FAO Doctors/Pharmacists/Chemists

Started by 118cmal, January 19, 2010, 12:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone girl

If your on benefits you dont pay for them, but as far as i was aware the rest of us had to pay. Im open to correction though. Think they are all to be free from april 2010.

Dinny Breen

But you only pay a nominal fee, not the full cost of the script...no?
#newbridgeornowhere

tyrone girl

What would the full cost be? I havnt a clue.

delboy

Quote from: tyrone girl on January 19, 2010, 01:05:19 PM

£3 at the moment, used to be closer to £7, due to be abolished altogether come april.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: tyrone girl on January 19, 2010, 12:54:45 PM
If your on benefits you dont pay for them, but as far as i was aware the rest of us had to pay. Im open to correction though. Think they are all to be free from april 2010.
you dont pay for them if you've some medical conditions, I dont pay for mine. 

and no, dr would never know you didnt lift the stuff from the chemist, unless he's suspicious and decides to pick up the phone
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Dinny Breen

Anything from £10 to £80 or more even, we'd be quite envious of that system in the South. Only medical card holders get free scripts down here.
#newbridgeornowhere

thebigfella

Quote from: 118cmal on January 19, 2010, 12:28:52 PM
I'm afraid TG is correct.  An acquaintance (certainly not a friend) has been going to the doctor claiming depression to help him extend the deadlines for coursework and as an excuse for missing class.   I was in his room and saw a number of prescription leaflets for an anti-depressant that he had received from the doctor but obviously never used.  Pisses me off no end!  >:(

So is there really no way the doctor would ever know that he hadn't actually received the drugs from the pharmacy?

I couldn't believe that it would be that easy.

So what, who made you the Uni police? My suggestion is get on with your own work and forget about what other people do, his actions certainly won't affect your work (unless you happen to get lumped with him in a group project but then again that may play into your hands  ;)).

delboy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 19, 2010, 02:02:50 PM

Anything from £10 to £80 or more even, we'd be quite envious of that system in the South. Only medical card holders get free scripts down here.

What rate do you pay national insurance at down there (i assume it exists on top of income tax) something in the order of 11 % up here.

tyrone girl

Quote from: delboy on January 19, 2010, 01:26:16 PM

£3 at the moment, used to be closer to £7, due to be abolished altogether come april.

See my above posts - know all that. Was only questioning what the apparent full charge is. That is what we pay

delboy

Quote from: tyrone girl on January 19, 2010, 02:21:48 PM
Quote from: delboy on January 19, 2010, 01:26:16 PM

See my above posts - know all that. Was only questioning what the apparent full charge is. That is what we pay

How longs a peice of string, for some scripts like cheap antibiotics a few pence/pounds would cover it, for other drugs such as recombinant proteins like interferon or monoclonal antibody treatments a single script could potentially cost the system thousands.

Dinny Breen

QuoteWhat rate do you pay national insurance at down there (i assume it exists on top of income tax) something in the order of 11 % up here.

Employees pay anything between 4% to 9% depending on income and Employers pay an additional 8.5% on top of that.
#newbridgeornowhere

tyrone girl

On that note - i have two national insurance numbers - could i not start fiddling the old system some way  :o

118cmal

Quote from: thebigfella on January 19, 2010, 02:21:16 PM
Quote from: 118cmal on January 19, 2010, 12:28:52 PM
I'm afraid TG is correct.  An acquaintance (certainly not a friend) has been going to the doctor claiming depression to help him extend the deadlines for coursework and as an excuse for missing class.   I was in his room and saw a number of prescription leaflets for an anti-depressant that he had received from the doctor but obviously never used.  Pisses me off no end!  >:(

So is there really no way the doctor would ever know that he hadn't actually received the drugs from the pharmacy?

I couldn't believe that it would be that easy.

So what, who made you the Uni police? My suggestion is get on with your own work and forget about what other people do, his actions certainly won't affect your work (unless you happen to get lumped with him in a group project but then again that may play into your hands  ;)).

And who made you the internet police?

No, in my opinion he is just digging a hole for himself and will live to regret delaying exams and coursework.  In the end he still has to do it!  I agree, nothing to do with my work, and won't affect any marks I get!  I was just surprised someone could cheat the system so easily, that's all!

tyrone girl

You are surprised that someone can cheat the system so easily? R u serious?

118cmal

Yes I am serious!  Obviously very naive on my behalf!