Slane 2011

Started by beer baron, October 29, 2010, 02:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

Kings of Leon announced,very disappointed,their music has been getting dramatically worse as the years go on and they play here a couple of times a year,there'd better be some serious supporting acts announced or it'll be a joke!

David McKeown

I'm very excited by Kings of Leon and have thought their last two albums have been their best yet
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

BenDover

when do the tickets go on sale for this?

General Release tickets will go on sale from 8am on Friday 5th November 2010 through www.ticketmaster.ie

mc_grens

Quote from: David McKeown on October 29, 2010, 02:48:18 PM
I'm very excited by Kings of Leon and have thought their last two albums have been their best yet

Should there be a sacasm alert on this? Come Around Midnight is definitely an improvement over Only By The Night, but neither album is a patch on any of the first three.

Lawrence of Knockbride

I haven't heard the new one but their last one was terrible. I agree completely with Beer Baron. Third one gets an ok for trying something a little different but still wasn't great.

Boycey

Have to say I was underwhelmed when I saw who the headliners were but in fairness it'd probably take Led Zeppelin with their original four members to entice me to an outdoor festival/gig nowadays, I'm getting old.

ross4life

Slane has never appealed to me & reading stories from previous years it would hardly inspire me to go anytime soon! I would save my money for one of the English/European outdoor concerts that are run properly.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

vav

Bon Jovi in the RDS in June and KOL in Slane in August.. next year is looking set to be a good concert year  ;D

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: vav on October 29, 2010, 04:54:12 PM
Bon Jovi in the RDS in June and KOL in Slane in August.. next year is looking set to be a good concert year  ;D

Bon Jovi and Kings of Leon in the same sentence
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

ross4life

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 29, 2010, 05:16:22 PM

Which one don't you like & why?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

vav

Two great bands.. What's the issue??  ::)

Maguire01

Quote from: vav on October 29, 2010, 05:48:13 PM

I think they go pretty well in the same sentence.

Maguire01

Quote from: mc_grens on October 29, 2010, 04:07:05 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on October 29, 2010, 02:48:18 PM

Should there be a sacasm alert on this? Come Around Midnight is definitely an improvement over Only By The Night, but neither album is a patch on any of the first three.
The clocks are meant to go back this weekend, not forward. It's Come Around Sundown.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 29, 2010, 06:26:40 PM
Quote from: vav on October 29, 2010, 05:48:13 PM

I think they go pretty well in the same sentence.
So do I.

David McKeown

Maybe its because I have listened to Come Around Sundown a lot recently that I like it so much. Only by the night is one of only three albums I have ever bought twice.  Once for the house and once for the car.

Also is Slane not in May this year rather than August?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner