Sports quiz

Started by Harold Disgracey, February 10, 2009, 05:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harold Disgracey

I'm running a sports quiz later this week & I could probably do with a few more questions/ideas. Anybody got any good sports trivia they wish to share? The quirkier the better!
I'll post the quiz up on Friday. 

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on February 10, 2009, 05:27:53 PM
I'm running a sports quiz later this week & I could probably do with a few more questions/ideas. Anybody got any good sports trivia they wish to share? The quirkier the better!
I'll post the quiz up on Friday. 

Check out the soccer trivia quiz, it has some crackers in it... Will get thinking about other ones...

Harold Disgracey

Had a look at the soccer ones alright, I'm looking for questions on all sports, GAA. soccer, rugby, golf, horse racing, elephant polo, etc.

RedandGreenSniper

Do a search for the GAA quiz on the main GAA board, it'll be a few pages back but some gud uns there
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

muppet

I was looking up stuff for you but ended up finding a ridiculous encyclopedia site.

Anyway I was trying to confirm that on 2 players have scored hat-tricks in the 6 nations against 2 diferent teams. I think it they are BOD and Mark Cueto. Might need a bit more research though.

Only player to play for 3 different teams in the Railway Cup: Martin Carney (Ulster, Connacht, Combined Universities)

What is the only 6 Nations team that Italy have never beaten at senior level? England.
MWWSI 2017

ExiledGael

Any half decent GAA history book will provide you with countless questions. Got one for Christmas and read in it that Kildare are the only county to win the All-Ireland twice with the same 15 players starting, first time I'd heard that and thought it would make a hell of a quiz question.

longrunsthefox

Might be an easy one but when was last year 4 teams in All Ireland senior finals... ( hurling and mens' football)  with no player already held a senior All Ireland medal?  Is not a trick question.

muppet

1987?

Galway might spoil that one.
MWWSI 2017

longrunsthefox

Doogie Browser

muppet

MWWSI 2017

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 10, 2009, 07:47:48 PM
1989 then?

You got it!!

Not 1998 Kilkenny V Offaly in hurling but Offaly boys won medals in 1994

Norf Tyrone

Stephen O'Neill played Irish League soccer for which team?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Doogie Browser

muppet

What club does Ireland and Leinster player Gordon d'Arcy play for? (He togged 10 days ago for Lansdowne).
MWWSI 2017