Brian Kerr brings Faroes to Belfast

Started by Jim_Murphy_74, February 08, 2010, 10:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Kerr is a bitter sort especially re the FAI, Trap and Brady.

re the non selection of Keith Fahey

"The overlooking of Keith Fahey is disappointing, but unsurprising.

Maybe he needs an Italian club manager to make his case? One hopes his previous spats as an immature youth with Liam Brady and Don Givens while at Arsenal are not being held against him."

Brian is partial to revealing vindictive gossip.
Maybe Brian doesn't realise that not everybody bears a grudge from a dispute never mind carry it around with them in their back pocket for years, dragging it out on occasion to have good sniff to feel miserable and sour.

But I do have a problem with the pursuit of lads who have played for Northern Ireland at underage level – in Duffy's case even up to under-21. If either had declared for the Republic when they were younger then fine, but once a fella gets to 17, 18 we shouldn't be dizzy trying to get them.
Fair enough, that's Kerr's opinion. FIFA had allowed a lad to change up to the age of 21, now they have no age limit on a change.
The FAI only answer the phone should a young natural born Irish citizen think he is good enough to be considered for the FAI. McCaffery (the FAI underage manager) did not pursue Shane Duffy. He made it plain and clear that Shane first decides.

Declan

He's right re Fahey and Ward's non selection though

Rav67

I see he even refers to the "Belfast Agreement" like a proper unionist!

Main Street

Quote from: Declan on March 02, 2010, 01:39:04 PM
He's right re Fahey and Ward's non selection though
Which bit or all bits?
the disapointment ? the lack of surprise because Trap 30 years in the game can't make his own judgement? or Brady carrying around a grudge over some supposed spat 10 years ago?

The Worker

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on March 02, 2010, 12:08:04 PM
An unlikely friend for OWC:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2010/0302/1224265432025.html

/Jim.

Reads to me that he is trying to butter up the holigan element of the OWC fans who intend on giving him a rough ride.

Doubt he will get anything out of the 2 games, but you never know.

deiseach

Quote from: The Worker on March 02, 2010, 06:20:59 PM
Reads to me that he is trying to butter up the holigan element of the OWC fans who intend on giving him a rough ride.

More like buttering up Irish Times readers

magickingdom

as ever with him hes full of inconsistencies, its ok to pick from england because their big but not ni because their neighbours. .  bollix - no one is getting poached - their irish

Ulick

Looks like he is after a job. Let's face it after the Faroes he doesn't have too many options.

Main Street

He is doing well with the Faroes and is a good manager.
But there's nothing more bitter than a whiney moaning Dub with a load of chips on his shoulder.