Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Great time sheedy. Belfast is a tough marathon.

laoislad

Well done Sheedy.
I see Bingo ran a 2:54 at the Limerick Marathon yesterday.
Crazy times some of ye lads are capable of!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

UlsterMan2

Excellent from Laura Graham, did Co Down proud.

Milltown Row2

Lisburn half marathon and 10K race tonight, the heat was rotten! Massive turn out and well marshalled as usual, new route since I last done it not too many hills but you feel them all the same!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rois

Arrived in the Alps, my husband is doing the Mont Blanc Cross (14m trail run) as part of the Marathon du Mont Blanc festival. It is currently 32.5 degrees. The run's on Saturday, albeit at 8am but there's a net elevation gain of 1k in his run. I feel so sorry for him!
I will wait at the cafe on top of the ski bubble...

mrdeeds

Anyone ever do the 5km in Kilcock? Hearing it's a great course for PBs.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on June 22, 2017, 01:42:43 PM
Arrived in the Alps, my husband is doing the Mont Blanc Cross (14m trail run) as part of the Marathon du Mont Blanc festival. It is currently 32.5 degrees. The run's on Saturday, albeit at 8am but there's a net elevation gain of 1k in his run. I feel so sorry for him!
I will wait at the cafe on top of the ski bubble...

Now that sounds like a challenge, not sitting in cafe though

Morning shouldn't be too bad! But the elevation will kill him! Ran every day in Tenerife first thing in the morning, the place was rammed with runners, never seen anyone running after 9
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ballinaman

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 22, 2017, 03:01:47 PM
Anyone ever do the 5km in Kilcock? Hearing it's a great course for PBs.
Ya, it's rapid. Narrow start but it's a great race.

magpie seanie

Guys - every year I aim for the Warriors run when i'm upping the distance and getting into really good nick I seem to get run down and pick up sore throats, colds, flu etc that I can't shake off. Same thing happening again at the moment. I'm taking a multivitamin (centrum) and my diet is pretty good.....eating a lot more fruit and veg than in previous years. Have a pretty serious health scare earlier in the year that resulted in an operation but thankfully a full recovery and have been building myself up gradually. Doing 10k on my long runs now and don't want a layoff now but haven't run in 5 days due to feeling shite. Any advice on how to boost myself?

No1

Seanie, what distance is the Warriors? Sounds to me (by no means an expert) that you aren't getting enough rest. If you are working long hours and fitting in a heap of family stuff alongside your training then you are in danger of getting run down. I'm only speaking from personal experience so there is nothing scientific about what I'm saying. Are you getting a good nights sleep and taking a couple of rest days a week? If not, you might wanna sort that out, if you can!

As LL says, glad to hear you are recovering well.

laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 07, 2017, 09:45:52 PM
Guys - every year I aim for the Warriors run when i'm upping the distance and getting into really good nick I seem to get run down and pick up sore throats, colds, flu etc that I can't shake off. Same thing happening again at the moment. I'm taking a multivitamin (centrum) and my diet is pretty good.....eating a lot more fruit and veg than in previous years. Have a pretty serious health scare earlier in the year that resulted in an operation but thankfully a full recovery and have been building myself up gradually. Doing 10k on my long runs now and don't want a layoff now but haven't run in 5 days due to feeling shite. Any advice on how to boost myself?
Good to hear you're recovering well.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 07, 2017, 09:45:52 PM

Try something else! Another cardio type training to vary the workout... circuits, pump, attack, spin! Just to break the monotony of always running

laoislad

I see the Dublin Marathon has sold out 3 months early!
Anyone doing it?
Not doing it myself this year, not that I could now even if I wanted too now it's sold out!

magpie seanie

Lads - thanks for the good wishes. I'm feeling a lot better and managed 12.3k around most of the route of the Warriors Run on Saturday. Always a psychological boost to have that done. The race itself is 15k but approx 3k of that is off the road, the final part of the climb (on private land, only accessible the week of the race and the main part of the descent on the tourist trail path). So I'm going ok. I'm even slower than I was but I'm not too bothered so long as I get around. Legs a bit stiff so I'll have to take the wrapping off the foam roller and work out how to use it!

heffo

Quote from: laoislad on July 12, 2017, 06:11:46 PM
I see the Dublin Marathon has sold out 3 months early!
Anyone doing it?
Not doing it myself this year, not that I could now even if I wanted too now it's sold out!

Am signed up