The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: J70 on November 27, 2017, 05:37:12 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 27, 2017, 05:10:59 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 27, 2017, 11:49:45 AM
Sanctuary cities... what's your problem with that? Any stats to back up your problem? Do you think its better if illegal immigrants are afraid to go to or cooperate with the cops and other local authorities? Will THAT help public safety?

No illegals = no problem.

What part of that don't you understand?

Meanwhile, back in the real world (not the unobtainable, illegal-free utopia of your dreams), there ARE in fact millions of illegals who, short of some mass, NAZI-style round-up, are not going anywhere and present a scenario which has to be reckoned with by actual local authorities and public safety organizations.

They are illegals! In the real world they are illegally in the country and have no rights to be there at all at all, the number does not matter to me one iota, you spewing millions does not deflect from the fact they should not be in the country and are breaking the law of the country every day they are in the country llegally.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: seafoid on November 28, 2017, 09:13:49 AM
This says so much about Trump.. Always attack. Never apilogisr.

via the Indo

Donald Trump has been criticised for using a racial slur during an event honouring Native American veterans.

The US president was welcoming three Navajo code talkers from the Second World War to the Oval Office on Monday afternoon when he referred to Elizabeth Warren, the Democratic senator, as "Pocahontas".

During remarks praising their service, he said: "You were here long before any of us were here.  Although we have a representative in Congress who they say was here a long time ago. They call her Pocahontas. But you know what, I like you."

Defending Mr Trump's remarks, the White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said: "I think what most people find offensive is Senator Warren lying about her heritage.

Saunders should not defend the indefensible, that was cringworthy and absolutely wrong by Trump.

stew

Quote from: J70 on November 28, 2017, 01:26:28 AM
Quote from: stew on November 28, 2017, 12:24:57 AM
Quote from: stew on November 26, 2017, 02:10:49 PM
Quote from: omochain on November 26, 2017, 05:31:44 AM
Stew:
Was it a Democrat who done you out of playing corner forward for the Harps.
I am trying to figure out what made you so angry and that is the closest I am coming to a rational answer.

I have opinions on American politics, you know who I am, I have not a f**ks notion who you are, if you ever want to know anything about me just pm me!

I am not angry, I simply despise with all my heart what the left has done to America in the States, I am sick of transgender talk, the debt Obama put the country into, the middle east and ISIS as well as the liberal f**ks that run the sanctuary cities, I could go on and on.

I never played for the Harps seniors in corner forward because I was a back, I never played for the Hrps senior team for two reasons, i was not good enough and I preferred sawker and was much better at that than Gaelic.

I would be  a labour voter in England, not a single one of the f**kers on this Island north or south is worth voting for, in the States none of them are worth voting for either, that said a vote to deny Clinton was a vote well spent, even if that c**k Trump was the beneficiary!

Hope that answers your question anon!

The transgender issue features first on your list of gripes?? Seriously? Advocacy for inclusiveness and accommodation for transgender people? THAT'S a major problem for you?? Do you wish they'd f**k off back into the closet?

Transgenderism It is not remotely first, it was the first thing I wrote, there are far more pressing issues but I am sick and tired of hearing how f**king great and brave and wonderful yer man Jenner is now that he has baps and no balls! Winning awards for bravety etc! FFS wise up!!!

Still harping on about the debt while ignoring the conditions that led to it and offering no alternative whatsoever as to what should have been done (and ignoring the GOP's latest reimbrace of deficit spending once they're back in power).

I have offered alternatives as to what should have been done you clampett!!!  The GOP are as inept as the left, they are just less corrupt in my opinion, two sides of the same you know what blah blah b;lah!!!

The Middle East/ISIS... I'm not saying Obama handled that particular powder keg very well, but no blame from you for the GOP and Bush for what they did in Iraq which led directly to ISIS? Put it this way, what should Obama have done differently? The Iraqis wanted them out. They agreed under Bush to get out. The US people wanted them out.

The next time you cricitise  Obama will be the first time on this issue!

Sanctuary cities... what's your problem with that? Any stats to back up your problem? Do you think its better if illegal immigrants are afraid to go to or cooperate with the cops and other local authorities? Will THAT help public safety?

Illegal aliens should not be in the country ffs! I would prefer they were back in whatever country they are from, Irish included! Its not hard, the rule of law needs to apply to all not just the non supercitizens that the left love for votes!

My problem with sanctuary cities is that they give safe harbor to criminals that are not even supposed to be in the country, I know how hard illegal imigrants work, I have seen it first hand, the problem with illegals, or one of the problems is that they dont give a f**k about the law if it effects their illegal entry into the country, and then there are the sheep that support their lawbreaking, liberals love to break the law if it suits their narrative and I hate them for that! Why should I follow the rules when they dont have to??

Do you break the law when it suits YOU stew? Do you speed when driving? Have you ever drove when you had that one drink too many and shouldn't have? Have you you done a few jobs under the table, cash in hand, out of earshot of the taxman? Have you ever hired an outfit to do construction on your house who might be employing illegals? Have you ever ordered a pizza or chinese and had it delivered by some Latino on a bike or moped who is probably illegal? Do you delve into every company you do business with to check their status with regards illegals, or are like the rest of us who have more important things to worry about than whether your delivery dude or the lad blowing the leaves across the street is legal or not? Everyone can justify or rationalize skirting the rules at some point. Your "liberals love to break the law if it suits their narrative and I hate them for that!" is just your usual blinkered, baseless vitriol.

And on the sanctuary city issue itself, there are degrees. I would agree with you that criminals should be handed over to the immigration authorities after serving their sentence. I have no problem whatsoever with that and I'd be surprised if many do. I have no problem with legitimate, genuine suspects being kicked out. What I support is allowing immigrants to report to and cooperate with the cops and authorities without fear of ICE being called. I don't think ICE agents should be pursuing kids in school, or that a family should be afraid to report their abusive landlord for fear of the immigration authorities being called.

Are you really comparing speeding with living in a country you have no right to be in???????

I have drove too fast many times, I broke the law and when caught I got tickets and paid fines, I was held accountable, got points on my license and my insurance went up.

I got destroyed by a drunk driver when I was 26 and had to learn to read and write all over again due to a severe head injury from which I got epilepsy and a shit ton of seizures, so I do not drink and drive.

Have I done jobs for cash, yes is the simple answer, if I had got caught picking strawberrys and getting cash money and screwing the taxman I would have been fined, I did this from when I was 11 until I was 16 or so.

I had a company called Tycore Built build my home, they are a family owned business with zero illegals on their books, they are fantastic.

Baseless vitriol? Really, people like you plant seeds, you are dangerous, you try and equate minor infractions and major infractions as equal, they are not equal, liberals are great at making up pathetic arguments such as yours because they have to be, they have no moral ground to stand on in this issue, it is not hard, if you are in the country illegally you need to go back to were you came from, apply for residency and jump through the same hopps I and many other legal aliens did to get there and no amount of bullshit spewed forth from your pie hole will ever change that kid! None.

foxcommander

Quote from: stew on November 28, 2017, 12:20:58 PM

Are you really comparing speeding with living in a country you have no right to be in???????

I have drove too fast many times, I broke the law and when caught I got tickets and paid fines, I was held accountable, got points on my license and my insurance went up.

I got destroyed by a drunk driver when I was 26 and had to learn to read and write all over again due to a severe head injury from which I got epilepsy and a shit ton of seizures, so I do not drink and drive.

Have I done jobs for cash, yes is the simple answer, if I had got caught picking strawberrys and getting cash money and screwing the taxman I would have been fined, I did this from when I was 11 until I was 16 or so.

I had a company called Tycore Built build my home, they are a family owned business with zero illegals on their books, they are fantastic.

Baseless vitriol? Really, people like you plant seeds, you are dangerous, you try and equate minor infractions and major infractions as equal, they are not equal, liberals are great at making up pathetic arguments such as yours because they have to be, they have no moral ground to stand on in this issue, it is not hard, if you are in the country illegally you need to go back to were you came from, apply for residency and jump through the same hopps I and many other legal aliens did to get there and no amount of bullshit spewed forth from your pie hole will ever change that kid! None.

What an excellent post Stew.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

J70

Quote from: stew on November 28, 2017, 12:04:56 PM

Meanwhile, back in the real world (not the unobtainable, illegal-free utopia of your dreams), there ARE in fact millions of illegals who, short of some mass, NAZI-style round-up, are not going anywhere and present a scenario which has to be reckoned with by actual local authorities and public safety organizations.

They are illegals! In the real world they are illegally in the country and have no rights to be there at all at all, the number does not matter to me one iota, you spewing millions does not deflect from the fact they should not be in the country and are breaking the law of the country every day they are in the country llegally.

What's better for overall public safety and health stew?

A large body of people who are NOT afraid to go to the authorities, when necessary, or millions living completely in the shadows, afraid to report and cooperate and help nail criminals and law breakers, legal or otherwise?

foxcommander

Quote from: seafoid on November 28, 2017, 09:13:49 AM
This says so much about Trump.. Always attack. Never apilogisr.

via the Indo

Donald Trump has been criticised for using a racial slur during an event honouring Native American veterans.

The US president was welcoming three Navajo code talkers from the Second World War to the Oval Office on Monday afternoon when he referred to Elizabeth Warren, the Democratic senator, as "Pocahontas".

During remarks praising their service, he said: "You were here long before any of us were here.  Although we have a representative in Congress who they say was here a long time ago. They call her Pocahontas. But you know what, I like you."

Defending Mr Trump's remarks, the White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said: "I think what most people find offensive is Senator Warren lying about her heritage.

What Racial slur? Warren lied about being native american. President Trump made a joke of it.

If anything he's being clever to keep reminding everyone of what she did as he's already looking towards 2020 and his potential opponents.

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on November 28, 2017, 01:51:04 PM

Deport them. That's the actual answer.

J70

I'll bet you're a big advocate of abstinence-only sex education. Its of the same black/white, no grey areas, unrealistic, pie in the sky worldview as your "they're illegal, end of" bollocks.

I absolutely can defend this position on a moral basis. My position treats people as individual real human beings. Yours treats them as a statistic.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on November 28, 2017, 01:52:48 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 28, 2017, 01:51:04 PM

Deport them. That's the actual answer.

Well thought out, as always.

But what happens to the actual serious and dangerous law breakers who get to skate because the community is afraid to engage with the authorities?

foxcommander

Oh Nancy! You're now protecting predators like John Conyers. He even took meetings in his underwear!

"John Conyers is an icon in our country. He's done a great deal to protect women,"

He sure has. Protect them from talking you mean.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/11/26/politics/pelosi-conyers-icon-mtp/index.html

Pelosi is shit scared as this guy is a leader of a minority group and doesn't want to upset him.

Franken must be innocent too at this rate. What photo? I see he's not planning to resign either.

You crazy democrats. Keep on pretending it's not happening.

J70

Quote from: stew on November 28, 2017, 12:20:58 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 28, 2017, 01:26:28 AM
Quote from: stew on November 28, 2017, 12:24:57 AM
Quote from: stew on November 26, 2017, 02:10:49 PM
Quote from: omochain on November 26, 2017, 05:31:44 AM
Stew:
Was it a Democrat who done you out of playing corner forward for the Harps.
I am trying to figure out what made you so angry and that is the closest I am coming to a rational answer.

I have opinions on American politics, you know who I am, I have not a f**ks notion who you are, if you ever want to know anything about me just pm me!

I am not angry, I simply despise with all my heart what the left has done to America in the States, I am sick of transgender talk, the debt Obama put the country into, the middle east and ISIS as well as the liberal f**ks that run the sanctuary cities, I could go on and on.

I never played for the Harps seniors in corner forward because I was a back, I never played for the Hrps senior team for two reasons, i was not good enough and I preferred sawker and was much better at that than Gaelic.

I would be  a labour voter in England, not a single one of the f**kers on this Island north or south is worth voting for, in the States none of them are worth voting for either, that said a vote to deny Clinton was a vote well spent, even if that c**k Trump was the beneficiary!

Hope that answers your question anon!

The transgender issue features first on your list of gripes?? Seriously? Advocacy for inclusiveness and accommodation for transgender people? THAT'S a major problem for you?? Do you wish they'd f**k off back into the closet?

Transgenderism It is not remotely first, it was the first thing I wrote, there are far more pressing issues but I am sick and tired of hearing how f**king great and brave and wonderful yer man Jenner is now that he has baps and no balls! Winning awards for bravety etc! FFS wise up!!!

Still harping on about the debt while ignoring the conditions that led to it and offering no alternative whatsoever as to what should have been done (and ignoring the GOP's latest reimbrace of deficit spending once they're back in power).

I have offered alternatives as to what should have been done you clampett!!!  The GOP are as inept as the left, they are just less corrupt in my opinion, two sides of the same you know what blah blah b;lah!!!

The Middle East/ISIS... I'm not saying Obama handled that particular powder keg very well, but no blame from you for the GOP and Bush for what they did in Iraq which led directly to ISIS? Put it this way, what should Obama have done differently? The Iraqis wanted them out. They agreed under Bush to get out. The US people wanted them out.

The next time you cricitise  Obama will be the first time on this issue!

Illegal aliens should not be in the country ffs! I would prefer they were back in whatever country they are from, Irish included! Its not hard, the rule of law needs to apply to all not just the non supercitizens that the left love for votes!

My problem with sanctuary cities is that they give safe harbor to criminals that are not even supposed to be in the country, I know how hard illegal imigrants work, I have seen it first hand, the problem with illegals, or one of the problems is that they dont give a f**k about the law if it effects their illegal entry into the country, and then there are the sheep that support their lawbreaking, liberals love to break the law if it suits their narrative and I hate them for that! Why should I follow the rules when they dont have to??

Do you break the law when it suits YOU stew? Do you speed when driving? Have you ever drove when you had that one drink too many and shouldn't have? Have you you done a few jobs under the table, cash in hand, out of earshot of the taxman? Have you ever hired an outfit to do construction on your house who might be employing illegals? Have you ever ordered a pizza or chinese and had it delivered by some Latino on a bike or moped who is probably illegal? Do you delve into every company you do business with to check their status with regards illegals, or are like the rest of us who have more important things to worry about than whether your delivery dude or the lad blowing the leaves across the street is legal or not? Everyone can justify or rationalize skirting the rules at some point. Your "liberals love to break the law if it suits their narrative and I hate them for that!" is just your usual blinkered, baseless vitriol.

And on the sanctuary city issue itself, there are degrees. I would agree with you that criminals should be handed over to the immigration authorities after serving their sentence. I have no problem whatsoever with that and I'd be surprised if many do. I have no problem with legitimate, genuine suspects being kicked out. What I support is allowing immigrants to report to and cooperate with the cops and authorities without fear of ICE being called. I don't think ICE agents should be pursuing kids in school, or that a family should be afraid to report their abusive landlord for fear of the immigration authorities being called.

You are the one who was frothing at the mouth that "liberals love to break the law if it suits their narrative and I hate them for that!". Don't get angry at me for pointing out the obvious hypocrisy. We all bend the rules when it suits us.

And there's nothing pathetic about my arguments. They're pragmatic and based in the real world. Unless you're advocating mass round-ups, illegals are in the US to stay, and allowing them to engage with police and other authorities without fear of deportation and breaking up of families is the realistic AND moral position to hold.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on November 28, 2017, 02:00:53 PM
Oh Nancy! You're now protecting predators like John Conyers. He even took meetings in his underwear!

"John Conyers is an icon in our country. He's done a great deal to protect women,"

He sure has. Protect them from talking you mean.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/11/26/politics/pelosi-conyers-icon-mtp/index.html

Pelosi is shit scared as this guy is a leader of a minority group and doesn't want to upset him.

Franken must be innocent too at this rate. What photo? I see he's not planning to resign either.

You crazy democrats. Keep on pretending it's not happening.

And you keep posting pictures of the pussy grabber and, presumably, backing the adolsecent stalker in Alabama.

At least these men have admitted to it and are and will pay a price.

How many accusers have Trump and Moore between them at this stage? What will the consequences be for them?

Gabriel_Hurl

Well - not only is Donnie not admitting it - he's now saying the Access Hollywood tape was faked. The only slight issue with that is that he's already apologized for saying the stuff on the tape.

Quote"Anyone who knows me knows these words don't reflect who I am. I said it, I was wrong and I apologize."

It boggles the mind

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 28, 2017, 02:13:07 PM
Well - not only is Donnie not admitting it - he's now saying the Access Hollywood tape was faked. The only slight issue with that is that he's already apologized for saying the stuff on the tape.

Quote"Anyone who knows me knows these words don't reflect who I am. I said it, I was wrong and I apologize."

It boggles the mind

Not mind boggling when you realize that to Trump, whether or not news is faked depends on whether it is damaging to him or not, not on whether the content/substance is genuine.

Hence actual real, verifiable, photos of his inferior inauguration crowd HAD to be fake. Because his was the biggest and greatest ever! It's as if all that matters is what HE proclaims, not what intelligent people can see. Once he denounces something as fake, to him, it ceases to matter.

What's mind boggling is how he continually gets a pass from the right on his bullshit.

Gabriel_Hurl

What sort of man would hire illegal undocumented workers?

QuoteIn 1980, under pressure to begin construction on what would become his signature project, Donald J. Trump employed a crew of 200 undocumented Polish workers who worked in 12-hour shifts, without gloves, hard hats or masks, to demolish the Bonwit Teller building on Fifth Avenue, where the 58-story, golden-hued Trump Tower now stands.

The workers were paid as little as $4 an hour for their dangerous labor, less than half the union wage, if they got paid at all.

Their treatment led to years of litigation over Mr. Trump's labor practices, and in 1998, despite frequent claims that he never settles lawsuits, Mr. Trump quietly reached an agreement to end a class-action suit over the Bonwit Teller demolition in which he was a defendant.

For almost 20 years, the terms of that settlement have remained a secret. But last week, the settlement documents were unsealed by Loretta A. Preska, a United States District Court judge for the Southern District, in response to a 2016 motion filed by Time Inc. and the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press. Judge Preska found that the public's right to know of court proceedings in a class-action case was strengthened by the involvement of the "now-president of the United States."

In a 21-page finding, Judge Preska wrote that "the Trump Parties have failed to identify any interests that can overcome the common law and First Amendment presumptions of access to the four documents at issue."

On the campaign trail and as president, Mr. Trump has made curbing immigration one of his top priorities, seeking to close the borders to people from certain Muslim-majority countries and to deport immigrants who are here illegally. The settlement serves as a reminder that as an employer he relied on illegal immigrants to get a dangerous and dirty job done.

Katie Townsend, litigation director of the Reporters Committee, called the decision a major victory that goes beyond this one case. "It makes clear that both the First Amendment and common law rights of public access apply to settlement-related documents in class actions," she said.

Lawyers for Mr. Trump were not immediately available for comment.

The documents show that Mr. Trump paid a total of $1.375 million to settle the case, known as Hardy v. Kaszycki, with $500,000 of it going to a union benefits fund and the rest to pay lawyers' fees and expenses. According to the documents, one of the union lawyers involved asked the judge to ensure "prompt payment" from Mr. Trump, suggesting "within two weeks after the settlement date."

Mr. Trump jumped in to object. "Thirty days is normal," he said.

At the time of the settlement, the court papers note, "this case has been litigated for 15 years and has already required three rounds of discovery, extensive motion practice, a 16-day trial and two appeals.