A5 WTC (New Road from Aughnacloy to Derry)

Started by Hereiam, June 08, 2009, 11:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: square_ball on February 20, 2024, 10:38:12 PM
Quote from: marty34 on February 20, 2024, 05:56:13 PMWee Jeff seriously annoyed that this is happening. He's luke warm that it's happening, obviously can't refuse it but it's through gritted teeth.

I see some farmer on that A5 road annoyed that he's losing land. He was probably one of the lads who was holding it up. Sew it into him as some many unecessary deaths on that road recently because of these reviews etc.

For unionists, it must be this on one day and on the same day, the Brits looking for the wee 6 to raise more money.

Yip he is Hamilton Hassard part of the Alternative A5 Alliance who have been against the upgrade from the word go.

That a**hole shouldn't be given one second of airtime. Countless young lives wasted cos a bigoted tr**p like him doesn't want to see a road connecting Derry n Dublin. Going on about high quality agricultural land. It's not County Meath you headbanger!

seafoid

Quote from: trailer on February 20, 2024, 01:24:02 PMGreat news for us in the west.
I didn't know you were from Mayo, Trailer. Or are you a Rossie ? #Jaysus
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

LeoMc

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 20, 2024, 10:54:48 PM
Quote from: marty34 on February 20, 2024, 05:56:13 PMWee Jeff seriously annoyed that this is happening. He's luke warm that it's happening, obviously can't refuse it but it's through gritted teeth.

I see some farmer on that A5 road annoyed that he's losing land. He was probably one of the lads who was holding it up. Sew it into him as some many unecessary deaths on that road recently because of these reviews etc.

For unionists, it must be this on one day and on the same day, the Brits looking for the wee 6 to raise more money.

Yip he is Hamilton Hassard part of the Alternative A5 Alliance who have been against the upgrade from the word go.

That a**hole shouldn't be given one second of airtime. Countless young lives wasted cos a bigoted tr**p like him doesn't want to see a road connecting Derry n Dublin. Going on about high quality agricultural land. It's not County Meath you headbanger!

I didn't see him, but I did see an interview with another Protestant farmer who could lose up to 50 acres(!). He was all for it and quite emotional as he knew someone killed on the road. "No blade of grass is worth more than someone's life"

LeoMc

Quote from: AustinPowers on February 20, 2024, 08:23:57 PM
Quote from: marty34 on February 20, 2024, 08:11:56 PMSouthern by-pass for Enniskillen given the green light by O'Dowd.  A good news day all-round today.

This should help the town centre in Enniskillen plus benefit the link up to Sligo.

All roads, if you pardon the pun, points to an All-Ireland agenda. Logistically getting ready for it.

Good to see.

I'd imagine Unionists  lately  feel like they are  being cast adrift from their mothership,  and slowly being  absorbed by osmosis into a United Ireland .

Albeit a mothership who has  screwed them over time and time again . Although , they'll still  be blindly loyal to a  land who  is clearly trying to get  rid of them.

Time for  the DUP to talk about  the bridge to Scotland again

Heard an interview with the deputy leader of the TUV on GMU this morning. He was easier in the ear than Jim but spent his time bemoaning the neglect by GB.

Armagh18

Quote from: LeoMc on February 21, 2024, 09:24:51 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 20, 2024, 10:54:48 PM

I didn't see him, but I did see an interview with another Protestant farmer who could lose up to 50 acres(!). He was all for it and quite emotional as he knew someone killed on the road. "No blade of grass is worth more than someone's life"
Fair play to him. I'm sure they'll get a pretty penny for the ground?

Walter Cronc

Another bad smash. O'Dowd needs to get the finger out and get the Omagh - Ballygawley stretch built asap

trailer

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 06, 2024, 07:18:37 AMAnother bad smash. O'Dowd needs to get the finger out and get the Omagh - Ballygawley stretch built asap

A 30 year old man killed. Yet another life lost.

Snapchap

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on March 06, 2024, 10:50:06 AM
Quote from: trailer on March 06, 2024, 09:04:05 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 06, 2024, 07:18:37 AMAnother bad smash. O'Dowd needs to get the finger out and get the Omagh - Ballygawley stretch built asap

Is it true that its the brother of current Tyrone player? God help the poor family. That road isn't fit for purpose. How many lives does it take?

Really think its a good idea to be speculating online about the identity of a crash victim before the victim has been named publicly? There are good reasons why it takes time for the names to be released in these circumstances.

Brendan

Quote from: Snapchap on March 06, 2024, 11:03:59 AM
Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on March 06, 2024, 10:50:06 AM
Quote from: trailer on March 06, 2024, 09:04:05 AM

Is it true that its the brother of current Tyrone player? God help the poor family. That road isn't fit for purpose. How many lives does it take?

Really think its a good idea to be speculating online about the identity of a crash victim before the victim has been named publicly? There are good reasons why it takes time for the names to be released in these circumstances.

Coalisland have named him

quit yo jibbajabba

WeeDonns

It has probably been answered on here before – but what was the reasoning that it couldn't go ahead in 3 separate sections?
IIRC some of the original objections came in the Omagh(Strabane?) to Derry section because of rivers linked to the foyle?

Omagh to Ballygawley is terrible

seafoid

quit yo jibbajabba

In these situations it never does harm to wait agreed

armaghniac

Quote from: WeeDonns on March 06, 2024, 01:03:00 PMIt has probably been answered on here before – but what was the reasoning that it couldn't go ahead in 3 separate sections?

I doubt if it could be properly answered, there was never any need to do it all in one go. Roads all over the country were improved in sections.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on March 06, 2024, 02:10:38 PM
Quote from: WeeDonns on March 06, 2024, 01:03:00 PMIt has probably been answered on here before – but what was the reasoning that it couldn't go ahead in 3 separate sections?

I doubt if it could be properly answered, there was never any need to do it all in one go. Roads all over the country were improved in sections.
The problem was that the Irish government promised money and then got hit by the crash . The North doesn't have the budget for this project. Things then got held up in the courts. Then Stormont collapsed. You couldn't make it up. And people are still dying