca goal area all night, while the Gunner Squad could only watch as the Messimeister had two scoring marks of his own into the Arsenal Goal Net, you gatta love this soccerball.

Capt Pat

Did anyone notice when Messi scored the opening goal with a brilliant finish the 2 English commentators on sky I think went off on a rant about Fabregas giving the ball away and never mentioned the brillilant skill of messi. I thought it was a bit ridiculous to be fair. Maybe they don't like Fabregas.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4zwOCVykP8

Main Street

The Irish TV3 commentary pair were a jingoistic farce. On that Messi goal, (the dink, lob and volley) Lawro needed 3 looks at it before he conceded that Messi was not lucky.
For the Arsenal goal, despite the ball dropping between 3 Barca defenders, they thought an Arsenal player had got a clear header on the ball.
If a Barca player went down, he wasn't touched.

ross4life

Does anyone feel AC Milan can turn it around & win at WHL tonight? some very tasty odds on them doing so.

*happy now RLL?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

laoislad

Quote from: ross4life on March 09, 2011, 04:42:35 PM
Does anyone feel AC Milan can turn it around & win at WTL tonight? some very tasty odds on them doing so.

Where?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Hoof Hearted

First 4 teams through to 1/4 finals :

Barcelona
Shaktar Donetsk
Schalke 04
Tottenham

Some odds on that back in September !!

Next weeks should (maybe) be easier to predict.

Man U
Chelsea
Real
Inter

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

sammymaguire

Another open draw next week for the Quarters?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Hoof Hearted

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Hoof Hearted

laoislad

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on March 09, 2011, 09:48:13 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on March 09, 2011, 09:44:19 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on March 09, 2011, 09:43:27 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on March 09, 2011, 09:42:03 PM
Another open draw next week for the Quarters?

yep, no restrictions

God help the team that get Barca

i hope its the mancs !

Shakhtar Donetsk already penciled in for them should they progress.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Main Street

Spurs are through but something tells me I was watching the wrong game tonight.